THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 04:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

And now act three...

Tropical Storm Martenclaire meets Northern Hurricane Faye for disastrous results
- 32 (26.2%)
The Svenectomy begins
- 16 (13.1%)
Tai razzes Marten and Claire till they're both as red as Claire's hair
- 16 (13.1%)
Steve Eating Cereal: The Legend Continues
- 8 (6.6%)
Clinton finally finds out that big sister has a boyfriend
- 41 (33.6%)
5 straight days of yelling bird cloaca jokes
- 9 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2816-2820 (20-24 October 2014) Weekly Comic Discussion Thread  (Read 111023 times)

Krald

• Emoticontraindication
  • Thinking Machine

Claire moves to NY with Angus, that way we have maximum sadness.

He also accidentally packs Momo and though he promises to send her back, keeps putting it off.

I did not know people were capable of such cruel thoughts

eschaton

• Furry furrier

He also accidentally packs Momo and though he promises to send her back, keeps putting it off.

Momo's like the size of a 12-year-old girl now, pretty big to pack.

That said, we have never seen what happened to Momo's old body.  Maybe Marigold kept it?  Maybe Pintsize can get his hands on it!  :clairedoge:

Somnus Eternus

• Furry furrier
  • IT'S DEFINITELY LUPUS.

Momo's like the size of a 12-year-old girl now, pretty big to pack.

That said, we have never seen what happened to Momo's old body.  Maybe Marigold kept it?  Maybe Pintsize can get his hands on it!  :clairedoge:

That's part 2 of their marketing plan for their singing dildos.

...And I just broke my own brain with that. :(

KOK

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
  • We are many who are few

A colleague of mine who does not know this comic read a single page. It has four characters. He identified two as nerds and two as normal humans. The nerds were Marigold and Clinton. The normal humans were Momo and Hannelore.
Quote from: Marten
You're cute when you're reasonable.

FunkyTuba

• Scrabble hacker

I don't get it.  Don't Hannelore and Faye have the same therapist?  Or did Faye stop going or something?

Even if they did have the same therapist (or not), there's no good reason they would know they're going to the same one. I'd guess that the therapist themself wouldn't come up in casual conversation.

AJ_

• Not quite a lurker

IIRC, Hannelore was the one who referred Faye to Dr. Corrine
Hello, Universe

Stoon

• Pneumatic ratchet pants

I don't get it.  Don't Hannelore and Faye have the same therapist?  Or did Faye stop going or something?

Even if they did have the same therapist (or not), there's no good reason they would know they're going to the same one. I'd guess that the therapist themself wouldn't come up in casual conversation.
Um, Hanners referred Faye to her doctor,
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=557
Doctor Corrine's first appearance:
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=649
Faye and Hannelore talking about Doctor Corrine:
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=663

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!

A colleague of mine who does not know this comic read a single page. It has four characters. He identified two as nerds and two as normal humans. The nerds were Marigold and Clinton. The normal humans were Momo and Hannelore.

So 62.5% right, then. I'm giving him half credit on Momo because, while not exactly human, she's the closest to normal in the main cast.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!

I'm giving him half credit on Momo because, while not exactly human, she's the closest to normal in the main cast.

I agree and find that fact profoundly disturbing in its own right.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

swapna

• Curry sauce

BenRG: why? I mean if Momo was a human she'd probably be boring - as a robot she can be the 'sensible person' without losing too much of her personality. Also, the 'normal person' programming had to go /somewhere/ when they produced Pintsize

BenRG

• coprophage

Why? Because a robot is more persuasively human than, necessarily a real human. The philosophical implications would keep a drunken Clinton going for hours.
~~~~

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
  • All Your Marriage Are Belong to Everyone
    • Singular Blues

So 62.5% right, then. I'm giving him half credit on Momo because, while not exactly human, she's the closest to normal in the main cast.

Wait...

Nerds aren't human?

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

Good advice for anyone

Dr. Hannelore is in,
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

NemoX

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Lonely nobody

Wait...

Nerds aren't human?

Well, we'd have to ask somebody outside of here....we are a bunch of people on the internet in a forum about a webcomic...I think we all kinda qualify as nerds. I'd like to think we aren't human. Secretly we are all cyborgs waiting for the right moment to strike at the pathetic puny humans and their delicate meat bodies. Mwahahahahahahahah!

ehem, I mean, we are all normal. yeah.
"Wit is educated insolence" - Aristotle

BenRG

• coprophage

Wait...

Nerds aren't human?

Well, we'd have to ask somebody outside of here....we are a bunch of people on the internet in a forum about a webcomic...I think we all kinda qualify as nerds. I'd like to think we aren't human. Secretly we are all cyborgs waiting for the right moment to strike at the pathetic puny humans and their delicate meat bodies. Mwahahahahahahahah!

ehem, I mean, we are all normal. yeah.

You fool! Thousands of years of careful preparation and for what? Report to Ocslime-1-Alpha-2 for reassignment!
~~~~

NemoX

• Lonely nobody

You fool! Thousands of years of careful preparation and for what? Report to Ocslime-1-Alpha-2 for reassignment!

acknowledged

initiating "get rid of witnesses" protocol. Will report once task is complete

swapna

• Curry sauce

acknowledged

initiating "get rid of witnesses" protocol. Will report once task is complete

Code: [Select]
acknowleged

Initiating 'obfuscation' protocol, stage one: "harmless banter" *Bzzzzz*

Soo, Momo-tan, eh? Haven't seen her for a while!

osaka

• Scrabble hacker

Does she qualify for the "tan" treatment anymore swapna? I'd say she's at least Momo-sama right now. Basically because now she doesn't only shock people out of their shoes - she's large enough to smack upside the head. And that usually derives in a certain degree of respect.
Meh, if you have to run fsck, you're already fscked.

Nepiophage

• FIGHT YOU
  • It/It’s

Wait...

Nerds aren't human?

We are SUPERHUMAN!!
Pintsize: It is hard to get a lady to evaluate to true.
The two laws of internet interaction.
1. Whatever you say someone will be offended.
2. Whoever you are, there is something to offend you.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

swapna

• Curry sauce

Does she qualify for the "tan" treatment anymore swapna? I'd say she's at least Momo-sama right now. Basically because now she doesn't only shock people out of their shoes - she's large enough to smack upside the head. And that usually derives in a certain degree of respect.

True, true. She's still cute, though, but you're right, she's more of a Momo-sama now.

NemoX

• Lonely nobody

True, true. She's still cute, though, but you're right, she's more of a Momo-sama now.

So what would that make May? them being "friends" now and all

Mlle Germain

• Cthulhu f'tagn

Um, Hanners referred Faye to her doctor,
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=557
Doctor Corrine's first appearance:
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=649
Faye and Hannelore talking about Doctor Corrine:
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=663
This issue puzzled me also in today's comic. It would have seemed more natural if Hanners had said "Dr Corinne" instead of "my therapist". Thanks for already posting the links, Stoon, now I don't have to look for them to set FunkyTuba right.  :-P

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

It's so long since Dr Corrine was mentioned by name that I expect that a considerable majority of the readers wouldn't know who she was.  So the explanatory term serves better.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker

Wait...

Nerds aren't human?

We are SUPERHUMAN!!

We are De-Vo

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm more human than human.
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker

That said, we have never seen what happened to Momo's old body.  Maybe Marigold kept it?

Maybe there's a core charge on 'bot bodies (like on car alternators and starters), so Marigold left it at the Idoru store in order to save a few hundred bucks on Momo's new body.
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2008 is the last we saw the old chassis, BTW.

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker

Forgot about that one.

Detachable Felix

• Kind of a jerk, I guess?
  • Global Moderator
  • Scrabble hacker
  • I'm gonna keep you in love with me for a while

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm more human than human.
Are we human though?
Or are we dancer?
This is Australia, mate. We don't do subtlety.
~She/Her/They/Them~

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues

I'm a nerd. I just want to know if I'm still human.

Perhaps I've become a small candy.

Gladstone

• The Tickler

Prediction for Next Week:
    The wrap-up of Faye and Angus's travails:

[...]

My hope is that Faye and Angus salvage their friendship and, in a future strip, Faye mentions having spoken to him by 'phone or having emailed him (after threatening Pintsize with dismemberment if he ever 'forgot' his confidentiality protocols).

And the week after that, everyone goes to the Horrible Revelation to help Faye (responsibly) drown her sorrows, and we get a dressing montage of Claire trying on Victorian finery.  Which is what SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED in strips 2793-2797 (and I'm still bitter that it didn't), although I suppose Victorian Claire followed by Claire + Marten snuggles followed by pancakes would've been too much for this forum to handle.  But maybe it'll happen someday...

Edit: Not that I mean to dictate how Jeph should tell the story; I was just surprised he passed up the Horrible Revelation and its ravishing outfits for a different bar, is all...
« Last Edit: 24 Oct 2014, 23:37 by Gladstone »
You have not experienced Questionable Content until you have read it in the original Klingon.

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos

And the week after that, everyone goes to the Horrible Revelation to help Faye (responsibly) drown her sorrows, and we get a dressing montage of Claire trying on Victorian finery.  Which is what SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED in strips 2793-2797 (and I'm still bitter that it didn't), although I suppose Victorian Claire followed by Claire + Marten snuggles followed by pancakes would've been too much for this forum to handle.  But maybe it'll happen someday..

*dies of squee*
Quote from: Tywin Lannister
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

Gladstone

• The Tickler

*dies of squee*

That's probably why Jeph didn't do it.  He knew the risks were too great.
You have not experienced Questionable Content until you have read it in the original Klingon.

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues

With great power comes great responsibility.

Heavy is the hand that holds the stylus.

BenRG

• coprophage

With great power comes great responsibility.

Heavy is the hand that holds the stylus.

Pfft! He probably spends an hour a day asking: "How can I mess with their heads next week?"  :lol:
~~~~

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues

With great power comes great irresponsibility?

Krald

• Emoticontraindication
  • Thinking Machine

There has been a lack of squee for 2 whole weeks! Break out the cats! (and some dogs)

KOK

Wait...

Nerds aren't human?

A matter of translation. In Danish the word "menneske" meaning "human" is commonly used where English would use "person". Or in this case "mennesker" for "people". Yes, nerds are people, but my colleague does not seem to consider them normal people. (We are both software developers and
comic readers, BTW.)

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues

A matter of translation. In Danish the word "menneske" meaning "human" is commonly used where English would use "person". Or in this case "mennesker" for "people". Yes, nerds are people, but my colleague does not seem to consider them normal people. (We are both software developers and
comic readers, BTW.)

The internet should have invented an irony tag by now.

No worries. I was just playing with the turn of phrase. I'm sure nerds are human.

At least that's what all the blood tests have reported so far...

<.<
>.>

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

And the week after that, everyone goes to the Horrible Revelation to help Faye (responsibly) drown her sorrows, and we get a dressing montage of Claire trying on Victorian finery.  Which is what SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED in strips 2793-2797 (and I'm still bitter that it didn't), although I suppose Victorian Claire followed by Claire + Marten snuggles followed by pancakes would've been too much for this forum to handle.  But maybe it'll happen someday..

*dies of squee*

That's it. I knew it had to happen someday. I warned you, I warned you all! The Squeepocalypse is upon us! Repent and confess your sins to the Cute Ones!

KOK

:wink:

Natswash

• Furry furrier
  • I'm a leaf on the wind...

Wait...

Nerds aren't human?
You mean none of you are other sentient AI? QC isn't the accounts of real people living in Northhampton?!
"Accurate" and "orbital bombardment" do not fit in the same sentence.

techkid

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Disqualified from the human race for shoving
Just because I'm evil, doesn't mean I'm a bad person.

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • *Crunch* *Crunch* *Crunch*

There has been a lack of squee for 2 whole weeks!

Technically Hanners squeed thursday!

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues

Technically Hanners squeed thursday!

That was interrupted by a sads. It was less a squee than it was a squ.

Well have to ask the French Judge if squ is sufficient to reset the clock.
You mean none of you are other sentient AI?
That depends on what your definitions of "are" are.

QC isn't the accounts of real people living in Northhampton?!
Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

No worries. I was just playing with the turn of phrase. I'm sure nerds are human.

At least that's what all the blood tests have reported so far...

<.<
>.>

There's one person here whose doctors were in doubt.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

eschaton

• Furry furrier

That's not the irony tag, that's the sarcasm tag. 

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues

That's not the irony tag, that's the sarcasm tag.

Nope. It's the oblivious and ill-times sexual innuendo tag.

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.

I thought it was just a wink. 

As opposed to a wink and a nod...
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker

I thought it was just a wink. 

As opposed to a wink and a nod...

Say no more, say no more, a wink's as good as a nod to a blind bat.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up