THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 04:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Worst. Game. Ever.  (Read 38585 times)

Korlin

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #50 on: 05 Jan 2005, 12:25 »

I played Longest Journey, it was pretty good although the graphics did distract me a bit (mainly in the FMV scenes). Seen some pics of the sequel and it looks nice. I'm interested in how it turns out.

Valen

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #51 on: 05 Jan 2005, 15:24 »

I agree that adventure games were amoungst the best out there.  Sadly they were not "mainstream" enough (i.e. the average gamer wanted to shoot and kill things rather than think) so they're a dying genre.  All of monkey island games were absolutely HILARIOUS (curse was the best, escape was alittel lacklustre).

But to get the thread back on topic, I would like to subdivide the question a litttle.  The biggest LETDOWN of a game for me was probably Deus Ex 2.  The original was a masterpiece which I have finished countless times, and always come back again.  DE2 was a linear shooter, which chucked all the things that were great about the original in the trash.

But as for the WORST game i have ever played, i would have to agree with superman 64.  Although a topic like this can't go without some mention of Daikatana and how much John Romero must die.

monkeyboy

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #52 on: 10 Jan 2005, 03:14 »

Aquaman for the xbox...I know, "what do you expect?". but man was this bad. The graphics were the only good part. It was short, boring "action", and no voice actting. Sweet honey roasted christ why do I still own this?

Jiperly

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #53 on: 10 Jan 2005, 10:58 »

I found Fable to be fairly useless.

I mean, i've spent more time playing Jet Set Grind Radio Future or whatever its called than Fable......

Jiperly

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #54 on: 10 Jan 2005, 11:08 »

Quote from: Valen
The biggest LETDOWN of a game for me was probably Deus Ex 2.  The original was a masterpiece which I have finished countless times, and always come back again.  DE2 was a linear shooter, which chucked all the things that were great about the original in the trash.

Most definately- only one kind of Ammo system? What the fuck was wrong with them? They went from letting you switch to explosive rounds and poison darts to everything using the same kind of ammo- What.The.Fuck.

What you did in the game made no difference, except if you played one side too often, they'll become your enemy. They got rid of Attributes like improving pistol mastery and such, and made Hacking a fucking mod instead of an attribute. I remember hearing about loads of new sides and mods- sure, there was about 3 new mods, and two sides again- three if you count the one you can't join until the end.

The story was extremely weak- why did you go to the weapons factory again? Why did you go to Germany again? And the weapons- well, thanks to the universal ammo, the more powerful ones are mostly useless, since they eat up ammo so quickly.

Its just a terrible game.

No wonder the maker of Deus Ex and System Shock, and head of Ion Storm, left shortly after this game was released.

Apathy

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #55 on: 10 Jan 2005, 11:25 »

Yes, Deus Ex 2 was a tremendous disappointment of epic proportions.  I loved the original and was praying that I lived to see a sequel...  Shame it sucked.  Well, to be fair on Deus Ex 2, it's not strictly speaking a 'bad' game, but the mere fact it's predecessor was Deus Ex, it was a little dire when compared to the genious of that game.

Hoborg

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #56 on: 10 Jan 2005, 20:45 »

Quote from: ForteBass
Worst game ever... hmm... I'd have to say Army Men: Sarge's Heros. 3DO created a horrdily sluggish game with terrible controls on that one.

I had a lot of fun playing that game on N64 actually. The gameplay was a bit bad i guess. but... it had CHARACTER, mann.

I'd say Tresspasser, the Jurassic Park game, is the worst game ever. It was an FPS where you were a large breasted woman, and your body is visable. So your boobs took up half the screen anytime you tried to look down a bit. Also you have to pick up things using this retarded hand system

either that or another PC game, 'Galapagos' where you sort of control this turtle thing but you don't really, you just try to change its AI by prodding it so it goes from one point in the level to the other. It takes about 3 hours to get this idiot across a bridge or something. Least fun game ever. At least trespasser had boobs.

Quote from: Valen
Although a topic like this can't go without some mention of Daikatana and how much John Romero must die.

I think i am out of the loop with this daikatana business.. why does everyone have such a passionate hate for that game? I understand not liking a game if its not very good, but people really really hate this game and everyone who had anything to do with it and i cant understand why.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #57 on: 10 Jan 2005, 21:10 »

Imagine all the hype for Halo 2.

Now imagine the entire first level of Halo 2 being swatting hundreds of mosquitoes for no apparent reason for a good hour.

That's why Daikitana gets the hate.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Finding Emo

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #58 on: 15 Jan 2005, 11:04 »

Quote from: exliontamer

(BUY FFX, SMT:Nocturne, Ratchet and Clank or something that is actually quite playable and doesn't make your soul want to die)

Ehehe ... hehe ... oh dear, FFX? Seriously? Don't know what SMT is, and Ratchet and Clank is just poo. But FFX over KotoR? Just no.

Lunch Box

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #59 on: 16 Jan 2005, 16:00 »

I'd have to say that Deadly Towers on the NES was the worst game ever...Great play up til you get thrown into a random endless maze for no reason at all.

so annoying *breaks down crying at the thought of playing that game again*

emor

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #60 on: 16 Jan 2005, 18:24 »

Interstate '82.  It seemed like they made a list of all the most awesome parts of Interstate '76 just so they could cut them out of the gameplay, resulting in a pathetic boring game with slightly better graphics.

nothingwitty

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #61 on: 19 Jan 2005, 19:32 »

Shaqfu.  I cannot describe how bad this game is to you, so, instead... here's a picture!

EDIT : I beat the game with low punch (B).

DonkeyPirate

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #62 on: 19 Jan 2005, 20:50 »

shaq...the crappy superhero movie, the crappy genie movie, the crappy game.  why shaq why?  

worst game ever = unlimited saga.  it has a beautiful opening and stuff but then they dont tell you how to play.  you have no idea what is going on and it has ps1 graphics.  all it was was something to release a ffx-2 trailer on.  didnt care for ffxor x-2 for that matter.  why square why?

eternalcowboy

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #63 on: 19 Jan 2005, 22:36 »

Quote from: Hostile
Splinter Cell. Nah, not really, but it IS bad. Fuck Sam Fisher. Never before has a game's plot been so COMPLETELY demotivating.

Seriously.  It's impossible for me to play this game, after being hooked on the Metal Gear series.  Even Kojima's ridiculous storyline for Sons Of Liberty beats Splinter Cell's plot.  And Fisher is no comparison to Snake.

Mnementh

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #64 on: 19 Jan 2005, 22:50 »

Daikatana

Hoborg

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #65 on: 19 Jan 2005, 23:11 »

^^^^ How can that picture possibly be associated with anything but AWESOME?

Deformagraphy

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #66 on: 20 Jan 2005, 00:30 »

Quote from: Hoborg
^^^^ How can that picture possibly be associated with anything but AWESOME?

Because it says "Electronic Arts" at the bottom.

/bitter

Digs

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #67 on: 20 Jan 2005, 19:31 »

I saw Shaq Fu at Rhino's for a buck-fifty.

Tearon

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #68 on: 21 Jan 2005, 11:54 »

The worst game ever was ET for the atari.

I have played it and for having done so my friend has given me 50 dollars to recover. (not joking, my friend ROCKS!)

This may be a rumor but I heard that there were so many returns on that game that they had to landfill them all. If it is true, then future archelogists are going to dig them up and think that we used them as currency. Really crappy currency.

Jiperly

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #69 on: 21 Jan 2005, 13:53 »

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #70 on: 21 Jan 2005, 15:26 »

Quote from: Mnementh
Daikatana

I don't personally see Daikatana as the worst game of all time. It was bad, but most of the hate was the letdown after all the hype that Romero boasted about and whatnot. Kinda like fable, in a way. Alot of people who listened to the hype were majorly letdown, especially after Molyneux (Spelling? I hate that guy's last name)declared that it would be "The greatest RPG of all time".

Anyways, my vote for the worst game of all time, at the moment, would be Devastation.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #71 on: 21 Jan 2005, 15:33 »

The difference between Daikitana and Fable is that Fable was decent if you took it away from the hype. Daikitana still kinda sucked.

I hate Peter Molyneux so much though. Bastard convinced me to buy Black and White and I've never forgiven him.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Jiperly

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #72 on: 21 Jan 2005, 21:22 »

I loved Black and White. Only being Evil was too damn easy, compared to being good.

When i was good, i still followed the practise of being evil(your people reproduce en mass), which led to a single city with the population in the thousands.

In the Second map(the one with 3 gods, but one god is killed by the other), i managed to get everything in the map within my reach with a single city. It was MASSIVE- took like ten minutes to load up, and there had to be at least 50-100 homes. I even made myself a personal forest infront of my tower thingy of worship.....but the damn followers were too anxious to get the closest source of wood.....

After i killed the enemies towns(by simply tossing his followers into the ocean), i enacted a massive exodeus into the next map, which took me several hours to finally send every man, woman, child, tree, lumber, food, animal, interesting rock, fence, and literally anything i could throw in.

But, sadly, i couldn't keep up- too many people, too much work, not enough shelter. Most of them died, and i was turned evil because of it....(2000 people die of starvation, and apparently that makes me the bad guy...sheesh....)

kikanjuuneko

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #73 on: 22 Jan 2005, 01:08 »

The worst games ever? MMORPG's. Every single one of them. What's the point?

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #74 on: 22 Jan 2005, 01:58 »

To kill rabbits so you can kill moles which just lead to killing even bigger rabbits.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

unknowner

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #75 on: 23 Jan 2005, 11:28 »

My votes are for The Guy Game (Ps2) and Superman (N64).

Now... if you decided to crossbreed them... you would have the absolute worst game in existence... a monument of unplayability and terrible plot... where the man of steel must fly slowly and awkwardly through rings and beat up bad guys in slow motion in the vague hopes of "getting some" from almost-hot drunk chicks.

~U
....*shudder*

kikanjuuneko

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #76 on: 23 Jan 2005, 12:49 »

Oh, I thought of another one, which no one except me and my friend have played, and for a good reason.

I seem to recall back in the day, somewhere between '95 and '97, when everyone and their aunt thought it'd be a good idea to get into the whole "multimedia" business.

The Discovery Channel was no exception, and they put out a game named Savage, not to be confused with today's strange strategy-third person action hybrid.

See, the idea for Savage was... a lion simulator. That's right. You ran around as a pixelated lion in third person, maiming and mauling whatever got in your way, at times settling down for a peaceful drink.

The worst part is that I'm not even kidding.

Apathy

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #77 on: 23 Jan 2005, 13:02 »

Quote from: Digs
Perfect Dark was a first person shooter that Rare made, learning what they could from their bestselling GoldenEye. There's a reason recent Bond games have been forgettable, they're made by Electronic Arts.

I actually never ended up playing Conker's. I might hit up Rhino's again later after the Christmas money hits.

That's an interesting statement actually and one that's very true.  To this day, years on, not one person has truly completely forgotten Goldeneye on the N64.  Sure, Perfect Dark was probably better, but the bottom line is that every single Bond game since has been good, not great, or complete pants.  Subsequently, they've all been forgotten to dwell in the bargain bins of many a store, & although Goldeneye may indeed accompany them now, it is still regarded as one of the best FPS' ever, which is quite cool considering it was a film license game.

Akbar

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #78 on: 24 Jan 2005, 13:57 »

Worst game ever?
Postal II, hands down. I've never seen a more horrible and utterly repulsive thing in my whole life - and then I usualy spend my time at the same watering hole as apathy. *shudders*

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #79 on: 24 Jan 2005, 14:34 »

Yeah, but Postal 2 was one of those things where it's like "Holy shit, this sucks so fucking much it's kinda amusing" sorta things. And of course, it knew that too. I mean, you beat Gary fucking coleman.

Akbar

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #80 on: 25 Jan 2005, 04:11 »

Well, to me that was true to some extent, but with the first game. It sucked balls but was still fun to play for ten minutes or so, just for a laugh. The second one is just the same thing over again, but in 3d and with even more sickening ways to off people. Plus they somehow manage to make the unreal engine look like utter shite.

I really can't find it even remotely humourous to whack a little dog in the head with a shovel and then proceed to pee on its corpse. I've tried, I really have.

Apathy

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #81 on: 25 Jan 2005, 04:31 »

Quote from: Kai
Yeah, but Postal 2 was one of those things where it's like "Holy shit, this sucks so fucking much it's kinda amusing" sorta things. And of course, it knew that too. I mean, you beat Gary fucking coleman.

I liked Postal II purely on a tongue-in-cheek basis.  It was far too basic to warrant boasting it used the Unreal Tournament engine (did it?).  It was a fun little game I enjoyed mindlessly blasting my way through and was so politically incorrect that it made me laugh.

Akbar

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #82 on: 26 Jan 2005, 06:00 »

Yeah, but you like marrows, so you have an excuse.

icu

Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #83 on: 26 Jan 2005, 18:20 »

That I've actually purchased and played (for 5 minutes)

KISS: Psycho Circus (Dreamcast)

Purchased for $2 - would have gladly taken $.05 for it after a few minutes.

Goldeneye was fantastic - I could gush, but my favorite bit was the fact that you could set off and an alarm and mow down a constant stream of badies for hours on end + multiplayer.  

Vaitork

• Not quite a lurker
Worst. Game. Ever.
« Reply #84 on: 27 Jan 2005, 08:35 »

Oh God, yeah.. I had forgotten about Psycho Circus.. It's the awfulness materialized into a game.. stupidstupidstupid!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up