THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 18:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wrath of the Godfather AKA New Mafia Game  (Read 2532 times)

TheEvilDog

Wrath of the Godfather AKA New Mafia Game
« on: 20 Sep 2014, 14:13 »

As some of you might remember, I ran a couple of horror themed Mafia games last year. I had fun running them and I certainly hope the players enjoyed them.
Well, I've got a couple of ideas for a new game if anyone is interested.
*The first is a Sci-Fi setting - a crippled spaceship waiting for a rescue team to arrive. Unfortunately, there are persons unknown who don't want the survivors getting off the ship.
*The next idea is a group camping in the woods, not realising that one of their number is a werewolf who can change any time they wish. Can what's left of the group survive until morning? (Basically instead of nights, it's hours, and if the campers can survive until dawn at 6am, they win - the werewolf/werewolves automatically transform back into human and get whaled on by their former friends.).
*A number of police officers from all over the world are on a retreat in the wilderness, but a criminal from one of the officer's past has a score to settle. (Why yes I did watch D-Tox last week, why do you ask?)
*A rerun of my Thing game (but that's kind of low on the list).

There's also a couple of different mechanics I want to try for this game, such as;
*Anonymous voting for lynching (players won't vote in the game thread, but send their votes to me). The idea is stop inadvertent ganging up on players (but the results of each vote and who voted for who will be posted here in this thread after the game).
*Players will be able to announce their role, but be warned, the Killer will have a false role that they can use to maintain their cover. This can save you or kill you, depending on if people trust you or not, but one time only.

Going to run this game with just 12 players, which seems to be a nice number to get back into the game with.
So, any takers?

1. Cesium133
2. Masterpiece
« Last Edit: 22 Sep 2014, 15:39 by TheEvilDog »

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
Re: Wrath of the Godfather
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2014, 14:31 »

I'm in for any of the options. I especially like the sci-fi setting suggestion.
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

TheEvilDog

Re: Wrath of the Godfather AKA New Mafia Game
« Reply #2 on: 22 Sep 2014, 12:47 »

Well that's one. We'll see how many we have by Sunday.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification
« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2014, 12:56 »

Count me in for the Sci fi game. And did you add the rule about announcing roles because I did during the Thing?

TheEvilDog

« Reply #4 on: 22 Sep 2014, 15:38 »

Count me in for the Sci fi game. And did you add the rule about announcing roles because I did during the Thing?

Not particularly, I saw that in some of the games, players would try to hide their roles by pretending to be villagers to save themselves from a lynching. This just adds another layer of sneakiness. Everyone knows that someone could be lying but can't prove it without exposing themselves to the killers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up