THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Mar 2024, 03:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Afterwards... - an Evangelion fanfic  (Read 8125 times)

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
Afterwards... - an Evangelion fanfic
« on: 28 May 2014, 05:33 »

I've never written any fiction (loads of manuals and reports, yes, but not fiction, even at school).  It may be rather late to start.  But yesterday when walking the dogs, I had this persistent idea, and when I got home, I tried writing it down.  It's just an opening fragment, and I don't know if I will be able to continue it (I have some thoughts, but need to walk the dogs again); but I'll let you look at it. 

It follows directly on from the end of the film Evangelion 3.33 'Q', so if you haven't seen that yet, it will mean nothing to you.

(click to show/hide)

The idea of the horses comes from the storyboards in the background of Shirou Sagisu's Petit film.  As I said, I don't know if I will have enough inspiration to continue - we shall see.

There is now a consolidated version on my website; this is and will remain the most up-to-date version.
« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2014, 05:49 by pwhodges »
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
Re: Afterwards... - an Evangelion fanfic
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jun 2014, 04:49 »

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jun 2014, 15:37 »

There will be a scene 4, but it's part of a different arc, and this scene demanded to be written straight away.  I found writing direct speech hard, because it wanted to come out in my Oxford accent; and my attempt at an undefined dialect, as Touji really requires, feels rather forced to me.  It is, of course, an argument with Asuka; but there's no need for you to see her words, as it's plain enough what she's saying.

(click to show/hide)

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2014, 15:10 »

(click to show/hide)

The by turns fragmented and manic style of Shinji's speech is deliberate, of course.  There's also stuff that we know and he doesn't, which means that he might say things you don't quite expect.  As in previous sections, it rewrote itself when I tried to commit it to paper, but I think pretty much everything I intended is there in some form.  I don't know how long these conversations were spread over - perhaps a couple of weeks?

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2014, 05:24 »

This is nearing its dramatic denouement, now having 21 out of 25 scenes in place - and the next couple will be action-packed.

You can read it at fanfiction.net, or all on one page here (with planned future chapter headings).  Detailed discussions of each scene are on another forum here.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #5 on: 17 Dec 2014, 08:21 »

Now finished.  Here's a PDF of the whole thing; it prints nicely as a 64-page booklet if you have access to a suitable printer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up