THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 02:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Page numbering  (Read 9950 times)

TheLogan

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
Page numbering
« on: 18 Oct 2014, 13:05 »

Having read the entirety of QC in about 2 weeks, I just started following Alice Grove as well. One thing I immediately noticed was that the first page is page no 8, second page is page no 7, etc. and the newest page is then page no 0.
Now I suspect that when the next page is released all pages will be pushed 1 number. Which would be really annoying for me, since I bookmark all the comics I follow, and this means the links aren't permanent.

Am I completely wrong, will the pages indeed go 1, 0, -1, -2, -3 etc... or is there something that can be done about it? =)

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
Re: Page numbering
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2014, 13:15 »

That's Tumblr numbering.  I think as soon as the "real" website's working, proper numbering will resume. 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

TheLogan

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2014, 13:17 »

Excellent! =)

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2014, 18:20 »

I think he's actually using Tumblr to run everything.

In any case, the way he's doing things, the Tumblr page numbers are acting as they are because it's designed for multiple posts per page, but Jeph has it set to 1 post per page.

It makes more sense if you link directly to the post to bookmark it, either using the date or the link icon directly under the post - that's the permalink, which won't change as he adds posts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up