THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 15:17
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The SCP Foundation  (Read 4346 times)

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl
The SCP Foundation
« on: 28 Jun 2014, 06:05 »

Due to the size of the Database on anomalies found by the Foundation being so large, I don't see why there shouldn't be a thread about it here. (Except maybe because it gives access to sensitive data without security clearance and without knowledge of O5. But I'm sure Dr. Bright would approve.)

And now to break character, for the ones who don't know what this is all about, I'll just quote my post from HHJJ:

The SCP-Wiki is a creative writing project about a fictive secret foundation, which operates worldwide to contain anomalous things/artifacts. While sometimes very scary I like reading the texts there. The foundation is unscrupulous, as they protect the public from dangers from these articafts with any means necessary. They often utilise so called "D-class personnel", which are recruited from death row and are thus expendable. The foundation is organised by a council of thirteen people, the so called O5 council. The stories are written as "reports" about these artifacts, beginning with a description of necessary containment measures before even explaining what the artifact is. Many of the articles are written to be creepy to horrifying. Often the artifacts don't seem too threatening, until you come to a twist, which leaves you in terror. Good SCPs to start with are SCP-087 (very creepy), SCP-1981 (very creepy as well) or SCP-055 (not that creepy, but an unsettling idea). Also read the articles at the top of the series overviews (Details about object classes and personnel classes).

And now my first question for interested people. What were the authors (or author, my guess is that it was just Dr. Bright) of "The Things Dr Bright Is Not Allowed To Do At The Foundation" smoking? I mean seriously:
Chainsaws are not the solution to every question.
  • Nor is 'More Chainsaws'.
  • Or "Chainsaw cannons"
    • Except for that one time. And yes, it was awesome.
« Last Edit: 30 Jun 2014, 09:10 by ankhtahr »
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
Re: The SCP Foundation
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jun 2014, 06:52 »

Maybe they were smoking a Chainsaw?

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2014, 09:58 »

They were probably reading Skippy's List

http://skippyslist.com/list/
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jun 2014, 04:12 »

Well, Dr. Bright himself (the author) said that it was based on that list, so yes, they have read it. Still some things on there are just grotesque.

What's your favourite SCP? I'll leave the big ones aside (087, 1000, 2000, 001 proposals). Mine's probably 914:

It offers so many new ideas and possibilities, it's amazing.

Other than that I also thoroughly enjoy 294, especially its use as ordinary vending machine in order to save money.
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

Edguy

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Takin' care of business!
    • My facebook page
« Reply #4 on: 30 Jun 2014, 08:38 »

Dude, I might possibly end up reading 3000+ pages of made up reports now. Thanks a lot.
I dunno..

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #5 on: 30 Jun 2014, 09:09 »

Dude, I might possibly end up reading 3000+ pages of made up reports now. Thanks a lot.

The series 3 (2000 - 2999) is far from finished, so there aren't as many reports. Not all articles are well written either. Some are just meh. But the good ones are definitely worth reading. So many fantastic ideas. The imagination necessary for a good article is astonishing. SCP-2998 in all iterations tells a really interesting story, and sometimes I wish for a few slices of SCP-504.

Edit: As 2998 can be a bit difficult to unterstand, here are a few hints, to read after reading all iterations:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: 30 Jun 2014, 10:28 by ankhtahr »

DrClef

• Plantmonster
« Reply #6 on: 28 Sep 2014, 22:02 »

Huh. I registered in order to comment on the latest cuteness revolving around Claire and discovered an SCP Foundation fan thread here. How cool.

(Yes, this is THAT Clef).

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #7 on: 28 Sep 2014, 23:35 »

Oh my god. Wow. As creator of this thread (and great fan of the foundation) I feel a little bit honored that you're here.

Welcome!

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #8 on: 29 Sep 2014, 01:22 »

Oh, and don't forget to create a thread in the Hi, I'm New section, so you can be properly welcomed!

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #9 on: 30 Sep 2014, 15:05 »

I keep forgetting SCP exists then go one huge binges with it.

DrClef

• Plantmonster
« Reply #10 on: 01 Oct 2014, 17:47 »

I guess I will go do that. In any case, thanks for your kind words.
Pages: [1]   Go Up