THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 13:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: On discussion of private parts  (Read 56458 times)

Loki

• comeback tour!
  • The mischief that dwells within
On discussion of private parts
« on: 09 Oct 2014, 09:19 »

Moderator Comment Don't do it. Seriously. They are called private parts for a reason.
In the manner such discussions tend to go, they very quickly become disrespectful to real people, of which we have a-plenty on this board. Imho not discussing people's genitalia without their consent is basic human decency.
This is a rule we had to instate after things went downhill often, and it will be treated as any other rule.
The future is a weird place and you never know where it will take you.
the careful illusion of shit-togetherness

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
Re: On discussion of private parts
« Reply #1 on: 09 Oct 2014, 15:41 »

Administrator Comment All of the above, plus it's a carefully considered rule which has other compelling reasons behind it. Yes, this includes fictional characters. Please take this very seriously.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 09 Oct 2014, 16:05 »

Global Moderator Comment And if neccessary, we will wield the Ban Hammer and delete you COMPLETELY from this Forum.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #3 on: 10 Feb 2015, 11:27 »

Here's some reasoning behind the policy.

Quote from: the Creator writing on jephjacques.com

Let’s talk about Claire!

Over the past few days I’ve been getting an increasing number of people asking about Claire. Specifically, asking whether she has had gender reassignment surgery (or sex reassignment surgery, it seems like both terms are in use).

The short answer is: I have no plans to reveal this, in the comic or otherwise.

The longer answer is: I understand people’s curiosity! If you’re interested in a character, you want to know more about them. And while I try my best to make Claire more than just “the trans character,” it certainly is an aspect that factors into people’s conceptions of her.

But people are not defined by their genitalia. And I don’t want Claire to be defined by hers. Ultimately, I don’t think it matters, for the purposes of the story I’m trying to tell. If it matters to you personally, that is a valid feeling and I respect it. I understand being curious, or feeling like it would help you understand or identify with Claire better, or whatever reason you have for wanting to know. But I’m still going to stick to what I believe to be the best course.

So there we have it, that is basically where I stand on the matter. Thanks for reading.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.
Pages: [1]   Go Up