THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Apr 2024, 04:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Placeholder Poll: What also floats in water?

Bread
Apples
Uh...very small rocks
Cider
Gravy
Churches
Lead! Lead!
A Duck! *gasps*

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: 2821-2825 (27 - 31 October 2014) Weekly Comic Discussion Thread  (Read 80245 times)

Endellion

• Obscure cultural reference
  • I pun, therefore I am

Faye's better off binging on food instead of booze, the only bad thing that'll come of that is a slightly larger butt.

Backtracking a slight bit, comic 2822 reminds me of the last panels of 2545 and 2608.
It's a good thing our relationship is based in anger because there's always more fucking kindling.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage

This week will either end on drama

Or Yelling Bird
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Fig

• Curry sauce
  • Lord of the Sith

Faye's better off binging on food instead of booze, the only bad thing that'll come of that is a slightly larger butt.

Backtracking a slight bit, comic 2822 reminds me of the last panels of 2545 and 2608.

I See that as a bonus but then again, I've always preferred curves.  Still, it is good to see she isn't relying on that ol' Midnight Hobo.  Medicating on food isn't much better but hopefully she kicks seeing her therapist up to 11.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.  Through passion I gain strength.  Through strength, power.  Through power, victory.  Through victory, my chains are broken.  The force shall set me free.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!

Y'know, there is the occasional strip in QC that really does seem to support Hannelore's theory that's it's all an occasionally-glitching sim.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

osaka

• Scrabble hacker

And how is it that Marten hasn't found the unlimited guitars glitch yet?
Meh, if you have to run fsck, you're already fscked.

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
  • All Your Marriage Are Belong to Everyone
    • Singular Blues

I like how Marten has the option to ask for God mode, but inn stead goes for infinite guitars.

Rimwolf

• Larger than most fish

This week will either end on drama

Or Yelling Bird

Could be both...

I like how Marten has the option to ask for God mode, but inn stead goes for infinite guitars.

From his point of view, could be both...

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues

I'm not putting him down. He could ask for the fame and fortune hack, or the skill booster, but all he really wants is a never ending supply of guitars.

osaka

• Scrabble hacker

From his point of view, could be both...

God Mode would be boring. Infinite guitars, on the other hand, lets him concentrate on guitar skill rather than getting the proper axe.

(click to show/hide)

It also reduces the pressure on his job (he took extra hours once he impulse-bought an 8-string) and can make him really look forward to playing them. Win-win-win, basically.

katsmeat

• Furry furrier

God Mode would be boring. Infinite guitars, on the other hand, lets him concentrate on guitar skill rather than getting the proper axe.

It also reduces the pressure on his job (he took extra hours once he impulse-bought an 8-string) and can make him really look forward to playing them. Win-win-win, basically.

I keep thinking of the "We need guns, lots of guns" scene in The Matrix,

But with racks of guitars.

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues

All I'm saying is that Marten, when facing the possibility that he lives in simulated world, indeed is a simulation himself, only wants infinite guitars.

A universe, basically without consequence, where he could do anything should the cheat code exist. So the amount of challenge, job stress reduction, anything at all, is basically arbitrary.

But all it takes to make Marten happy is all the guitars he could ask for.

That's pretty much all you need to know to understand Marten Reed.

Svennerson

• Not quite a lurker
  • Because I can.

And also 1081.
If we look, deep, deep inside ourselves, we'll see a bit of Pintsize <3

Endellion

• Obscure cultural reference
  • I pun, therefore I am

All I'm saying is that Marten, when facing the possibility that he lives in simulated world, indeed is a simulation himself, only wants infinite guitars.

A universe, basically without consequence, where he could do anything should the cheat code exist. So the amount of challenge, job stress reduction, anything at all, is basically arbitrary.

But all it takes to make Marten happy is all the guitars he could ask for.

That's pretty much all you need to know to understand Marten Reed.

What about his harem of intelligent sexy ladies whom he has absolutely no chance with?

(...yeah probably not very applicable after this last QC in-comic weekend because of  :claireface: but it's at least a secondary goal in life  :-P)
It's a good thing our relationship is based in anger because there's always more fucking kindling.

osaka

• Scrabble hacker

But that's not anything he's trying to attain via cheats, he's doing it the legitimate way.

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues

But that's not anything he's trying to attain via cheats, he's doing it the legitimate way.

Exactly my point. He doesn't want the infinite guitar skills cheat. He wants infinite guitars. He hasn't got a solid idea of what he wants, but he plans to get whatever it is on his own merits.

Svennerson

• Not quite a lurker
  • Because I can.

Comic's up.  Panel 2 I was all "this is gonna be a hella cute line" but then I was all like "GOD DAMN IT TAI XD"

NemoX

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Lonely nobody

Is it just me or the artwork on Claire is a little different today? specially on panel 2?
"Wit is educated insolence" - Aristotle

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues

At least Tai can breathe now.
Is it just me or the artwork on Claire is a little different today? specially on panel 2?
Nothing stands out to me.

Dalillama

• Furry furrier
  • Schmott Guy
    • LDOriginals: GLBT friendly costumes, sweets, and more

I know why tai could act like this but....she already knew of it so why the first impression squee? unless it still going from the day before lol
No, she knew that Faye had last seen them cuddling drunkenly on the couch, and that Marten was gone when Faye got up.  The rest was merely suspicion.
My husband makes cool clothes, costumes and candy. 10% off all candies and stuffed animals until Valentines.

Gladstone

• The Tickler

Meanwhile at the library. Marten is floating in the air, but did he not notice that may be Claire did not want to tell their coworkers? We never saw her go through those mighty library doors. I'm mildly worried about her sitting their alone waiting for the Ativan to kick in.

Despite my feelings about Monday's strip, I don't think her response is quite that serious.  Annoyed and a bit flustered, sure, but borderline-anxiety attack?  Seems unlikely.  Plus, I'm sure she would agree with Marten that Tai, at least, should know about the relationship, precisely for the reasons he voiced on Tuesday--which is why I'm a tiny bit bothered that they didn't broach the subject to her together (and making Tai go doubly-catatonic).  But I've probably fired my headcannon on these forums enough this week.

Comment rescinded, fears allayed.  Now I'm just wondering why Tai isn't using the intercom and/or a bullhorn.
You have not experienced Questionable Content until you have read it in the original Klingon.

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos

Is it wrong to have wanted the sappy sweet 'A blind person could see that I'm nuts about you.'
Quote from: Tywin Lannister
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

Svennerson

• Not quite a lurker
  • Because I can.

Is it wrong to have wanted the sappy sweet 'A blind person could see that I'm nuts about you.'

No.  Not at all.

Aziraphale

• Duck attack survivor
  • Extra Medium
    • The First 10,000

How do you think she's different? Still looks the same from here.
May goldfish leave Lincoln Logs in your sock drawer.

McFace

• Plantmonster
  • Myes rather!

Subtle reminder in this one that Claire hasn't really been around that long and thus would not know how their social circle really operates.

Also I think it was a good time saving strip so that Jeph can avoid having Marten tell every other person that they are dating.

Half Empty Coffee Cup

• Psychopath in a hockey mask

I think many of us would have liked to have that, but Tai going nuts over the phone - and that being predictable - is hilarious.
Mistakes, ahoy!

NemoX

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Lonely nobody

I dunno. Maybe it's the angle or shading, but seems to jump off the page a bit more today to me for some reason....maybe I'm just tired?
"Wit is educated insolence" - Aristotle

Aziraphale

• Duck attack survivor
  • Extra Medium
    • The First 10,000

I dunno. Maybe it's the angle or shading, but seems to jump off the page a bit more today to me for some reason....maybe I'm just tired?

I compared today's strip to Monday's. The shading looks about the same. I think it might be the fact that she's against a darker background than she was in the house strips and the library (both of which had her against that pale blue background Jeph seems to gravitate toward). Today she's in the library, so maybe she's just more contrast-y?
May goldfish leave Lincoln Logs in your sock drawer.

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues

That might have been a bit over done for, "let's see where this takes us." I don't think we're quite in love territory just yet.

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos

That might have been a bit over done for, "let's see where this takes us." I don't think we're quite in love territory just yet.

I really want that reasonable number of babies.

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues

That's not physically possible. 1) the technology isn't complete. 2) Jeph has a strict "no babies" policy.

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos

That's not physically possible. 1) the technology isn't complete. 2) Jeph has a strict "no babies" policy.

http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2240

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns

Marten seems happier about this than Claire is. Understandable but worrisome.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues

That's not Claire's "unhappy" face. That's Claire's "genuine surprise" face. I don't think she's either upset or really interested in keeping it a secret. I think she just wants to know who knows and who doesn't. I suspect she wasn't expecting the answer to be We'll find out in three, two..."

Natswash

• Furry furrier
  • I'm a leaf on the wind...

Marten seems on top of everything right now. Like Chessmaster style, it's kinda cool kinda worrisome
"Accurate" and "orbital bombardment" do not fit in the same sentence.

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • *Crunch* *Crunch* *Crunch*

Last panel she's just surprised. Look in the 3rd panel is probably just confusion, maybe a unwarranted 'Y-you don't want to tell anybody about me?'

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage
James The Kugai 

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos

TNN

ohmygosh James Earl Jones HAS to record the promo.

Kugai

• Awakened
    • My Homepage

Or Michael Dorn, who I've always considered a younger sounding James Earl Jones.
James The Kugai 

Gladstone

• The Tickler

Last panel she's just surprised. Look in the 3rd panel is probably just confusion, maybe a unwarranted 'Y-you don't want to tell anybody about me?'

Oh god, please don't give her wibbly eyes, I don't think my heart could take it.

TNN

Am confuzd, plz explain?
You have not experienced Questionable Content until you have read it in the original Klingon.

HiFranc

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • On a night out, October 2013
    • My LiveJournal page

If we assume each "Ding" is a different person then we have:

Dora
Faye
Hanners

I'm trying to work out who the other 3 are.
Francisco

Lubricus

• Beyoncé

Other possibilites:
Marigold
Emily
Gabby
Steve
Cosette
Penelope (probably not)
What do you know about Pokémon?

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues

Steve
Cosette
Emily
Marigold

Am confuzd, plz explain?

CNN

Storel

• Bling blang blong blung

I was confused about what TNN stood for, but I eventually decided it must be the Tai News Network.

Krald

• Emoticontraindication
  • Thinking Machine

Martin's face looks more like "im just accepting this with tai" then happy about it. Not that i blame him its not really her business to go and tell absolutely everyone he knows the moment he walks away.

mvdwege

• Plantmonster

Morally? No. Factually? Maybe.

Marten is not given to much outward display of emotion. He has been slightly friendlier to Claire than to the other interns, but to say that that made his attraction obvious? I didn't see it, at least.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!

So... I'm thinking that Tai is sort of "gossip hub" for Marten's social circle. Tell her and you're told everyone!

Dora
Faye
Hanners

Additionally, they have to all be in Marten's contact list too, or he wouldn't get the alert. Hmmm... I'm thinking:
  • Emily
  • Steve
  • Cossette
  • Marigold
Tai met Steve and Cossette at the lake party, so she probably know they're Marten's friends too. We haven't seen Emily yet, so it may be her day off. Tai knows that Emily regards Claire as her best friend, so she has a 'need to know'.

Marten seems happier about this than Claire is. Understandable but worrisome.

I don't think Claire has ever experienced such a large and close social 'family' before. Having all these people in her life and interested in her life is going to be a new experience for her. Maybe a bit overwhelming at first but I think she'll get used to it. The first 'we are sistahs' night with the girls will be the real Eye-opener!

Regarding Claire looking different, I've expected this. Simply knowing that she's desirable to someone has changed her mental body iimage; she's carrying herself more confidently.
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2014, 00:58 by BenRG »
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues

Nobody saw it. Faye would have said something to Marten. Probably something crass.

Emperor Norton

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico

Dora
Faye
Hanners

Not Hanners. Marten already told her earlier, so she has no reason to do the "omg text" reaction, since she already did it. http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2819

Also, we don't have to assume they were all contacted directly by Tai. For instance, you could have a situation like:

Tai messages Dora, Emily, and Marigold. Dora tells Faye at work. Cosette is also working and hears the conversation, so messages Steve. Marigold tells Angus. While picking up coffee, Jim hears about it, because the baristas are all talking about it, and messages Veronica. Emily tells a random stranger who is very confused.
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2014, 02:11 by Emperor Norton »

Half Empty Coffee Cup

• Psychopath in a hockey mask

Dora
Faye
Hanners

... Tai messages Dora, Emily, and Marigold. Dora tells Faye at work. Cosette is also working and hears the conversation, so messages Steve. Marigold tells Angus. While picking up coffee, Jim hears about it, because the baristas are all talking about it, and messages Veronica. Emily tells a random stranger who is very confused.
I keep forgetting Veronica Reed is in Northampton. Now there's some potential for fun times.
Mistakes, ahoy!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up