Claireten pillow talk
- 38 (33.3%)
The Morning After the Night Before
- 20 (17.5%)
Faye's Long Dark Breakfast of the Soul
- 28 (24.6%)
What next for Dora?
- 15 (13.2%)
Robot Hijinx (possibly involving May or Pintsize)
- 7 (6.1%)
The Stevette Wedding! (Because we need a random option)
- 6 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: 11 Feb 2015, 06:30

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: Strips 2892 to 2896 (9th - 13th February 2015)  (Read 113876 times)

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • I'm unique, just like everybody else
Re: WCDT: Strips 2892 to 2896 (9th - 13th February 2015)
« Reply #400 on: 11 Feb 2015, 20:05 »

Maybe the therapist is just a sociopathic asshole who thinks it'd be funny to do that to people?
"There's a lesson in everything if you're dumb enough"

AprilArcus

• FIGHT YOU
  • adoxographical exegete
« Reply #401 on: 11 Feb 2015, 20:07 »

Faye (or any of the other cast members) may have figured it out, or Emily may have spilled the beans to someone. And just nobody bothered to comment on it. But it's more likely (and conservation of comic reality) is that only Marten, Emily and the Agustus' know of that part of Claire's past.

I'm convinced that Tai has a solid hunch coupled with an exceptional command of gender etiquette. Faye probably has no idea.

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #402 on: 11 Feb 2015, 20:09 »

Tai probably thinks everything is wonderful. I don't think she knows, but she'd probably get even more excitable for awhile. I'm going under the assumption that only Marten, Emily and Claire's family know.

SubaruStephen

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #403 on: 11 Feb 2015, 20:15 »

I also don't think Tai knows, if she did, that wouldn't be confetti floating around, it'd be glass shards, because she squeeed so hard and loud that all the windows and light bulbs exploded.
A "buttload" is an actual measurement, next time someone tells you that they need a buttload of something, tell them 126 gallons might be a bit too much.

Aziraphale

• Duck attack survivor
  • Extra Medium
    • The First 10,000
« Reply #404 on: 11 Feb 2015, 20:16 »

I think it also answers the question of whether Faye will go to AA or not.  I suspect that's what the being ogled by creepy old dudes comment was supposed to imply.

I seem to recall someone mentioning on the forums (or maybe on his Tumblr) that Jeph wasn't too keen on AA, so I suspect Faye will find some other support system(s).
May goldfish leave Lincoln Logs in your sock drawer.

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #405 on: 11 Feb 2015, 20:43 »

I think it also answers the question of whether Faye will go to AA or not.  I suspect that's what the being ogled by creepy old dudes comment was supposed to imply.

I seem to recall someone mentioning on the forums (or maybe on his Tumblr) that Jeph wasn't too keen on AA, so I suspect Faye will find some other support system(s).
Thus the 'old ogling men' comment.

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos
« Reply #406 on: 11 Feb 2015, 20:46 »

Thus the 'old ogling men' comment.

Hardly a problem unique to AA.
Quote from: Tywin Lannister
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

Vemocleus

• Not quite a lurker
  • NAN
« Reply #407 on: 11 Feb 2015, 20:47 »

Support in the arms of Angus?  Still not too late.   Also, Hello!

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #408 on: 11 Feb 2015, 21:34 »

Hoi a hoi, new person!

Maybe not too late, but something tells me that Faye's refusal to even try to make things work probably put the kibosh on any chance of that happening. That, and once Angus and Faye finally got together, Angus lost his amusement factor. Methinks that the New York job was simply Jeph's way of giving him a permanent bus ticket.

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • *Crunch* *Crunch* *Crunch*
« Reply #409 on: 11 Feb 2015, 21:42 »

I feel like the art has been very "on" this week, particularly Monday and Tuesday's strips.

He probably kicked it up after friday's got some criticism. He drew a really emotive and cute Claire, but Marten's room looked pretty bad, especially before he redid the bed. And today and two days ago we've got the apartment shown from multiple angles. So, good job on his part I think.

wlewisiii

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #410 on: 11 Feb 2015, 21:59 »

Faye (or any of the other cast members) may have figured it out, or Emily may have spilled the beans to someone. And just nobody bothered to comment on it. But it's more likely (and conservation of comic reality) is that only Marten, Emily and the Agustus' know of that part of Claire's past.

I'm convinced that Tai has a solid hunch coupled with an exceptional command of gender etiquette. Faye probably has no idea.

I think I agree with both of them. But I also wonder if Veronica Reed would know as well - given her employment and exposure to a very diverse cross section of humanity?
Emily is the Avatar.

miados

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #411 on: 11 Feb 2015, 22:01 »

I feel bad about the fact I am curious how claire looks where we aren't allowed to see. I mean it isn't so i can fantasize but I am curious, but i only got curious because of the comic she stripped down....... sigh I'm a bad person.

anyway I am glad faye dumped out the booze she had hidden away. shows some growth.

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #412 on: 11 Feb 2015, 22:11 »

I feel bad about the fact I am curious how claire looks where we aren't allowed to see. I mean it isn't so i can fantasize but I am curious, but i only got curious because of the comic she stripped down....... sigh I'm a bad person.

Still creepy, rude/disrespectful, and it's discussion that is not only extremely frowned upon, but is can also get you banned depending on what's said. If you haven't read the Discussion of private parts topic already, it is something you really, really should.

AprilArcus

• FIGHT YOU
  • adoxographical exegete
« Reply #413 on: 11 Feb 2015, 22:13 »

I think I agree with both of them. But I also wonder if Veronica Reed would know as well - given her employment and exposure to a very diverse cross section of humanity?

This is a surprisingly complicated topic!

wlewisiii

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #414 on: 11 Feb 2015, 22:21 »

Interesting! I vaugely remember that change but didn't think of it that way.
Emily is the Avatar.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #415 on: 11 Feb 2015, 22:31 »

As long as you act on the knowledge that it's the kind of curiosity you need to suppress.

Welcome, new and sort of new people!
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #416 on: 11 Feb 2015, 22:54 »

It's not always helpful.  IMO, the idea of any "slip" being considered a full-blown relapse may lead people to just say "sod it" and fall back into the bottle.  There's also the religion angle, which makes many feel uncomfortable.  I went to a few ACOA (adult children of alcoholics) meetings, and rather than help me deal with my family, all the made me want to do is head to the nearest bar and drink myself silly.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Dalillama

• Furry furrier
  • Schmott Guy
    • LDOriginals: GLBT friendly costumes, sweets, and more
« Reply #417 on: 11 Feb 2015, 23:08 »

It's not always helpful.  IMO, the idea of any "slip" being considered a full-blown relapse may lead people to just say "sod it" and fall back into the bottle.  There's also the religion angle, which makes many feel uncomfortable.  I went to a few ACOA (adult children of alcoholics) meetings, and rather than help me deal with my family, all the made me want to do is head to the nearest bar and drink myself silly.
A friend once said something similar about the AA meeting he went to; he said he'd never in his life needed a drink more than leaving that meeting.
My husband makes cool clothes, costumes and candy. 10% off all candies and stuffed animals until Valentines.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #418 on: 11 Feb 2015, 23:28 »

It doesn't help that a lot of people who are in A* are not there by choice, don't want to be there, and it kinda defeats the whole purpose.  I remember smoking outside a bar one night with a friend, and a couple of people we were drinking with.  It was around midnight, and one of the guys looks at his watch and says "sorry, we had better get going, we have an AA meeting tomorrow".  When I replied "lemme guess, court-ordered", they said yeah.  I have done the whole group therapy thing at times in the mental hospital, and there was always someone who just didn't want help, fucked it up for everyone else, and lead me to walk out because I didn't want to deal with their toxic influence.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #419 on: 11 Feb 2015, 23:31 »

I guess that my mind works in different ways from that of other people's but, to me, the significant thing in this comic is how comfortable Faye is with Marten's new girlfriend. Even though she has had a recent break-up that was so painful that it came close to destroying her, Faye has no problem opening up to Claire. She even apologises for snapping, wonder of wonders!

To me, this indicates that Faye really does approve of Claire; it wasn't just the drink talking. It also seems to support the theory that Claire is going to have her own, significant role in the next phase of Faye's life.

On the subject of art styling, I think Jeph may have used an old reference for Claire. It seems to be an older version of the character from around the wedding arc.
« Last Edit: 12 Feb 2015, 00:07 by BenRG »
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Dark Matter

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #420 on: 11 Feb 2015, 23:35 »

On the subject of art styling, I think Jeph may have used an old reference for Claire. It seems to be an older version of the character from around the wedding arc.

What specifically about the art makes you think its an older version?

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #421 on: 11 Feb 2015, 23:41 »

What specifically about the art makes you think its an older version?

Body shape mostly. Jeph generally makes her look slightly more curvy these days. Although I admit it could be just because she's wearing a black tee that's several sizes too big.

[edit]
And thanks, valkygrrl! The hoop earrings are something else from an older character model. As best as I remember, she only wore them after just getting her ears pierced.
« Last Edit: 12 Feb 2015, 00:04 by BenRG »
~~~~

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos
« Reply #422 on: 11 Feb 2015, 23:53 »

Wasn't Claire wearing stud earring last night? Where'd the hoops come from?
Quote from: Tywin Lannister
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

Dark Matter

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #423 on: 11 Feb 2015, 23:57 »

From a place they call . . . the Twilight Zone (cue spooky music).

Orkboy

• Beyoncé
  • Yelling angrily at the universe.
    • Bloodgood's Bloody Good Beer Blog
« Reply #424 on: 12 Feb 2015, 00:40 »

I was going to suggest that maybe she has a lot of piercings we couldn't see and just swapped them out, but then I realized people would do callbacks to the ear-piercing arc and then I would have to explain that I was joking.

MrNumbers

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • A hoot
« Reply #425 on: 12 Feb 2015, 00:43 »

Regarding AA:

AA is by default religious, and its strict methods are... look, they claim to be the only method that works, but secular rehabilitation centers that actually keep and release documented evidence seem to have a much higher, comparative, success rate.

Courts mandating AA specifically, rather than a program of the defendant's choosing -- within a court-approved list of course -- that's more than this bullshit option strikes me as... I mean...

Christ. It's forcing religion on people through a court action. That's about as unconstitutional as you can get.
oh god

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #426 on: 12 Feb 2015, 00:47 »

They're Marten's. He wears them all the time, you just don't see them.  :-o

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #427 on: 12 Feb 2015, 00:50 »

Regarding AA:

AA is by default religious, and its strict methods are... look, they claim to be the only method that works, but secular rehabilitation centers that actually keep and release documented evidence seem to have a much higher, comparative, success rate.

Courts mandating AA specifically, rather than a program of the defendant's choosing -- within a court-approved list of course -- that's more than this bullshit option strikes me as... I mean...

Christ. It's forcing religion on people through a court action. That's about as unconstitutional as you can get.

That's not entirely right. Part of the 12 steps is giving yourself over to a higher power, yes, but that higher power can be anything. Friends, family, volunteer work, it's supposed to be something larger than yourself. This is often God for for religious people, but it does not have to be.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #428 on: 12 Feb 2015, 00:50 »

As the courts have found before in *many* lawsuits.  But it still keeps happening.  With things like addiction, if there are underlying problems, addressing those goes a long way in dealing with it, as does CBT.  Switzerland has also shown a degree of success with using drugs such as LSD and MDMA *in the context of intense therapy* as well.  Truth is, most addicts are self-medicating for something.  There is a role for support groups, so people can share experiences and helping one another, I've never seen 12 step programmes do anything else but indoctrinate people.

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #429 on: 12 Feb 2015, 01:42 »

Regarding AA:

That's not entirely right. Part of the 12 steps is giving yourself over to a higher power, yes, but that higher power can be anything. Friends, family, volunteer work, it's supposed to be something larger than yourself. This is often God for for religious people, but it does not have to be.
Can my higher power be potato chips? I love me some potato chips. And dip. French onion dip.

Dammit, now I'm hungry.

swapna

• Curry sauce
« Reply #430 on: 12 Feb 2015, 01:51 »

Now that I'm thinking about it - Faye is way nicer than I would have thought, after coming out of the hospital. The only time where she kind of snapped at somebody was at Hanners, after the exaggerated reaction to her refusing to ask for her job back.
Otherwise - she was nice to Marten (even thanked him!), and opens up to Claire immediately. Kind of bothers me, since Faye didn' t open up to her best friends (Marten... Hanners.. before that happened, Dora) and now it's all puppies and sunshine and easy?

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #431 on: 12 Feb 2015, 01:58 »

Now that I'm thinking about it - Faye is way nicer than I would have thought, after coming out of the hospital. The only time where she kind of snapped at somebody was at Hanners, after the exaggerated reaction to her refusing to ask for her job back.
Otherwise - she was nice to Marten (even thanked him!), and opens up to Claire immediately. Kind of bothers me, since Faye didn' t open up to her best friends (Marten... Hanners.. before that happened, Dora) and now it's all puppies and sunshine and easy?

Most people are pretty nice after they realize they put their friends through a lot.

And no Omega, you can't eat your higher power! Unless it's big enough to last for a really long time. And you have enough for everyone. Did you bring enough for the rest of the class?

swapna

• Curry sauce
« Reply #432 on: 12 Feb 2015, 02:09 »

Yeah, that explains Marten (not Hanners), but certainly not Claire - what 'relationship' have those two? Claire insulted Faye once, Faye threatened her with violence, Faye encouraged her to go out with Marten... that's not the kind of friendship she has with Hanners. I would have liked her to open up to Hanners or Marten, since, yeah, we need the exposition to know where it's going, but Claire's the wrong person.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #433 on: 12 Feb 2015, 02:16 »

I think that today's strip actually makes it very clear that Faye is trying to turn over a new leaf and be a different and, perhaps, better person (at least by her view on the subject). For that reason, I expect her to be very overtly and unsubtly OOC at some occasions with a suitably shocked reaction from everyone else. It's the usual over-reaction you would expect from someone who has just been through a life-changing and mostly self-inflicted trauma the way Faye has.

As for her response to Claire? Claire is Marten's new girlfriend and she doesn't want to be rude and ruin things for him by scaring her off. This isn't like Dora, with whom she had a pre-existing friendship and who understood her quirks. She knows that she needs to tread carefully with Claire for Marten's sake. FWIW, I suspect that Claire may shock her with just what a good friend she can be if she's given a chance.
~~~~

Lubricus

• Beyoncé
« Reply #434 on: 12 Feb 2015, 02:20 »

Sometimes it is easier to open up to someone who's not super close. I get the feeling that's what happening between Faye and Claire.
What do you know about Pokémon?

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #435 on: 12 Feb 2015, 02:24 »

On a different note, it's good that Faye's a bit preoccupied with her own problems.  Otherwise, she might have asked Claire what she needed a support group for... 

Not that she'd react really badly, but I imagine a spittake would be involved since she's still working on her coffee. 

You know, the other outcome I thought of is that Faye might ask Claire for recommendations for support groups, thinking that Claire herself might have gone through alcoholism (Faye may have even noticed that Claire possibly didn't drink any alcohol during the baby duck "incident"). At which point Claire might have to explain that her support groups were for something very different, and that may result in her coming out to Faye... (But I don't think Claire will.)

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #436 on: 12 Feb 2015, 02:33 »

Sometimes it is easier to open up to someone who's not super close. I get the feeling that's what happening between Faye and Claire.

I can honestly say that the worst experiences of my life were talked about with people whom I don't know very well (besides my older brother's death, but I certainly couldn't leave my family in the dark, or leave them alone for that matter).

My abandonment issues, depression, anxiety, break-ups, surgeries, the almost being murdered, all of those were talked with with people who weren't that close to me. I act a certain way around those close to me, I never feel comfortable breaking it, but somehow talking to people I only kinda know makes it easy for me to open up. Kinda like right now! What's up everyone!

swapna

• Curry sauce
« Reply #437 on: 12 Feb 2015, 02:37 »

[Edited for brevity]

I think that today's strip actually makes it very clear that Faye is trying to turn over a new leaf and be a different and, perhaps, better person (at least by her view on the subject). For that reason, I expect her to be very overtly and unsubtly OOC at some occasions with a suitably shocked reaction from everyone else. It's the usual over-reaction you would expect from someone who has just been through a life-changing and mostly self-inflicted trauma the way Faye has.
That might be very true - I hope at least a little bit of it sticks ;) It really wouldn't hurt Faye to be a tad nicer overall.

As for her response to Claire? Claire is Marten's new girlfriend and she doesn't want to be rude and ruin things for him by scaring her off. This isn't like Dora, with whom she had a pre-existing friendship and who understood her quirks. She knows that she needs to tread carefully with Claire for Marten's sake. FWIW, I suspect that Claire may shock her with just what a good friend she can be if she's given a chance.
Okay, her being nice makes sense, but she could have just made smalltalk. Deep, life-changing discussions are a topic for friends or her therapist.

Claire-Faye-Friendship: I hope it doesn't happen; Claire has too much focus on her as it is. Hanners would be a much better fit for that, especially since she has shown that she can handle pissed-off-Faye. Also, the last thing Faye needs right now is a judgemental friend in her life.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #438 on: 12 Feb 2015, 02:50 »

Okay, her being nice makes sense, but she could have just made smalltalk. Deep, life-changing discussions are a topic for friends or her therapist.

I understand what you're saying but I think it's worth bearing in mind Faye's likely mental and emotional state. She's got all this weighing on her mind and she needs to let it out before her head metaphorically pops open. She isn't so much confiding in Claire as she is venting to the first available ear.

FWIW, if Claire hadn't been there, she could have just as likely ended up  talking to Pintsize! :-P
~~~~

swapna

• Curry sauce
« Reply #439 on: 12 Feb 2015, 02:53 »

FWIW, if Claire hadn't been there, she could have just as likely ended up  talking to Pintsize! :-P

Now that is scary. But it would be kind of funny... 

I'll see myself out :psyduck:

Lubricus

• Beyoncé
« Reply #440 on: 12 Feb 2015, 03:22 »

We still haven't seen Pintsize since Faye's meltdown, have we?
What do you know about Pokémon?

anahata

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Never knowingly understood
« Reply #441 on: 12 Feb 2015, 04:27 »

As for her response to Claire? Claire is Marten's new girlfriend and she doesn't want to be rude and ruin things for him by scaring her off. This isn't like Dora, with whom she had a pre-existing friendship and who understood her quirks. She knows that she needs to tread carefully with Claire for Marten's sake.

Faye may well feel guilty about rejecting and otherwise mistreating Marten when they first met, despite all of which Marten has been a consistent loyal friend. She owes him a lot of favours, and certainly wouldn't want to mess up Marten's love life by being nasty to Claire.

Anyway, I've always though of Faye as a strong person whose heart's in the right place, despite frequent destructive impulses. Not easy to live with, but not fundamentally evil at all.

Edit: spelling typo
« Last Edit: 12 Feb 2015, 06:58 by anahata »
It's Okay! I just won't touch any machines!

dexeron

• My Twitter
« Reply #442 on: 12 Feb 2015, 05:47 »

Wow, I never saw that before:

Jeph: "A common mistake people make when writing is to assume that the writer’s intent automatically trumps all other interpretations. That’s not actually how it works. Different interpretations can be just as valid as that of the author, and this can get you into deep trouble if you’re careless."

Yes, OMG, this, yes.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #443 on: 12 Feb 2015, 05:54 »

Now, I never went to AA (dealing with my father's alcoholism keeps me from ever having more than one or two drinks at a time, and even then rarely. I don't want to go down the same road as to much of my family) but I did attend Al-Anon for several months. While I did appreciate being able to get out things that I'd kept bottled up for to long to a group that understands, I was very uncomfortable with all of the Higher Power stuff. Sure they keep repeating (way to often) that it doesn't have to be God as your higher power.. it's pretty clear that's what is meant here. I don't like how they work on stripping away both responsibility and agency from the people who go. "You are not at fault for drinking/abusing substances/being around someone who did. And you are powerless to fix things yourself. So just shuck it all and trust in your higher power." uhhh.. No thanks. I may not be responsible for what other people have done, but I sure am responsible for what I do. And things aren't going to get any better if you don't act to make them better. I think that's why so many people I met told how they've been in Al-Anon for years...

phyllis

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #444 on: 12 Feb 2015, 05:57 »

I was wondering if Faye still feels a bit guilty over her role in the Dora/Marten break-up. I realise that it wasn't her fault, but she was still a factor, and very aware of that. I wonder if she is specifically making an effort to have a positive instead of a detrimental effect on the Claire/Marten relationship.

anahata

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Never knowingly understood
« Reply #445 on: 12 Feb 2015, 07:28 »

I was wondering if Faye still feels a bit guilty over her role in the Dora/Marten break-up.

That's a possibly even better version of my theory about Fay feeling guilty.
It's Okay! I just won't touch any machines!

miados

« Reply #446 on: 12 Feb 2015, 07:42 »

I am glad this means I will never personally experience what faye is right now, but sometimes I wish I could drink. I mean I used to technically be able to, but to me alcohol is foul tasting. My doctor told me it is common for people with my sort of tongue to hate that and coffee though which is another thing I dislike the taste of.

bah off topic. Anyway I am proud of faye for working on her issue even if it took her nearly dying to do so. I mean if martin had not shown up when he did I think she would have died, but to be honest as this is a comic and she is a main character I didn't think it was likely. If this was tv it would have been more likely at least in my opinion.

now for claire and martin I am glad their relationship is moving well and to be honest I can relate to having sex when something horrible has happened recently. I lost my virginity because of something bad happening in my life. In my case it was my friend trying to make me feel loved after trying to kill myself. I just hope it works out better for them than it did me. I mean I think they make a good couple and they were in a relationship unlike my situation. blah I am gonna shut up now before I ramble to much.

Aziraphale

• Duck attack survivor
  • Extra Medium
    • The First 10,000
« Reply #447 on: 12 Feb 2015, 08:26 »

Yeah, I had to talk someone down after they had a beer one night. One beer. Let me emphasize: one single, solitary beer. Took a while to get through to him that he hadn't blown five years of sobriety (and that with one beer, it's likely he hadn't even put much of a dent in that day's sobriety).

The religion angle bothers me as well, especially when you take it in tandem with the AA belief that you're powerless over your addiction. The former because AA ends up way too close to being a cult for comfort, and the latter because it essentially removes any agency from the addict, which not only reinforces the cult logic, but also makes it a lot harder to own up to your actions and make the changes you need to make.
May goldfish leave Lincoln Logs in your sock drawer.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #448 on: 12 Feb 2015, 08:35 »

Everything I've read about AA makes me loathe it. Especially the religious aspect. I'm agnostic at worst and atheists in day to day life (heavy emphasis) make me angrier than religious folks, but this is about getting healthy, God shouldn't be a factor, and giving up the responsibility of you getting better to God is negligent either way.

But yeah if I hadn't managed to resolve that 'one cigarette doesn't mean the day is fucked' then I would never have quit smoking, although I'm only five months into that to be fair.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Dark Matter

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #449 on: 12 Feb 2015, 08:45 »

I'm agnostic at worst and atheists in day to day life (heavy emphasis) make me angrier than religious folks

I am an atheist, and I still find a lot of atheists incredibly annoying. Thankfully not many of the people that I have to interact with much personally, but the kind of misogynistic brotheists who seem to love to make youtube videos are pretty much the worst. Don't even get me started on the so-called "New Atheists."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Up