Claireten pillow talk
- 38 (33.3%)
The Morning After the Night Before
- 20 (17.5%)
Faye's Long Dark Breakfast of the Soul
- 28 (24.6%)
What next for Dora?
- 15 (13.2%)
Robot Hijinx (possibly involving May or Pintsize)
- 7 (6.1%)
The Stevette Wedding! (Because we need a random option)
- 6 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: 11 Feb 2015, 06:30

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: Strips 2892 to 2896 (9th - 13th February 2015)  (Read 113954 times)

Lubricus

• Beyoncé
Re: WCDT: Strips 2892 to 2896 (9th - 13th February 2015)
« Reply #150 on: 08 Feb 2015, 23:26 »

One girlfriend was in the habit of offering "intercourse", speaking of exceptional formality. The important thing was to oblige her, not to think about terminology.

The only appropriate answer to an offe of intercourse would be "Sure, let's bang!"  :-D
What do you know about Pokémon?

Baphomet

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #151 on: 08 Feb 2015, 23:31 »

As long as the people on either end feel loved it doesn't matter if it's all scented candles and lovely music, or just a quickie.

That was kind of my point.  It doesn't matter what was actually involved.  There's more there than the act(s), and that's what matters!
Then you're exasperated that explicit's comment wasn't "look at the love that these two both share and how it has grown so that the act of intercourse between them is so loving and great and full of good emotions"?

We're back to needing to explain to you the intent of humorous understatement, which is where we started. I want to assume that there's a simple miscommunication here rather than anything malicious.

MrNumbers

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • A hoot
« Reply #152 on: 08 Feb 2015, 23:39 »

We're back to needing to explain to you the intent of humorous understatement, which is where we started. I want to assume that there's a simple miscommunication here rather than anything malicious.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I can't not do this at this point:

Unfurl the black velvet alter cloth draw a white chalk Baphomet
Mistreat your alter boys long enough, and this is what you get!
oh god

Dark Matter

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #153 on: 08 Feb 2015, 23:39 »

Maybe I'm just ignorant, but I can't help but wonder where the term "porked" even originated. I know that personally the first thing that pops into my head when I think about sex is not pigs meat.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #154 on: 08 Feb 2015, 23:42 »

This is just a guess but I think that Marten and Claire are in the 'euphoric and giggly afterglow' phase and Claire is being silly. That said, maybe she just wants to see Marten's face next time rather than a pinkish blur!

That aside, there is a teenage feel to this exchange that makes me think that Marten is new to emotional intimacy. Although he is sexually experienced, that was mostly physical with the added benefit of friendship. With Dora, maybe there was always a little reserve of uncertainty for them both. With Padma, they both seemed to think that it was a dumb-ass mistake from the start. Marten and Claire seem to have gone to a deeper level where they're seeking an emotional connection too (and seem to be succeeding in finding it).

Regarding Marten being tired,? Well, the artist is inspired by his subject. Strip 2891 established just how inspiring Marten finds this subject. Enough to give him a second wind, it seems!

FWIW, I think that this isn't setting the theme for this week but we'll have to see.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • I'm unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #155 on: 08 Feb 2015, 23:48 »

As long as the people on either end feel loved it doesn't matter if it's all scented candles and lovely music, or just a quickie.

That was kind of my point.  It doesn't matter what was actually involved.  There's more there than the act(s), and that's what matters!
Then you're exasperated that explicit's comment wasn't "look at the love that these two both share and how it has grown so that the act of intercourse between them is so loving and great and full of good emotions"?

I just don't use those words (making love sounds... strange to me). We seem to have a lot of arguments about semantics in these forums :D

But yes, my attempt at being funny was much bad, needs improve.
"There's a lesson in everything if you're dumb enough"

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos
« Reply #156 on: 08 Feb 2015, 23:50 »

One girlfriend was in the habit of offering "intercourse", speaking of exceptional formality. The important thing was to oblige her, not to think about terminology.

Wait. So every time you had relations she called it intercourse? I see how that could kill the desire  for some people to copulate.

Edit: word order make better
« Last Edit: 09 Feb 2015, 00:15 by valkygrrl »
Quote from: Tywin Lannister
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

Baphomet

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #157 on: 08 Feb 2015, 23:51 »

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I can't not do this at this point:

Unfurl the black velvet alter cloth draw a white chalk Baphomet
Mistreat your alter boys long enough, and this is what you get!

That's a lie. You say you couldn't have not done it, but you could've done naught instead. Even if you did not do naught, you could've not done it, but you did not, so you did.

Dark Matter

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #158 on: 08 Feb 2015, 23:52 »

That's a lie. You say you couldn't have not done it, but you could've done naught instead. Even if you did not do naught, you could've not done it, but you did not, so you did.

Wait, so who's on first?

Natswash

• Furry furrier
  • I'm a leaf on the wind...
« Reply #159 on: 08 Feb 2015, 23:59 »

Wait, so who's on first?
I don't know
"Accurate" and "orbital bombardment" do not fit in the same sentence.

hakko504

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Geek! Beep Boop!
    • My Profile at Boardgamegeek
« Reply #160 on: 09 Feb 2015, 00:02 »

Wait, so who's on first?
I don't know
He's on third, but we're not talking about him.
"Be excellent to each other!"
Bill S. Preston & Ted "Theodore" Logan

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #161 on: 09 Feb 2015, 00:05 »

Well, of course there's nothing malicious, I just really hate the term "porked"!   :roll:

Seriously, though, I just kind of read Explicit's comment as - well, kind of dismissive.  I understood the attempt at understatement, but it really fell flat for me.  I just wanted to reframe the conversation into something a little more meaningful and closer to what the participants are actually experiencing. 

Which is, at least in my reading, more than just sex. 

All the "saccharine" dating was a buildup to this.  It showed us that these two weren't just hopping in the sack, there's a relationship being made, a connection.  It makes the evening's activities an act of love, not just two people bangin'. 

But to be honest, It probably wouldn't have bothered me as much if any other term had been used!   :-P

Warning - while you were typing, Explicit apologized.  You should tell him it's OK, and that you're just being a pompous ass about it. 

*sigh* 

Yeah, you're right.  My bad. 

No hard feelings? 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #162 on: 09 Feb 2015, 00:17 »

"Hey, baby, let's you and me engage in an act of afterglow generation!"
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
  • All Your Marriage Are Belong to Everyone
    • Singular Blues
« Reply #163 on: 09 Feb 2015, 00:19 »

Watch your language! There may be children present.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #164 on: 09 Feb 2015, 00:22 »

Just an additional point: Is it 'd'aaawww' or 'squeeeeee' today? I'm voting 'd'aaawww'.

As I've said before, I'm a romantic. :wink:
~~~~

Lubricus

• Beyoncé
« Reply #165 on: 09 Feb 2015, 00:24 »

I think it's d'weeeaaang!

Fig

• Curry sauce
  • Lord of the Sith
« Reply #166 on: 09 Feb 2015, 00:25 »

Coming up with a portmanteau of squee and daww is surprisingly difficult. Perhaps it's time to invent a new word.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.  Through passion I gain strength.  Through strength, power.  Through power, victory.  Through victory, my chains are broken.  The force shall set me free.

Lubricus

• Beyoncé
« Reply #167 on: 09 Feb 2015, 00:26 »

Don't forget daaaaaang!

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #168 on: 09 Feb 2015, 00:38 »

"Squeee" feels more like anticipation, "D'aww" more like an afterglow kind of word.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #169 on: 09 Feb 2015, 00:43 »

Warning - while you were typing, Explicit apologized.  You should tell him it's OK, and that you're just being a pompous ass about it. 

*sigh* 

Yeah, you're right.  My bad. 

No hard feelings?

I didn't exactly apologize (I will now though! sorry!), but I certainly didn't want to make you upset, I thought we were half joking. The ridiculousness of the word pork is well... ridiculous. I bet if I told a a girlfriend I would pork her she'd get pretty upset :D

techkid

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Disqualified from the human race for shoving
« Reply #170 on: 09 Feb 2015, 00:55 »

It's about the same as "banging", really. If you love your partner with all your heart, romance them off their feet and all that, say something disgustingly beautiful that makes them swoon, and conclude with "So... let's start banging". It "kind of" (read: abso-fucking-lutely) devalues the whole experience.

No worries, though. I guess you were just trying to break through the squee barrier around the forums, hey?
Just because I'm evil, doesn't mean I'm a bad person.

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #171 on: 09 Feb 2015, 01:08 »

Explicit has no squees. Is a manly man, must make fun of cuteness before it overtakes him. Causes third person speaking.

KevxD

• Emoticontraindication
  • n00b
« Reply #172 on: 09 Feb 2015, 01:13 »

Claire really is inexperienced if she thinks sex with glasses is anything less than a pain in the ass  :laugh:
The skyline was beautiful on fire, all twisted metal stretching upwards, everything washed in a thin orange haze
I said: "Kiss me, you're beautiful - these are truly the last days"
You grabbed my hand and we fell into it, like a daydream or a fever

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #173 on: 09 Feb 2015, 01:54 »

As somebody who needs stronger glasses I'm confused why Claire would want to keep them on. :?
Carpe Diem

Lubricus

• Beyoncé
« Reply #174 on: 09 Feb 2015, 02:38 »

I read it as if she wants to play into the "hot librarian" fantasy trope, not that she's unable to see her partner without the glasses. If the latter was true, she could just use contacts, after all.

geostar1024

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #175 on: 09 Feb 2015, 02:43 »

As somebody who needs stronger glasses I'm confused why Claire would want to keep them on. :?

As a fellow glasses-wearer, this confused me as well until I realized I was taking a myopic view of the reasons for wearing glasses. If Claire is farsighted rather than nearsighted (I'm not sure it's ever mentioned either way), then she can't see much up close without her glasses, and so Marten would have been a blur all night.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #176 on: 09 Feb 2015, 02:53 »

I read it as if she wants to play into the "hot librarian" fantasy trope,

I'd be interested to see if, one day, Claire decides to give Marten a surprise birthday gift by dressing up in line with this fantasy. Naturally, Emily would ask Momo why so many guys and more than a few girls were walking into doors and losing their conversational track in the middle of sentences.  :wink: :-D

Just to expand, I'm convinced that Claire is one of those women who looks plain because, normally, she wants to look plain. If she put her mind to it, I suspect that she could make herself very, very attractive, even hot. She's never really had either the drive or the confidence to do it before. However, having had a guy tell her that she's beautiful whilst staring at her nude body? I think that this could radically change her body image and how she acts/dresses sometimes.
« Last Edit: 09 Feb 2015, 02:59 by BenRG »
~~~~

MrNumbers

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • A hoot
« Reply #177 on: 09 Feb 2015, 03:04 »

I'd be interested to see if, one day, Claire decides to give Marten a surprise birthday gift by dressing up in line with this fantasy. Naturally, Emily would ask Momo why so many guys and more than a few girls were walking into doors and losing their conversational track in the middle of sentences.  :wink: :-D

Whilst the penultimate Best Case Scenario seems to be: "TAKE ME IN THE STACKS" I fear you overlook Marten's past far too easily.

Marten turns very, very pale, then slightly green. Claire: "Not... not your thing?" Marten: "You got that outfit from my Mum's line."

oh god

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #178 on: 09 Feb 2015, 03:25 »

NEXT UP: Pintsize wakes up, acknowledges the new info, contacts Station, fetches a holo brown chicken and a holo brown cow. Is thrown to the wall again.
[/not completely serious]

I also thought that she was talking about the sexy librarian thing with the glasses. And I like the probability of MrNumbers' scenario, and just how hilarious it'd be.

(FAYE, somewhere in the background: "You should have checked the store before red")
Meh, if you have to run fsck, you're already fscked.

ZoeB

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • -
« Reply #179 on: 09 Feb 2015, 03:59 »

Chicken....waffles.

Ho Kay.

Still, one of my favourite dishes is pork trotter and jellyfish. I took some convincing to try that too.

Meanwhile, my new sqeeometer with logarithmic scale up to 25 petasquee lasted less than a millisecond before overloading. Dang.

I can't decide which expressions are cuter - Martens or Claire's.
Akima wrote thus : " Besides which, forgiving other people is something you do for yourself, not for them. "

maxh

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #180 on: 09 Feb 2015, 04:23 »

myopic view of the reasons for wearing glasses
:clairedoge:
Yeah, okay, you're sitting in the punishment box for the rest of the week.
GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7  D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

anahata

• Never knowingly understood
« Reply #181 on: 09 Feb 2015, 04:26 »

This is just a guess but I think that Marten and Claire are in the 'euphoric and giggly afterglow' phase and Claire is being silly.
While that's very plausible...

That said, maybe she just wants to see Marten's face next time rather than a pinkish blur!
...was actually my rather pedestrian first thought.
It's Okay! I just won't touch any machines!

DrBear

• Icon being from guest comic by the Hjinks Ensue.
    • Blog about my book
« Reply #182 on: 09 Feb 2015, 04:49 »

Note to Claire: NO GLASSES!

One of the first times my wife and I were together, I was wearing glasses, they fell off and she rolled over on them and broke them.

If you're going to try that, at least have a spare pair ready.

ps - squee
I'm working on slashfic involving Lily from AT&T, Jan from Toyota and Jake from State Farm.

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #183 on: 09 Feb 2015, 04:50 »

Yeah, I'm a virgin, and I can't think glasses are a good idea during sex.

Then again, I don't actually need my glasses to see, just to avoid eye strain in my right eye. (My left eye is 20/15 or so.)

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #184 on: 09 Feb 2015, 04:53 »

Nah, the Daaaaaang will come later, when they show up some place together all glowing, then do the double booty dance.

Chicken and waffles is really a good combination. And not that far afield of a fried chicken sandwich, or a waffle with a side of some other order of meat. Normally here in the South the chicken is eaten with hot sauce so the spicy/sweet makes a nice counterpoint.

WareWolf

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Makin' This Up As I Go
« Reply #185 on: 09 Feb 2015, 04:57 »

It's about the same as "banging", really. If you love your partner with all your heart, romance them off their feet and all that, say something disgustingly beautiful that makes them swoon, and conclude with "So... let's start banging". It "kind of" (read: abso-fucking-lutely) devalues the whole experience.

Depends on your partner's sense of humor.

Fig

• Curry sauce
  • Lord of the Sith
« Reply #186 on: 09 Feb 2015, 05:02 »

A Pennsylvania Dutch variety of chicken and waffles is more like an open-faced chicken sandwich, only using waffles instead of bread.  Despite being close to the heart of PA Dutch country, I do not like it. 
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.  Through passion I gain strength.  Through strength, power.  Through power, victory.  Through victory, my chains are broken.  The force shall set me free.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #187 on: 09 Feb 2015, 05:07 »

Having grown up in Pennsylvania Dutch country and living in Georgia now... I prefer the Southern variety. :)

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #188 on: 09 Feb 2015, 05:24 »

I read it as if she wants to play into the "hot librarian" fantasy trope, not that she's unable to see her partner without the glasses. If the latter was true, she could just use contacts, after all.

Yes, glasses are essential to the "hot librarian" trope. And if you've never seen a really hot woman wearing nothing but glasses... daaaaang.  (Well, or a man, I suppose, but that's not what I'm into personally.) And if they get in the way, they can be removed quickly and easily.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

dexeron

• Obscure cultural reference
    • My Twitter
« Reply #189 on: 09 Feb 2015, 05:47 »

Counterpoint: one time I took my glasses off, set them on the floor (because that's where we were) and later when I stood up, being quasi-blind and all, I stepped on them.  CRACK.  It's a problem when your vision's so bad that you literally cannot drive (or really see anything in detail more then about a foot away from your face) and your only pair of glasses is destroyed.  (Driving to the glasses store was a real adventure, involving crazy glue that only worked about half of the drive, and then having to manually hold the glasses in together/in place with one hand and steer with the other until I could pull over and let my gf drive the rest of the way.  Having to wait a week for another pair to be ready REALLY sucked.)

I did learn my lesson, and always have a back-up pair now, which came in handy later when I went to the beach and forgot to take my glasses off, got hit in the face with a wave and my glasses went... on an tropical adventure somewhere!

Since then I'm a little paranoid about them getting broken/lost, since I'm so completely useless without them.  I tend to leave them on now, unless I have a very secure and safe place to place them where I can be sure they're not going to be knocked to the floor or otherwise destroyed.  Glasses are expensive, yo.

Nepiophage

• FIGHT YOU
  • It/It’s
« Reply #190 on: 09 Feb 2015, 05:55 »

Maybe I'm just ignorant, but I can't help but wonder where the term "porked" even originated. I know that personally the first thing that pops into my head when I think about sex is not pigs meat.

Short for "skewered by the pork sword"
Pintsize: It is hard to get a lady to evaluate to true.
The two laws of internet interaction.
1. Whatever you say someone will be offended.
2. Whoever you are, there is something to offend you.

Fig

• Curry sauce
  • Lord of the Sith
« Reply #191 on: 09 Feb 2015, 05:55 »

Counterpoint: one time I took my glasses off, set them on the floor (because that's where we were) and later when I stood up, being quasi-blind and all, I stepped on them.  CRACK.  It's a problem when your vision's so bad that you literally cannot drive (or really see anything in detail more then about a foot away from your face) and your only pair of glasses is destroyed.  (Driving to the glasses store was a real adventure, involving crazy glue that only worked about half of the drive, and then having to manually hold the glasses in together/in place with one hand and steer with the other until I could pull over and let my gf drive the rest of the way.  Having to wait a week for another pair to be ready REALLY sucked.)

I did learn my lesson, and always have a back-up pair now, which came in handy later when I went to the beach and forgot to take my glasses off, got hit in the face with a wave and my glasses went... on an tropical adventure somewhere!

Since then I'm a little paranoid about them getting broken/lost, since I'm so completely useless without them.  I tend to leave them on now, unless I have a very secure and safe place to place them where I can be sure they're not going to be knocked to the floor or otherwise destroyed.  Glasses are expensive, yo.

Yes.  Yes they are.  Reminds me of the time I got new glasses two years ago.  I was super excited because my old pair (and the pair I'm using now) were starting to get a bit dated.  I got the lenses tinted light blue, they had clear eye parts and thick, plastic black legs.  They looked awesome.  In the summer of that year I took my daughter to Six Flags Maryland.  We spent a lot of time in the water area because it was July and hot as hell out.  Anyways, I'm coming down one of the water slides there and the moment I hit the pool at the bottom I flipped out of the inner tube and my arm catches my glasses and flings them clear off of my face.  I watched them sink right to the bottom and of course they didn't let me dive under to get them.  I had to drive home from there with no glasses at all, at night, and in the rain.  That was an adventure, let me tell you.

On topic...sorta.  To me, glasses on someone exudes an air of intelligence (even if they aren't) and to me that is one of the biggest turn ons.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #192 on: 09 Feb 2015, 05:59 »

Glasses on during sex is a one way ticket to face grease all over them, which makes it harder for me to see than actually taking them off.

In short: nah.

...Except when I've done it by accident due to the heat of the moment.

In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

swapna

• Curry sauce
« Reply #193 on: 09 Feb 2015, 06:28 »

No. Glasses. Yes, I wanna see my sexpartner, but that doesn't help if they get all smudged and.. smudged. (Also, what I learned: always know where to put your glasses, and that place is never on the floor... yes, I learned the hard way ;)
Also: Please, let's get the story on with Faye, or Dora/Sven, or Pintsize, or Hannelore, or CoD employee fallout...

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #194 on: 09 Feb 2015, 06:36 »

Also: Please, let's get the story on with Faye, or Dora/Sven, or Pintsize, or Hannelore, or CoD employee fallout...

PANEL 1: FAYE and HANNELORE are entering Coffee of Doom
HANNELORE: "Do you think it's wise to come back so soon?"
FAYE: "Hanners! I got fired! That's hardly something that will leave me with permanent emotional scarring or something! "
PANEL 2: FAYE coming through the door, seen from the inside.
FAYE: "Besides, all I want to do is pick up... my... welding... stuff...?"
SINGING VOICES: "Ding-dong, the witch is dead! Which old witch? The Wicked Witch! Ding-dong the Wicked Witch is dead!"
PANEL 3: Frozen tableau of DALE, COSSETTE, PENNY and several CUSTOMERS wearing party hats and in a conga line. The shop is decorated with streamers and banners.
PANEL 4: DALE is hurriedly stuffing his hat into his pocket
DALE: "Uh... Faye! Great to see you up and around! What's goin' down?"
FAYE (red in the face and shouting): "YOUR ESTIMATED LIFESPAN YOU WORM!"

[edit]
It all turns out to be a horrendous misunderstanding, of ocurse; Dora would never have permitted something like that aimed at Faye. However, the intervening strips are the ones in which things get... interesting.
« Last Edit: 09 Feb 2015, 06:50 by BenRG »
~~~~

iandanger

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #195 on: 09 Feb 2015, 07:04 »

It is totally fine if words like banging or porking don't do it for you, but it doesn't necessarily bother everyone. I know personally I don't treat sex any more seriously than anything else I do often, and crack jokes and use vulgar terminology because the inappropriateness is amusing, and sex should be fun/funny.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #196 on: 09 Feb 2015, 07:19 »

I'll be back later......much, much later.

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • *Crunch* *Crunch* *Crunch*
« Reply #197 on: 09 Feb 2015, 07:34 »

Round 2.

'Oh....you're even scrawnier than I thought'

'I...I should probably go.'

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #198 on: 09 Feb 2015, 07:35 »

There's more than one way to be kinky. Just sayin'. :P

Badgers.

What's kinky about that? My wife does that all the time.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #199 on: 09 Feb 2015, 07:45 »

An obvious thing to do would be to have Faye to come home from doing something to find Marten playing his 8-string (loudly) in the lounge, his eyes closed as he's in that deep spiritual place that guitarists are supposed to go into when composing. After getting him to shut up so she can talk, Faye finds out that this is an instrumental interpretation of his and Claire's first time together. Faye is about to mock when she looks at Marten's expression and comes to a realisation: "Wow. You two are serious, aren't you?"
~~~~

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Up