THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 05:49
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lots of 500 internal server errors on loading the forum lately  (Read 15062 times)

LTK

• Methuselah's mentor

I've seen it happen occasionally before, where the forum wouldn't load because of a server error, and it'd usually get resolved an hour later or so. But now it's happening multiple times per day. Seems like there's something very wrong server-side.
Quote from: snalin
I just got the image of a midwife and a woman giving birth swinging towards each other on a trapeze - when they meet, the midwife pulls the baby out. The knife juggler is standing on the floor and cuts the umbilical cord with a a knifethrow.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

I have not seen this for a long time; but I do see lots of timeouts between 9am and 10am UK time, which I believe are the result of backups taking place, either of the forum itself or of other systems in the same server.

I have brought this up with the man who runs the server, but he hasn't (yet) responded on the matter.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand

Usually I see it in the wee hours of the morning, my time. which probably corresponds to what you said.
Pages: [1]   Go Up