Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 09 Apr 2020, 08:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Tales of snobbery  (Read 27796 times)

nickyandthefuture

• Curry sauce
    • http://www.bigorangecrayon.com
Tales of snobbery
« on: 19 Dec 2004, 20:39 »

So the subheading of this forum reminded me of something.  Normally I try to be accepting of all sorts of musical tastes, but sometimes my inner indie snob peeks out and laughs at someone's Guster badge.  I'm sure some of you are the same way, or at least have witnessed such acts, which is the point of this post: what's your best snob incident?

I'll tell mine, which happened earlier this year and was entirely accidental, I swear.  I was hanging out in the grad student lounge grading papers and one of the other students came in and we talked a little about music.  She said, "I have a new favorite song today!"

I asked what it was and she said, "Well, it's by Phish... have you heard of them?"

At this point, what I had meant to be my honest-yet-understanding response somehow came out as "I shall not speak of my distaste for jam bands"...

The conversation sort of died off after that.  I'm a big jerk.

Anyway: hipsters, confess!
Blue or plain?
Sometimes orange.

hoopyfroodcat

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #1 on: 19 Dec 2004, 20:53 »

I was at this party last year when a guy with a Taking Back Sunday shirt noticed my anti-emo shirt and made some sort of deprecating comment about it.  In turn, I made a devastatingly witty remark about his choice of clothing.  Then he said, "Oh yeah, well what do you listen to then?"  Our conversation devolved into a record company name-dropping contest, like so:

ME: "Well, most of the bands I listen to are on indie labels, so you might not of heard of them."
HIM: "Like what?"
ME: "Um..." (shit, I can't back that up, can I?) *name-dropping commence*
HIM: Yeah, well I listen mostly to bands on Drive-Thru records. Have you heard of them?
ME: *beverage comes foaming through my nose*

It's not one of my prouder moments.

Mercurial

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #2 on: 19 Dec 2004, 21:43 »

haha...  excellent stories.  

I probably hand out too many oppinions, but I always qualify them first.  I also reserve the right to dislike jam bands by merit of having lived in Vermont for four years.  

A friend and I were actually been trying to find out the guilty pleasures of our hip indie-rock Insound coworkers the other day.  I could usually win their trust by admitting that I liked showtunes a lot as a kid, and still enjoy celtic singer Loreena McKennit, and mid-90s bigbeat.

My findings back up findings from here a while back, namely: when pressed, everyone likes Everclear and System of a Down.  Lots of closet Alkaline Trio fans too.

BetterCompany

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #3 on: 19 Dec 2004, 22:00 »

i actually had a friend who was really into dashboard confessional and knew everything about them. but about a year later he started acting like he knew a lot about post hardcore bands. I myself dont know much about that world, but my other friends would tell me that he would always make up song names and say they were rare. and then they would ask him if he knew so and so and he would be like yeah!! i totally love their cd! and they would tell them that they made the name up. and also he would be like take me home so i can get my favorite cd and then be unwrapping it as he was comming out to the car. he was soo full of shit.

i just really really hate people who just listen to bands cuz everyone else is. just listen to music that you like not what everyone else likes! you'll soon end up looking like a dumb shit.

emudoug

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #4 on: 20 Dec 2004, 01:52 »

i like jam bands a lot, personally.
as for snobbery, i have a habit of skoffing at anyone who likes nu-metal or fake-punk, or pretty much anything that's been on the radio since 1996.

devils_daughter

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #5 on: 20 Dec 2004, 05:14 »

I have no idea what music is frowned upon by people so I don't tend to judge that much, having said that I find it hard to accept people still listen to Westlife.

Mercurial

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #6 on: 20 Dec 2004, 05:26 »

I especially try to be receptive to whatever my friends are listening to, but I draw the line at Josh Grobin.

edit:  I get the impression that Josh Grobin is really popular, actually.  Which baffles me a bit, but if I've insulted you, don't worry - you're in good company with my Grobin enjoying friends who have pretty well-balance music tastes, in truth...  (The first comment was meant to be funny, not actually snobby)

TrueNeutral

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #7 on: 20 Dec 2004, 11:48 »

Basically the only thing that I've ever acted snobbish about is my distaste for rap.

Because I in fact listen to pretty much everything, from nu-metal to indie-pop to classical.

Hector Gilbert

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #8 on: 20 Dec 2004, 11:53 »

To the best of my knowledge, the height of all snobbery can be found here: http://www.livejournal.com/community/fuckyoucrew/

These guys disgust me.  They're so utterly horrible that it makes me feel a lot better in the music communities where I presently reside.

ForteBass

• Asleep in the boner patch
Tales of snobbery
« Reply #9 on: 20 Dec 2004, 12:46 »

Aren't they the group of people who go to shows to beat up people who... aren't them?

As far as my snobbery goes:

Me: Hey,what are you listening to?
Ryan: Story of the Year. It's good shit
Me:... You emo fuck hat. Listen to something good.
Ryan: Dude, they are good!
Me: There's nothing good about the line "The Stars will cry the blackest tears tonight!" *walks away*
Quote from: Eris
Man, Friday night and I'm drawing tacos to post on the internet. I need another drink.

happybirthdaygelatin

• Bling blang blong blung
Tales of snobbery
« Reply #10 on: 20 Dec 2004, 13:47 »

aren't people who beat up people at shows who aren't them bigots?  or hardcore straightedgers who listen to earthcrisis?

i'm pretty open minded about what i listen to.  i like old hair metal, gwar and the song freebird in a non-ironic fashion.  i also like rap and real country.

that is actually one of my snobish things.  anything that just about anyone considers country as far as modern country is really crappy rock and roll.

oh and i can't hold back but i completly rip on my mom for watching american idol.

swordskill

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #11 on: 20 Dec 2004, 19:11 »

Quote from: hoopyfroodcat
ME: "Well, most of the bands I listen to are on indie labels, so you might not of heard of them."
HIM: "Like what?"
ME: "Um..." (shit, I can't back that up, can I?) *name-dropping commence*
HIM: Yeah, well I listen mostly to bands on Drive-Thru records. Have you heard of them?
ME: *beverage comes foaming through my nose*

BWAHAHHAHAHAH thats awesome.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
Tales of snobbery
« Reply #12 on: 20 Dec 2004, 19:53 »

I started laughing when someone told me their favorite band was "Deep Enough to Die". I said I hoped that their music is better than the name, so he said "They are really good, actually, and I just so happen to love the name!" so I listened and then went on a detailed rant as to how shit they are.

Then at a local show a band started playing a song whose lyrics were something like "Ooooh whyyyyyyyy doesn't anyoneeee understaaaaand?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!" so I started laughing, and a hipster boy next to me grinned and started a conversation, and after a while said "Yeah, these guys must play a lot of frats, huh?"

And I once got into an argument with a record store employee (he was really stupid) about what Cursive sounds like. He insisted that it was emo, so I chronicled the history of it for him. Rites of Spring, Saetia, etc.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

czar0406

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #13 on: 20 Dec 2004, 20:40 »

Gerry(Kid i work with at Golf Course): Wanna know what would be a radical idea.
Me: What?
Gerry: if some band combined Rap and Emo
Me: ...
Gerry: ...what?
Me: ...that would be a horrible idea.
Gerry: your just not open minded
Me: your just too impressionable.

he's a good kid, he means well.

Rhomboid

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #14 on: 20 Dec 2004, 21:22 »

I would be less of a snob but there are just so many people who have such terrible taste in music.

Okay so I was in school right? And im listening to like RHCP or maybe it Ugly Cassanova or something and then my frined was like "Dude, do you have any Linkin Park? They're good." I then started calling him a fuckhead for quite a while. I geuss I'm not really that offended by people who listen to bad music, I'm more offended by somebody thinking I myself would listen to shit. And then there is another time when this really stupid girl wanted me to turn up this terribly bad rap music because she was across the room from the stereo and I politely told her "Im really sorry but I don't like bad music."

Thal

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #15 on: 21 Dec 2004, 07:40 »

Me and my father are very much against rap/hip-hop music and since my best friend listens to pretty much only that now (he used to have better taste) we taunt him pretty much all the time for it. telling him why its bad etc.

We cant help that he listens to shit music :P

Spencer

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #16 on: 21 Dec 2004, 09:01 »

I make a point to be as snobby as possible, to the point of parody.

I unabashedly, unrepentedly, and unapologetically loathe Jam Band music, and really for no good reason, as they tend to be amazing musicians. My question is this - How is it that such amazing musicians make such shitty music?

I've got this really bad habit of checking out bands that my scene kid friends name drop, listening to their album a few times and *really* dig it, and talk them up for about week, and then get sick of the album and realize how bad it really is, and then pretend I'm better than people who still listen to them by saying things like "Their neo-post-heartcore aspirations are so cliche". Examples - Boys Night Out, On The Might Of Princes, From Autumn To Ashes

I will try and make white people who do not like Atmosphere or Sage Francis feel guilty by insinuating that they are not Socially Conscious and pretty much just hate good music. This does not work on Black People, and since I dont listen to Mos Def or Talib Kwali, I do not try and use this tactic on them.

If I feel like someone is overly impressionable and want to hard to be cool, I will talk up a really shitty band, and then when they start lsitening to them and getting into them, i will laugh at them for liking shitty music.

I love pop music. Brittany, Justin, N-Sync? Yes please.

I'm a bad person :)

anotherepiphany

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #17 on: 21 Dec 2004, 09:07 »

Quote from: Spencer

Maybe not but you have very bad karma. I'd be extremely careful and watch out for an even bigger scenester snobs trying to mock or trick you.

Spencer

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #18 on: 21 Dec 2004, 09:17 »

Quote from: anotherepiphany
Quote from: Spencer

Maybe not but you have very bad karma. I'd be extremely careful and watch out for an even bigger scenester snobs trying to mock or trick you.

Oh, I know my place on the indie food chain. Well above the emocore kids, but far below the monstro-obscuro indie folk. Im very easily out-obscured and out-indied, and generally know to play up to the monstro-obscuro indie types ego by not playing the name dropping game, but indulging them to educate me about what they think is hip.

You gotta be sly like a fox in the music snob game.

*edit* Heh, my friend just saw this thread.
[09:20] <spnk> spence: you left out the upbuilding-and-awakening aspects of your evil plotting.
[09:20] <spnk> you make people better by making them feel/look like assholes =D
[09:21] <spnk> WE GROW BECAUSE OF YOUR ABUSE =D

anotherepiphany

« Reply #19 on: 21 Dec 2004, 09:22 »

When you are able to fake holding your own against  the "monstro-obscuro indie types" it is rather fun. You feel kind of like a Jewish spy in the Nazi Gestapo. You know, except for the fear of death and everything.

PandaOnFire

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #20 on: 21 Dec 2004, 09:40 »

I can't count how many times I've been told that I'm going to hell for listening to metal. Oi, oh well.

Snobbery, eh? As far as that goes is making fun of Slipknot and Cradle of Filth fans. Heavy Metal my ass....

Hm, I have one example of when I was talking to my friend Melissa whom I had just met.

Me:What kinda music are ya' into?
Her:Metal, mostly death. **** yeah!
Me:Yeah? What bands?
Her: Umm, Cradle of Filth, Mushroom Head, and Cannibal Corpse
Me: So you only listen to one DM band, and a horrible one at that?
Her:What the hell are you talking about!?
Me: Those bands are about as metal as my dog in the bathtub.
Her: **** you, I like dogs.
Me: The Dog's name is Flumphy
Her: ****

ForteBass

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #21 on: 21 Dec 2004, 09:52 »

PHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!! Now that is a great tale. ^5!
Man, Friday night and I'm drawing tacos to post on the internet. I need another drink.

PandaOnFire

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #22 on: 21 Dec 2004, 10:17 »

We're pretty good friends now though, but I still make fun of her for shoping exclusively at hot topic and listening to bad music.

mookers

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #23 on: 21 Dec 2004, 12:03 »

my mainstream linkin park-and-rap friends get all snobby on me when i start talking about mclusky or the pixies or pavement or general indie, anything they haven't heard of. i am very weak-willed.

me: you like nirvana right? fuck, kurt cobain said himself their songs sound like pixies songs. check them out. serious.
them: ..pixies? ....are they gay or something?
me: ....*weep.*

happybirthdaygelatin

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #24 on: 21 Dec 2004, 12:20 »

yeah, i remember when he said in an interview that smells like teen spirit was pretty much a pixies ripoff.

Hector Gilbert

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #25 on: 21 Dec 2004, 12:22 »

Am I the only person who doesn't think that Nirvana songs are all that much like Pixies songs?  I never thought that Black Francis ever sounded nearly as self-indulgent as Cobain.

happybirthdaygelatin

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #26 on: 21 Dec 2004, 12:29 »

well i agree they sound quite a bit different the verse chorus verse structure is i think what most people refer to.  kind of along the lines similar to the country and blues influence on rock and roll

ForteBass

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #27 on: 21 Dec 2004, 12:31 »

well the blues influence is something I understand. Blues influenced country as well. As well as Jazz. And Blues came from Gospel. (damn music majors)

happybirthdaygelatin

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #28 on: 21 Dec 2004, 12:36 »

yeah alot of people are too quick to dismiss the influence of gospel.  

i'm a huge fan of monistary style chants. (i took several music appreciation classes in high school but went with my mom to a few of her music classes in college when i was little)

Wysiwyg

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #29 on: 21 Dec 2004, 14:57 »

I had one today, and i was not subtle. A coworker there started to play one of those bad brazilian singers which i don´t even dare to say the name. The freaking vocals cut trough the chords of Elliot Smith, the CD i was listening to at the moment, and i immediately said

-Dear Mother of God, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

- It´s (name of the freaking guy)

- Please, have some musical taste before showing that to other people. Anything. Because you should never had listened to music before to like this crap!

Since everyone knows i´m a snobbish guy (they say i´m "cool" and "alternative") they just laugh and lowered the sound...

synecdoche

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #30 on: 21 Dec 2004, 22:05 »

I told a friend of mine that I wouldn't listen to the new Green Day album because I found them "pedestrian."  :)

I also make fun of the same guy repeatedly for his tastes-- he tends to like the nu-metail stuff that I don't enjoy much at all.

I really have nothing against Green Day, but it is fun to be snobby at times.

emudoug

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #31 on: 22 Dec 2004, 00:37 »

haha, this thread reminds me of a fun story.
so i was walking to class w/ my friend and she's like "you have weird taste in music" and from behind us some guy was like "no way, he's got awesome taste in music" it took me a while to figure out that he lived next door to me. ^.^

honest_that_way

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #32 on: 22 Dec 2004, 06:20 »

I threw a Keane CD at someone's head a couple of months ago and gave them a little cut followed by, 'if you ever make me listen to that, I will do the same to your baby producers'

Spencer

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #33 on: 22 Dec 2004, 08:23 »

Quote from: honest_that_way
I threw a Keane CD at someone's head a couple of months ago and gave them a little cut followed by, 'if you ever make me listen to that, I will do the same to your baby producers'

That was the *BEST STORY EVER*

My friend up in Washington is all excited about seeing Keane at some xmas concert. I had never heard of them, but they are playing with Modest Mouse, The Killers, and Franz, so I think "Shit, theseguys can't totally suck". So I have her send me the album.

And I actually listened to a good 15 minutes of it.

I then deleted the album and told her that she has almost just permanently ruined our friendship.

I want my 15 minutes back.

church

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #34 on: 22 Dec 2004, 11:57 »

I never try and sound pretentious but I must admit at times it does come out that way.

Conversations usually go something like this, even with people who know quite a lot about music.

After getting out of a show.

Friend: Oh, I saw this video on Much Music for Iron & Wine. It was really good. You should check them out, you might like them.

Me: Yeah, ok. I heard Iron & Wine's The Creek Drank the Cradle over a year ago.

Friend: Oh.

Me: You know, if you like Iron & Wine you should check out Bonnie Prince Billy. Will Oldham is all over the place, I See a Darkness is brilliant. He did that whole Palace, Palace Brothers thing. You've heard of that right?

Friend: Ummm. No.

Me: Oh.

Friend: Oh! I also saw a video for the Postal Service. Have you heard of them? I really really like them.

Me: Yeah, I heard their album a while back ago. It's neat how they put the album together. You know they based their name on the fact that they would each record their parts individually and then mail it to each other right?

Friend: Um, no. I didn't know that.

Me: Oh. Well the albums is ok. Not anything special though. Really neat concept though.

Friend: I really like it though.

Me: Well that's ok. We all have different taste in music.

Friend: You don't have to be such an asshole.

Me: What?!

signature

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #35 on: 22 Dec 2004, 12:09 »

i work at a record store and hate people

so...

3Z3VH

• FIGHT YOU
  • WoSaT
    • http://www.everlan.net
Tales of snobbery
« Reply #36 on: 22 Dec 2004, 12:12 »

Quote from: signature

so...

If you have not seen High Fidelity I will have to get stabby.
With every small decision: if you change a heart, you change the world.

signature

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #37 on: 22 Dec 2004, 12:19 »

Quote from: 3Z3VH

so...

If you have not seen High Fidelity I will have to get stabby.

oh, i've seen it.

it's actually pretty depressing to watch because i'm always like "oh check out that UI LP in the background, oh cool Rob has a Pavement handbill framed on his wall, AWESOME"

that said I can't really identify with anyone in the movie. The book, on the other hand...

nickyandthefuture

• Curry sauce
    • http://www.bigorangecrayon.com
Tales of snobbery
« Reply #38 on: 22 Dec 2004, 12:44 »

I can't really identify with anyone in the movie. The book, on the other hand...

Now here's something snobbish we can do!
Most of the characters are pretty much the same from the book to the movie.  But yeah, I think Rob got dumbed down quite a bit.  Or maybe you mean the bum that he throws out of the store every day...  I don't know why he disappeared.  I was disappointed when he wasn't in the movie, for some reason.  They left out the lady selling her asshole ex-husband's music collection, too.  I thought the whole "I don't know why I identified with the guy" thing was pretty central to Rob's character, although I swear I've seen that same story in lots of other things, so maybe that's why it wasn't in the movie...  I don't think John Cusack was a very good choice for Rob, but I was relieved when I heard that he got the role because there were rumors that it was going to be Leonardo DiCaprio...

Most of my other indie snob stories aren't interesting, and simply involve me saying "meh."
Blue or plain?
Sometimes orange.

3Z3VH

• FIGHT YOU
  • WoSaT
    • http://www.everlan.net
Tales of snobbery
« Reply #39 on: 22 Dec 2004, 13:04 »

Quote from: nickyandthefuture
...They left out the lady selling her asshole ex-husband's music collection, too.  ...

Actually it just hit the cutting room floor due to time restrictions.  It is on the DVD Deleted Scenes.

And I thought John Cusack was a perfect fit for the role, as was Todd Louiso, for the role of Dick.
With every small decision: if you change a heart, you change the world.

CammyKnoxville

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #40 on: 22 Dec 2004, 16:47 »

Rhomboid

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #41 on: 22 Dec 2004, 20:44 »

Quote from: mookers
my mainstream linkin park-and-rap friends get all snobby on me when i start talking about mclusky or the pixies or pavement or general indie, anything they haven't heard of. i am very weak-willed.

me: you like nirvana right? fuck, kurt cobain said himself their songs sound like pixies songs. check them out. serious.

I can relate to that dude, one of my friends was looking through my backpack (I think that he is a kleptomaniac) and found Pixies- Wave of Mutilation. and he was like "Pixies? HEy do you mind if I throw out your gay hippie music?" I mean come on, the name of the CD is Wave of fucking Mutilation.

But I have this strategy see, by slowly making them listen to music that has simliar sounds. What I've done to my main subject is gone from having him listen to rap and techno to Ratatat which is like technotronic rock and then from there went to RHCP which is like mainstream rock, eventually he will strike me down and his journey to the light side will be complete.

happybirthdaygelatin

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #42 on: 23 Dec 2004, 09:31 »

if they like RHCP play Mr. Bungle for them.

freestyle trombonist

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #43 on: 23 Dec 2004, 10:14 »

i don't think any of my own snobby stories are funny.. just stupid.  but i can tell a tale of a stupid record store employee...

my friend steph asked him what he thought of the new radiohead album.  he proceeds to rip on everyone who likes radiohead NOW, and asks (this is a fairly close quote) "where were all the fans back during pablo honey and the bends?"   i was sort of struck dumb.  by how dumb he was.  um.. maybe the people hadn't heard of them?  maybe radiohead didn't have as much exposure?  maybe they had a completely different sound, that didn't necessarily make people sit up and take notice of them at the time?  is that ok with you, mister record store employee?  or should i inform all the radiohead fans who didn't buy ok computer on it's release day that they are fired?

Tinjessla

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #44 on: 23 Dec 2004, 10:38 »

Ugh. What an idiot. That sort of thing makes me try to avoid any musical snobishness of any kind. Although sometimes it's just plain unavoidable...

*cough*avril*cough*

Merciless snobbery occurs whenether my friends even whisper her name. The same goes for any British* boy band. No exceptions.

*Specified as it's proven all British boy bands are shite.

Mercurial

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #45 on: 23 Dec 2004, 12:14 »

Mm...  High Fidelity. I like both book and movie near equally despite omissions.  And yeah, I do identify with it... for years, I was the only one of my friends to get all the music and movie references.  The casting seemed fine to me as well.  Of course, I saw the movie first, so I had no prior mental image.

mookers

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #46 on: 24 Dec 2004, 12:23 »

Quote from: Rhomboid
Quote from: mookers

I can relate to that dude, one of my friends was looking through my backpack (I think that he is a kleptomaniac) and found Pixies- Wave of Mutilation. and he was like "Pixies? HEy do you mind if I throw out your gay hippie music?" I mean come on, the name of the CD is Wave of fucking Mutilation.

But I have this strategy see, by slowly making them listen to music that has simliar sounds. What I've done to my main subject is gone from having him listen to rap and techno to Ratatat which is like technotronic rock and then from there went to RHCP which is like mainstream rock, eventually he will strike me down and his journey to the light side will be complete.

wow. you really think this out. me, i was just all "hey, listen to this song. it's a band called mclusky." they're all "i've never even heard of this. it's shit." and i'm all "whaaaaaaaaat." there is no arguing with that. it's cultural retardation.

think i might try that strategy. but it might call for more forward planning than i am capable of.

jaffy

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #47 on: 24 Dec 2004, 16:35 »

Quote from: Mercurial
I especially try to be receptive to whatever my friends are listening to, but I draw the line at Josh Grobin.

edit:  I get the impression that Josh Grobin is really popular, actually.  Which baffles me a bit, but if I've insulted you, don't worry - you're in good company with my Grobin enjoying friends who have pretty well-balance music tastes, in truth...  (The first comment was meant to be funny, not actually snobby)

I really really hate Grobin too, he is a terrible songwriter and his songs just kind of make me sick- but he is an amazing vocalist.  I don't even know how his falsetto is like that.......

Ernest

• Duck attack survivor
  • Buy my book!
Tales of snobbery
« Reply #48 on: 03 Jan 2005, 18:09 »

I am not a hipster snob.  I am open to indie music, and like a lot of it, but I don't go out and get into the scene and buy the albums mainly because I don't like the attitude of the hipster snobs.  I find that the best way to deal with indie pretentiousness is just to not give a shit about trying to be hip.  If someone gets onto me about how their music is so much better and deeper than my music I'll just puke on their face and yell "Pennywise kicks your ass!  Wooo!"  I've already picked out my music, and I don't need your damn indie snob shit.  Not saying I hate you guys, cause I don't, but hipster snobbishness needs to fucking end.  The music's great, it's just that the attitude that sucks.  I mean, the indie scene will be cool for awhile, but ten years from now most people will hate it (just like the punk scene) and there will be a new scene (probably some Metallica-influenced rehash bands or something).
Where I come from, we usually just shorten that to "yee-haw!"

fin

Tales of snobbery
« Reply #49 on: 03 Jan 2005, 18:43 »

I mercilessly mocked keane from the moment my flatmate got an advance copy of whatever their first single was through the door till ten minutes before commented that a song on tv was "nae bad". My freind took great pleasure i telling me it was the band i had been taking the piss out of ten minutes ago. :/
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up