THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 03:30
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Call for contributions: Alice Grove wiki  (Read 19611 times)

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
Call for contributions: Alice Grove wiki
« on: 27 Jan 2015, 12:28 »

Ben Ellery has created and contributed to a wiki like that for Questionable Content. The more the merrier!

http://alicegrove.wikia.com/wiki/Alice_Grove_Wiki
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
Re: Call for contributions: Alice Grove wiki
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jan 2015, 05:40 »

I'm doing my part! What about the rest of you God Tree watchers out there?
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Ben Ellery

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb 2015, 05:29 »

BUMP!

Seriously though, as the sole admin on this brand new wiki I'd like to extend an invitation to visit, read and contribute.

It may not seem like a necessary resource just yet, but I expect that Alice Grove is going to throw a lot of technical, scientific and political information at us, in addition to the inter-personal complexities we can already see the beginnings of. When Jeph finally gets around to revealing more mysterious aspects of the story (such as where exactly the Vicissitudes came from), expect a lot of techno-babble.

At that point, even the most dedicated reader might start to lose track of finer details. A wiki will likely become necessary to keep track of everything.
It would be much better to develop it now, rather than later. A couple of people (literally, 2 people besides myself) have already helped out, but each new comic presents new information, and we could use some help.
It looks like there are a reasonable number of dedicated Alice Grove readers, judging by the already intense activity in this forum, and it would be great to get more of you (us?) involved.

Please check out the wiki, and consider making a contribution (it doesn't have to be much).
I hope to see you there.
>> Alice Grove Wiki <<

--
Ben

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #3 on: 24 Feb 2015, 11:45 »

Spoilered for length

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2015, 12:56 by Pilchard123 »
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Ben Ellery

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2015, 12:51 »

Well, that was fun.

Although I'm not quite sure if you were seriously trying to be helpful or just making a big joke out of it.
Either way, awesome parody!

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #5 on: 24 Feb 2015, 12:56 »

A bit of both, really. I seem to have a knack for writing alternative lyrics for songs, and "it doesn't have to be much/a snowman" caught my eye.

I'll try and put some stuff on there, but honestly I don't really know what to put. I'll have a look around.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

Energia

• Plantmonster
« Reply #6 on: 19 Mar 2015, 17:13 »

I've had a crack at writing the plot as it was one of the "pages wanted."  I'll try to contribute where possible, but it seems pretty comprehensive so far.
I want to be friends with people who put at least one comma into the phrase "make do and mend."

Ben Ellery

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #7 on: 19 Mar 2015, 21:05 »

Yeah, activity tends to be in short bursts after comics which tell us something interesting.

Check out Category:Article stubs for the pages most in need of attention.
Currently, I'm creating individual pages for plant and animal species currently explained on the Habitat page. If you want to help, the content there needs to be moved, and expanded/updated.
Particularly:
Cupressaceae could also use some attention, if you're up for  it.

Oh, and thanks for joining in!
Pages: [1]   Go Up