THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 00:05
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Worst. Game. Ever.  (Read 38771 times)

LiterSize

• Curry sauce
Worst. Game. Ever.
« on: 20 Dec 2004, 18:20 »

Bruce Lee:  Quest of the Dragon.  That goes as far as games I've actually played though.  I will not (as a male) touch "The Guy Game" with a 10' pole.  

But yeah, the controls sucked, the AI of the enemies was horrible (anyone REALLY wants finer detail go right ahead) and.... yeah.  It sucked.

Any others?

nickyandthefuture

• Curry sauce
    • http://www.bigorangecrayon.com
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #1 on: 20 Dec 2004, 18:43 »

Master of Orion III.
It's like playing Quicken.
I think they designed this complex, detailed model of intergalactic civilization, and then said, "wow, that's a lot of stuff to keep track of!  We'd better put in some completely retarded auto management AI to control everything!  And for good measure, we'd better make it so that it's impossible to turn it off!"  As a result, there are thousands and thousands of decisions to make during every turn regarding every aspect of your empire.  Each one of these decisions will be summarily ignored by the game, which will do whatever the fuck it wants.  So I take that back, it's not like playing Quicken; it's like watching someone else play Quicken.
The first one is still pretty good, though.
Blue or plain?
Sometimes orange.

David

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #2 on: 20 Dec 2004, 22:53 »

To be fair, so is the second one.

I myself enjoyed MoO3, but hey that's just me.

Malphas

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #3 on: 21 Dec 2004, 01:36 »

There was a game I once played on SNES called Lester The Unlikely.  I played it when I was like 10, and to this day, it is still the worst game I've ever played.

Sionide

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Check out the AnthroPC Handbook
    • sionide.net
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #4 on: 21 Dec 2004, 03:36 »

i dunno.. something like Tetris for PS2?!? Why?!?!

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #5 on: 21 Dec 2004, 09:01 »

hey i got tetris for ps2 just mostly to try and get my mom to play video games when i visit her.  but in my opinion i felt incredibly disapointed with the xmen:  wolverines revenge game.  alot of wasted potential.  same with mafia.

oh man and the tenchu game return to darkness that was just the xbox port of wraith of heven.  not a bad game but it had little improvements and oh, i already owned wraith of heaven

emudoug

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #6 on: 22 Dec 2004, 01:45 »

worst game ever??
well, here are a few bad ones:

superman 64
-- you fly through rings, punch a guy, and then FLY THROUGH MORE RINGS. terrible.

sub zero mythologies
-- WORST CONTROLS EVER.

Hostile

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #7 on: 22 Dec 2004, 06:39 »

Splinter Cell. Nah, not really, but it IS bad. Fuck Sam Fisher. Never before has a game's plot been so COMPLETELY demotivating.

ForteBass

• Higher than Ol' Scratch
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #8 on: 22 Dec 2004, 09:43 »

Worst game ever... hmm... I'd have to say Army Men: Sarge's Heros. 3DO created a horrdily sluggish game with terrible controls on that one.
Quote from: Eris
Man, Friday night and I'm drawing tacos to post on the internet. I need another drink.

lb969

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #9 on: 22 Dec 2004, 10:14 »

HALO 2

What IDIOT said " LETS REMOVE THE HEALTH BAR!"

exliontamer

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #10 on: 22 Dec 2004, 11:07 »

I'm not even gonna comment on the guy above me because I'm sure someone who cares more will tell him what an idiot he is.

The worst game is Knights of the Old Republic, followed by KOTOR II.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #11 on: 22 Dec 2004, 11:24 »

eh, the health in halo and halo2 is far less important then your shield.

i'm not going to comment on the guy above me because i adore the KOTOR games.

starwars attack of the clones for gba is meh in the way that terminator vs robocob for SNES was.

Thal

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #12 on: 22 Dec 2004, 11:44 »

Quote from: exliontamer

May I ask why?

MutantCircus

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #13 on: 22 Dec 2004, 11:58 »

BOTH Kotor games rock like crazy.

Worst game I've ever played would have to be Indiana Jones for Xbox.

Phobos

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #14 on: 22 Dec 2004, 12:06 »

KKnD was quite possibly the worst use of my money.

Digs

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #15 on: 22 Dec 2004, 12:42 »

I'm gonna go with Superman 64 as well. I haven't seen worse.

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine
    • Pete Strong - Writer & Artist
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #16 on: 23 Dec 2004, 13:32 »

Septerra Core for the PC.

Why the fuck? What the fuck? What was the point?
What thou lovest well remains,
the rest is dross.

exliontamer

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #17 on: 23 Dec 2004, 13:55 »

Quote from: Thal
Quote from: exliontamer

May I ask why?

This is how KOTOR generally goes:

Sweet a star wars RPG, and its made by the Baldur's Gate guys...this oughta be good...

(HOURS OF USELESS AND INCREASINGLY MORE BORING DIALOGUE COUPLED WITH...)

Oh sweet, I want to attack that guy (PAUSE!) Oh shit, now I have to do the most boring shit ever...but now I'm ready to battle (UNPAUSE!) Sweet, okay, I'm attacking...ON NO WAIT, Fuck, thats not what I wanted him to do (PAUSE!) Okay...yeah...okay....maybe this is it...(UNPAUSE!) What the fuck are you doing Jedi man?!?! FUCK! Kill that dude! SHIT FUCK DAMN ASS FUCK!

(THROW X-BOX OUT WINDOW, no easy task mind you)

(BUY FFX, SMT:Nocturne, Ratchet and Clank or something that is actually quite playable and doesn't make your soul want to die)

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #18 on: 23 Dec 2004, 14:54 »

you can changes the settings for the combat pausing under options.  somewhere.

i liked the dialogue but i honestly thought that the last two final fantasy games killed the idea of good dialogue every being in a game.  

that reminds me, tie for second worst game(s) ever goes to ffx and x-2.   for the most part the most ear numbing voice acting ever, borring charecters, story, the attempt at a new system in X was just weak and they made the really awesome class/job system like playing dress up in the sims (also a game i don't like)

but these are just opinions of mine.

Riot

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #19 on: 23 Dec 2004, 17:02 »

Quote from: Hairy Joe Bob
Septerra Core for the PC.

Why the fuck? What the fuck? What was the point?

To make money off of the Anime/Manga fanboys.

On that same note, Shogo Mobile Armor Division (by the same guys) was pretty craptastic too.

I don't know if I really have a game I disliked bad enough to give it that title. O'course I've never played Superman 64 though, which was touted by many as pretty horrible. Not too hard to make a crappy game on the Nintendo 64. XP

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #20 on: 23 Dec 2004, 17:11 »

Come on, the N64 had a few good games. Zelda: Ocarina of Time? And let's not forget that goldenEye was pretty fucking amazing at the time. And still fun to play now.  AND MarioKart!
the rest is dross.

Digs

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #21 on: 23 Dec 2004, 20:43 »

Perfect Dark was the best game the N64 had to offer.

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #22 on: 23 Dec 2004, 22:45 »

Heard of it, never played it. What genre was it?
the rest is dross.

Phobos

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #23 on: 23 Dec 2004, 22:52 »

Morrowind was an interesting concept.. unfortunately, you could ignore your real life and spend the rest of it inside the game, and you would never beat it.  It's like they crammed the entire world into a neat little CD (or set of CDs)... and then made an expansion for it.

I don't personally understand the point of Sims Online.  You don't get to kill each other right?  So what's the goal here?

nickyandthefuture

• Curry sauce
    • http://www.bigorangecrayon.com
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #24 on: 23 Dec 2004, 22:54 »

The great thing about Shogo: MAD was that the most dangerous thing in the game was not an enemy soldier or robot, it was a soda machine.  If you stab a soda machine in that game it explodes with such ferocity that you are blown to bits and everyone else in the room will most likely die as well.  I approve of unnecessarily hazardous vending machines.
Blue or plain?
Sometimes orange.

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #25 on: 24 Dec 2004, 00:46 »

Quote from: Digs
Perfect Dark was the best game the N64 had to offer.

Tie with Conkers Bad Fur Day

Digs

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #26 on: 24 Dec 2004, 04:25 »

Perfect Dark was a first person shooter that Rare made, learning what they could from their bestselling GoldenEye. There's a reason recent Bond games have been forgettable, they're made by Electronic Arts.

I actually never ended up playing Conker's. I might hit up Rhino's again later after the Christmas money hits.

Riot

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #27 on: 24 Dec 2004, 10:34 »

N64 had some good games, it's just that there weren't really a whole lot of 'em. I guess the N64 didn't really have a lot of games, period. Nintendo makes the worst decisions about their consoles... first cartridges on the N64, now Shigeru Miyamoto doesn't like online games... stupid decisions, and they stick with them to their grave. Makes me wonder why Sonic Team chooses to release their Phantasy Star Online stuff on GameCube at all.

I never really got into Golden Eye... I wondered why it was such a success. I was working at a software store at the time, so I got hit by the hype straight-on. The fact that it was widely touted as one of the best games on the console made me laugh I guess. It was a solid title, but not much to it really. I think I'm pretty much alone on this one. o.oa

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #28 on: 24 Dec 2004, 20:10 »

worst game i've ever played would be Descent to Undermountain, for the PC.

it's like, an RPG, built using the Descent engine, and using the absolute worst graphics/GUI i have ever seen in an RPG (and i have played a lot of RPGs).

i mean, seriously, i played Bard's Tale 2 & Legend of Faerghail on my Amiga something like 5 years before DtU was released, and they looked way better than this crap.  i couldn't control it properly, it had no keyboard remapping, the visible game area in the GUI was miniscule.  etc etc etc.

Kjammer

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #29 on: 26 Dec 2004, 01:03 »

Worst Games:

I don't need to quote anyone in particular.  I'm sure everyone agrees with me when I say Superman64 was bad.  Rented it from Blockbuster (5-day rental), returned it less than three hours later.

Master of Orion 3 may have been a good game if Infogrames hadn't sacked the programmers halfway through production.

I think Survival Project International, a freeware online Korean-based international game, wasn't worth the 8 hr download.  It was a top-down interface, camera always centered on your character, and has as much control functions as a NES controler.  The characters were in the style of "anime plush dolls." It seems all you do is run around and try to kill the other players (who also have a tough time figuring out this crappy game).

happybirthdaygelatin

• The Tickler
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #30 on: 28 Dec 2004, 13:51 »

Quote from: Digs
Perfect Dark was a first person shooter that Rare made, learning what they could from their bestselling GoldenEye. There's a reason recent Bond games have been forgettable, they're made by Electronic Arts.

I actually never ended up playing Conker's. I might hit up Rhino's again later after the Christmas money hits.

exactly.  rare imbues the chips and do-dads in a game with something magical while EA is like an ugly lamprey, it sucks and sucks and sucks the essesence from a game.

i'm going to be a bit of a soothsayer and that Marvel vs EA is going to suck, make babies cry and rain frogs onto civilization

KID

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #31 on: 28 Dec 2004, 19:51 »

Mortal Kombat Advance. my friend rented it and showed it to me. just... horrible.

other comments: KOTOR is freakin' amazing. Halo 2 was allright, but i haven't played all the way through yet. tetris is awesome on any system, and perfect dark was the first FPS that i didn't loathe with every fiber of my being

osaki

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #32 on: 29 Dec 2004, 02:21 »

fear effect 2:retro helix, despite the lesbian love story... total garbage of a game.

more bad ones: i despise solitaire in general, and i really hated superman 64. luckily i played that one in gamestop and didn't bother buying it.

Switchblade

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • WTF was I thinking when I picked this name?
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #33 on: 29 Dec 2004, 06:10 »

Leasure Suit Larry - Magna cum laude.

*shudder*
ROCK MORE, ROLL MORE, LURK MOAR

Reno

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #34 on: 29 Dec 2004, 07:10 »

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel

Some games just cant go from PC to console, especially a RPG that requires as much mouse play as the Fallout series.  The gameplay is fine, the controls on the PS2 are a bit clumsy for me, but that is probably cause I am used to the mouse-controlled Fallouts 1 and 2

SeanBateman

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #35 on: 29 Dec 2004, 14:36 »

Charlies Angels: Full Throttle. My brother rented it for reasons I have never understood. The worst graphics I have ever seen on the PS2, horrendous controls, and incredibly mindless gameplay. Either that or Battletanx

osaki

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #36 on: 29 Dec 2004, 16:17 »

i also beat that matrix game in 30 minutes, enough time to take it back to the store and get something worth my money.

Goat

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #37 on: 29 Dec 2004, 17:27 »

Prince of Persia 2. This is a terrible game because they make a giant conception pool of sexiness and then piss in it, spit in it, and then empty their bowels into it. The combat is annoying, hit detection is annoying, camera is annoying, dying is annoying(but fun when you rewind time to re-impale the prince on a spike pit for no reason besides teaching that bastard a lesson) because the "Game Over" screen take a year to execute before you can "Retry".

Jamoky

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #38 on: 30 Dec 2004, 00:22 »

oh my god.  Prince of Persia 2?! Knights of the Old Republic?! I will kill all of you.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #39 on: 30 Dec 2004, 00:25 »

I agree. Prince of Persia: Warrior Within is godawful.

Miserable hacks.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

moo113

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #40 on: 03 Jan 2005, 15:55 »

Jak and Dakster (PS2)

I absolutely hated this game. I bought it awhile back because it was so highly rated by everyone (friends, enemies, magazines, websites). 4/5 was the lowest score I had seen it given but I wouldn't give it a 1. I hated it more than anything I've ever played (including all Madden Football games).

Although, I tried Jak 3 and found that to be a good game.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #41 on: 03 Jan 2005, 16:12 »

I find most 3D platformers to be really generic. They all follow the Banjo-Kazooie format. Main character + wiseass sidekick go around collecting shit to do other shit and gain new abilities.

Jak 2 and 3 have a good, darker storyline, but that's the most they have going for them.

Sly Copper 1 and 2 are fantastic though.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

MutantCircus

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #42 on: 03 Jan 2005, 16:13 »

Quote from: osaki
i also beat that matrix game in 30 minutes, enough time to take it back to the store and get something worth my money.
I actually beat that game in the store at the display.

osaki

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #43 on: 03 Jan 2005, 16:44 »

yeah, that game was fucking ricockulous.

good games for the n64:
Perfect dark+goldeneye
Legend of Zelda: Ocaraina of time (possibly the best of the zelda games.)
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Super Smash Bros.
StarFox 64
1080ยบ Snowboarding

CammyKnoxville

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #44 on: 03 Jan 2005, 17:44 »

I didn't think Street Fighter: Alpha (GBA) was a good game.  I remember the good ol days playing SF with my friends on a SEGA.  

As for the whole Perfect Dark thing, I LOVED that game because you could make Sims and just play a multiplayer map by yourself and still have an awesome time!

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #45 on: 03 Jan 2005, 17:55 »

i think some stupid car-racing game, but i can't decide which.

mr_bowen2000

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #46 on: 03 Jan 2005, 22:38 »

I second Sub Zero Mythologies as the worst game ever.  I just wantd to freeze people and break them up, but it turns out that it takes 16 combos.

Second worst game:  Cubivore:  Hunt and eat things, get a new piece for your body.  When you finish the stage, you get to start over.

Korlin

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #47 on: 05 Jan 2005, 11:43 »

Dullest game ever was probably Nascar on PS2 I think. Just driving around and around and around in a big cirlce. For 99 laps. Me and my friend just started going backwards, but even the crashes were dull.

But two lost PC classics which should have been promoted more were:

Grim Fandango (adventure game) - Original setting, great story, memorable characters, funny, engaging... simply excellent.

Planescape Torment: Best RPG EVER (D&D style at least) Most immersive and fascinating plot and setting I've ever experienced, and the characters rocked. HARD.

Not sure how easy they are to find now though...

Trinary

• Emoticontraindication
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #48 on: 05 Jan 2005, 11:47 »

I have an original copy of Grim Fandango right here on my desk.

Let's hear it for Lucasarts when they weren't shitting out millions of Pod-Racing clones...
UNF.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #49 on: 05 Jan 2005, 12:16 »

^ I miss those adventure games.

The Longest Journey 2 will not be that kind of adventure game, apparently.

In fact, the only Monkey Island/Grim Fandango/Longest Journey-esque adventure game that I even know of being made is Another for the DS. Long live the DS!
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up