THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 16:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Total War: ATTILA  (Read 5348 times)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
Total War: ATTILA
« on: 24 Nov 2014, 19:55 »

As a total war enthusiast, how did this dodge my radar?!  Its a new stand along game, not a x-pac to Rome (from what I can tell).  It supposedly will release February.

Its to ignite the dark ages in a new period that Total war hasnt really touched on much. There was the original Rome Total War x-pac with Attila but I am hoping this will bridge the dark ages and stretch from 400 AD to 1100AD.  We shall see.  Also I know they put a ton of new stuff in Rome 2 but I hope they fix/take out a few things.  Like the Dynasty system and the objective markers.  Again we shall see.

http://www.totalwar.com/attila
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • I'm unique, just like everybody else
Re: Total War: ATTILA
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2014, 21:42 »

With the Huns; Barbarian Invasion was pretty bad. I want to play Rome 2, but don't have the money and I'm skeptical because shogun was a huge disappointment for me. I liked Rome 1 and Medieval 2 a lot and still play both frequently (I always get bored once I take over 30 territories or so, though, and start a new one) and have played empire which was okay, I just didn't like the battles (I like swords and shit, what can I say?). The add-ons for the games were always kind of disappointing, though I've only played Kingdoms, Alexander and Barbarian Invasion (which still makes me upset by how bad it was).

How does Rome 2 compare to the original?
"There's a lesson in everything if you're dumb enough"

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #2 on: 26 Nov 2014, 09:20 »

My body is ready! For the Horde!
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.

RedWolf4

• Duck attack survivor
  • Stop that.
« Reply #3 on: 27 Nov 2014, 23:36 »

You don't get to be the Huns in campaign apparently, you just get to feel the wrath of their blades after they burn a swath of bloody apocalypse right through the known world to you.

Feck me but I want that so bad.
Winner and reigning champion of the award for 'Best Nigh-Constant Look of Disgust and Bewilderment 2018, 2020 and 2020 Endurance Round Part 2'.

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • I'm unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #4 on: 27 Nov 2014, 23:43 »

FYI: Rome 2 is on sale for steam
"There's a lesson in everything if you're dumb enough"

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #5 on: 28 Nov 2014, 03:49 »

You don't get to be the Huns in campaign apparently,
Actually it leaked about a day or so ago that the Huns will be the 10th and final playable faction, though CA hasn't posted it yet.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

GarandMarine

• Awakened
  • Kawaii in the streets, Senpai in the sheets
« Reply #6 on: 28 Nov 2014, 10:27 »

That would be total bullshit if you couldn't be the Huns. Also I want a Total War: IlKhan now.
I built the walls that make my life a prison, I built them all and cannot be forgiven... ...Sold my soul to carry your vendetta, So let me go before you can regret it, You've made your choice and now it's come to this, But that's price you pay when you're a monster with no name.
Pages: [1]   Go Up