THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 00:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CUBErt Prepares to Square Off!  (Read 2798 times)

CUBErt

• Not quite a lurker
  • :V
CUBErt Prepares to Square Off!
« on: 28 Sep 2014, 21:58 »

How goes it? I'm CUBErt! 19, from South Florida. I'm not good at describing myself as a person using simple adjectives so here's a few little things I like

• Webcomics. Because duh. QC, Ava's Demon, DoA, NAV, Gunnerkrigg, Ava's Demon, Nerf-This/Scout Crossing/Motokool, C&H, Homestuck (yeah shut up) and Ava's Demon. Did I mention Ava's Demon?
  • I do a lot of Minecraft. Was an administrator on a server that I'd been on for almost two years up until this previous Friday, actually, where myself and about half the staff left because the owner was being an enormous entitled jackass. We're working on a new one from scratch as I type this. Aside from that I like playing a lot of adventure maps, mostly puzzles. I'm a terrible builder so don't ask.
  • I play a lot of League of Legends, too. I stay away from ranked because I don't like dealing with the sort of people who frequent that gametype. Mid main, mostly mages. Viktor/Brand/Anivia/Orianna/Ziggs, etc, with some Fizz and Kha'zix thrown in because why the fuck not. Don't put me bot lane I will feed feed feed.
  • I go to University of Miami. It's okay. Don't ask me how any of the sports teams are doing because I don't know. We've got a sort of iLounge community set up where like 20 or so meet up between classes to play games/watch shows/eat lunch/talk about shit. It's pretty neat-o.
  • I occasionally watch TV/anime. Gravity Falls, Game of Thrones, Elementary, Hannibal. I watch Doctor Who and BBC Sherlock and I will enjoy it but I will criticize the fuck out of everything I find wrong with Moffat's writing, which tends to be a lot. HunterXHunter, Angel Beats!, FMA:B, Zankyou no Terror, and I will throw in One Piece as my guilty pleasure.
  • I listen to a bit of music, too. Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Beirut, St. Vincent (seeing her October 6th bless Annie Clark the goddess amen), Elsiane (AVA'S DEMON THANK YOU), Dropkick Murphys, Silversun Pickups, Rammstein. I have almost the entire Homestuck discography and regret very little of it, I have a probably embarrassing amount of System of a Down from my early high school years (and I will listen to Questions! on repeat and unironically enjoy it forever), and my favorite song ever is Buildings & Mountains by The Republic Tigers. It's the first song I ever heard by them and I refuse to listen to anything else by them because I'm so utterly convinced that nothing else they have made or will ever make could ever possibly top it. This is probably a very poor decision and I'm well aware of it.
  • Bookssssss... A Song of Ice and Fire, Artemis Fowl, Series of Unfortunate Events, American Gods, Lord of the Rings (I am nowhere near Colbert levels please don't quiz me). Agatha Christie is my favorite author, The Murder of Roger Ackroyd is in my opinion to date the most ingenious murder mystery conceived, to which And Then There Were None is a close second.
  • I eat way more chocolate and drink way more root beer than I probably should.
  • If anyone here used to play ThinkTanks or Clusterball pls tell me. I got hit by a massive nostalgia bomb for those games about a month ago and it's so difficult to reminisce without people who played the games.

Oh, uh. I've been reading QC since about #1860 and only hopped on the forums now. So yeah. Damn good comic. Glad to be here. Etc etc etc.
Plays Minecraft and eats chocolate mhmm mhmm.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
Re: CUBErt Prepares to Square Off!
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2014, 22:12 »

I say!!

Welcome aboard old chap

Have a Cigar and a Single Malt.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

samuraisc

• Not quite a lurker
  • Laziness and Bad Decisions
« Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2014, 23:19 »

Welcome, person slightly newer than me! You are not the only person who still listens to System of a Down unironically. I don't admit to it in mixed company, but there are only a couple System songs I can't completely belt out from memory. Glad to have you aboard!

CUBErt

• Not quite a lurker
  • :V
« Reply #3 on: 29 Sep 2014, 06:30 »

Bless the both of ya, and glad to be here!

(You'll never guess where I got my name from hurrrr)
Plays Minecraft and eats chocolate mhmm mhmm.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #4 on: 30 Sep 2014, 13:34 »

Welcome! Anyone who eats too much chocolate should fit right in.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.
Pages: [1]   Go Up