THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 08:34
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT December 15-19, 2014 (2855-2859)  (Read 54344 times)

Estron

• Emoticontraindication
  • Old-fart QC aficionado
Re: WCDT December 15-19, 2014 (2855-2859)
« Reply #350 on: 19 Dec 2014, 15:50 »

I have read the best expression over in the DoA comments:

"Ship sunk by canon fire."

ZoeB

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • -
« Reply #351 on: 19 Dec 2014, 17:09 »

Oh nos, down in history :(

+1 for getting it so quickly. I wasn't expecting such a swift reply.  (APPLAUSE)
Akima wrote thus : " Besides which, forgiving other people is something you do for yourself, not for them. "

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos
« Reply #352 on: 19 Dec 2014, 18:11 »

Just lucky timing. My email beeped to tell me I had a PM and that brought me to the forum right around when you posted.
Quote from: Tywin Lannister
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

Storel

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #353 on: 20 Dec 2014, 09:58 »

I honestly don't see either of them as being problematically nasty towards the other. Just seems like normal siblings, especially ones that haven't lived apart for a significant period of time. I don't know if Clinton lives at home still, but even if he doesn't, he would have only been out of the house at most like 3 years, and we know that Claire still lives at home (I'd bet that Clinton still lives at home as well). They've never moved to the point where they have enough personal space to experience not seeing each other every day. That is usually where you start seeing your sibling as less "annoying little bother".

Exactly. I'm beginning to think most of the people here have either never had siblings, or at least have never had a sibling relationship that wasn't totally dysfunctional. My twin sister and I were totally like Clinton and Claire when we were both still living at home. We got along much better the more distance there was between us. But even at our worst, we knew we could always count on the other to back us up against anyone else, and we always loved each other. (Even when sometimes we didn't LIKE each other much.)

I think people are blowing Claire's "nastiness" totally out of proportion. This is not a "sitcom" sibling relationship, this is a perfectly normal sibling relationship. We've seen moments of affection between them both. And yeah, sometimes it sounded kind of grudging, but that's how you talk to people you have a long-term, somewhat snarky, somewhat adversarial relationship with. You don't want to sound too "mushy" with your brother or sister, so you couch the affection as reluctant or grudging, but the other person can tell by your tone that there's' real affection underneath. And tone is the one thing Jeph can't show in a webcomic. Chill out, people.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up