Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 28 Mar 2020, 14:35
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Advice: Rev. Horton Heat Concert  (Read 8830 times)

Phrozen

Need Advice: Rev. Horton Heat Concert
« on: 19 Dec 2004, 03:11 »

So my dad's a big Horton Heat fan. I went down to the house of blues and bought a pair of tickets so he and i could go see him.

Now, the problem is thatI've never been to a psychobilly concert, should I expect to get killed moshing or should i not worry since its a house of blues concert?

rynne

• The Tickler
  • Hey, nice marmot!
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2004, 05:50 »

I saw him in DC a bunch of years ago, and I don't recall any moshing.  In fact, there were a good deal more middle-aged folks there than most shows I've been to.  You'll probably see more ho-down dancing than moshing.
When Kleiner showed me the sky-line of New York, I told him that man is like the coral insect---designed to build vast, beautiful, mineral things for the moonlight to delight in after he is dead. - H.P. Lovecraft

Phrozen

« Reply #2 on: 19 Dec 2004, 10:05 »

that would actually be a relief.

CammyKnoxville

« Reply #3 on: 19 Dec 2004, 11:44 »

I saw them 2 years ago at Street Scene, and there was no moshing.

And like rynne said, I too saw alot of middle age folks there.  They were fun to listen too.

Phrozen

« Reply #4 on: 19 Dec 2004, 16:35 »

Yay! that makes me happy, my dad loves the rev but he's 40 now(whoa, never really thought about that before...) so freaky concerts aren't really his style.

The awesome thing is that I just went out and bought a pair of Partagas 150AA's to smoke after the show. Uber expensive and ultra tasty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up