Claireten pillow talk
- 38 (33.3%)
The Morning After the Night Before
- 20 (17.5%)
Faye's Long Dark Breakfast of the Soul
- 28 (24.6%)
What next for Dora?
- 15 (13.2%)
Robot Hijinx (possibly involving May or Pintsize)
- 7 (6.1%)
The Stevette Wedding! (Because we need a random option)
- 6 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: 11 Feb 2015, 06:30

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: Strips 2892 to 2896 (9th - 13th February 2015)  (Read 113863 times)

Aziraphale

• Duck attack survivor
  • Extra Medium
    • The First 10,000
Re: WCDT: Strips 2892 to 2896 (9th - 13th February 2015)
« Reply #450 on: 12 Feb 2015, 08:53 »

I'm agnostic at worst and atheists in day to day life (heavy emphasis) make me angrier than religious folks

I am an atheist, and I still find a lot of atheists incredibly annoying. Thankfully not many of the people that I have to interact with much personally, but the kind of misogynistic brotheists who seem to love to make youtube videos are pretty much the worst. Don't even get me started on the so-called "New Atheists."

I don't mind standard-issue atheists (full disclosure, I'm an agnostic myself). It's the fundamentalist atheists (Dawkins, Hitchens, et al) that drive me batty... though that isn't really limited to atheists. I have a hard time with fundamentalism regardless of who it comes from.
May goldfish leave Lincoln Logs in your sock drawer.

dexeron

• Obscure cultural reference
    • My Twitter
« Reply #451 on: 12 Feb 2015, 09:16 »

I'll second (3rd? 4th?) the annoyance with atheists (especially the New Atheists,) and I say that as an atheist myself.  I'm not annoyed at their "fundamentalism" (I'm not sure what's meant by that) but by the fact that they're so often tone-deaf to real issues of inequality and suffering (case in point, Dawkins constantly putting his foot in his mouth re: feminism.)

Atheists who've embraced humanism and feminism, on the other hand, I tend to get along with great. :)

---

So this isn't totally off-topic: I'm glad to see that Faye at least recognized that she snapped at Claire there, and apologized.  Part of me wonders if she's going to be a little hyper-aware of these things going forward as some kind of overcompensation to her previous abrasiveness.  While trying to be a better friend is laudable, I also kind of worry that it's not healthy if she were to become too self-critical, because I think there are underlying self-esteem issues, and being a better person doesn't always mean treating yourself like a worm.

(Which is why I'm glad she has such supportive friends!)

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #452 on: 12 Feb 2015, 09:26 »

Yeah, Dawkins is an asshole even when he is right, and he's often wrong.

And thankfully certain former members aren't here to start flamewars over the whole atheism vs. agnosticism argument. Personally, I'd describe myself as agnostic, or in the terminology that was decided in that argument, agnostic atheist. I wouldn't be surprised if there is something over us, but I also wouldn't be surprised if there was, and we haven't seen conclusive evidence that there is something over us (and the attempts at "conclusive" evidence have been debunked). Therefore, functionally, I'm an atheist, but if I see plausible evidence that contradicts that, I will cease to be one.

Contrast with people like Dawkins, for whom atheism is a religion - they'd be atheist in a D&D universe where there's conclusive evidence of multiple gods, for instance.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #453 on: 12 Feb 2015, 09:35 »

Is there enough interest to justify starting a thread in Discuss about alcoholism treatment?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Omega Entity

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #454 on: 12 Feb 2015, 09:56 »

And no Omega, you can't eat your higher power! Unless it's big enough to last for a really long time. And you have enough for everyone. Did you bring enough for the rest of the class?
But there's plenty of potato chips for everyone!

... they just have to buy their own  :-D

joran

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #455 on: 12 Feb 2015, 10:02 »

The strip where Claire and Faye and chatting, and Faye realizes that maybe Angus wants to move to NYC and so he's floating the idea to her. Faye says something like, "how could I not realize that?" and Claire goes, "I don't know, are you kind of dumb?"

This doe-eyed don't-be-mean Claire seems like a completely different character than that girl. It's like she got kawaii'd somewhere in there.

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #456 on: 12 Feb 2015, 10:03 »

Keep in mind that Claire didn't know about Faye's violent streak during that scene.

Now she does, and she also knows that Faye's been through hell recently.

Dark Matter

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #457 on: 12 Feb 2015, 10:04 »

I'll second (3rd? 4th?) the annoyance with atheists (especially the New Atheists,) and I say that as an atheist myself.  I'm not annoyed at their "fundamentalism" (I'm not sure what's meant by that) but by the fact that they're so often tone-deaf to real issues of inequality and suffering (case in point, Dawkins constantly putting his foot in his mouth re: feminism.)

Exactly. It's not that the New Atheists are any more strongly atheist than other atheists (although they are certainly more smug and confrontational about it), its that they use their atheism to excuse or justify their terrible, reactionary politics.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #458 on: 12 Feb 2015, 11:06 »

Keep in mind that Claire didn't know about Faye's violent streak during that scene.

Now she does, and she also knows that Faye's been through hell recently.

I've also kind of thought that Claire had been in the CoD often enough to see how they are interact that. Casually abusive towards one another, more often than not. So she just was trying to fit in with that comment.

Dalillama

• Furry furrier
  • Schmott Guy
    • LDOriginals: GLBT friendly costumes, sweets, and more
« Reply #459 on: 12 Feb 2015, 11:10 »

Contrast with people like Dawkins, for whom atheism is a religion - they'd be atheist in a D&D universe where there's conclusive evidence of multiple gods, for instance.
Not that I'm one to defend Dawkins, what with him being such an asshole, as others have noted above, but that's entirely unfair to him.  He's categorically stated that if anyone showed him actual evidence of divinity, he would accept it and change his tune.  No one has, because such evidence doesn't exist, but that's another matter.
My husband makes cool clothes, costumes and candy. 10% off all candies and stuffed animals until Valentines.

Dark Matter

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #460 on: 12 Feb 2015, 11:59 »

He's categorically stated that if anyone showed him actual evidence of divinity, he would accept it and change his tune.

That really seems to me like the only logical position that an atheist could take. Of course, if you could show evidence of a god, whether or not I'd actually worship it would be an entirely different question.

KevxD

• Emoticontraindication
  • n00b
« Reply #461 on: 12 Feb 2015, 14:15 »

I'd just like to point out that, technically speaking, being an agnostic says nothing about what you believe in, just your conviction as to that belief. Most atheists are agnostic atheists.
The skyline was beautiful on fire, all twisted metal stretching upwards, everything washed in a thin orange haze
I said: "Kiss me, you're beautiful - these are truly the last days"
You grabbed my hand and we fell into it, like a daydream or a fever

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • I'm unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #462 on: 12 Feb 2015, 14:24 »

As long as no one acts like a dick because of what they believe everyone can believe whatever the fudge they want :D

Now excuse me while I go force feed homeless people church crackers.
"There's a lesson in everything if you're dumb enough"

Rghfrgl

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • *Crunch* *Crunch* *Crunch*
« Reply #463 on: 12 Feb 2015, 14:47 »

The strip where Claire and Faye and chatting, and Faye realizes that maybe Angus wants to move to NYC and so he's floating the idea to her. Faye says something like, "how could I not realize that?" and Claire goes, "I don't know, are you kind of dumb?"

This doe-eyed don't-be-mean Claire seems like a completely different character than that girl. It's like she got kawaii'd somewhere in there.

My interpretation of what she said then was that she pulled a Clinton and blurted out something stupid, rather than being actively confrontational. I don't think there's necessarily a contradiction there if that's the case.

And even if that's not the case there's still the possibility she can dish it out but not take it. Kinda like that old strip where Raven hurts Faye's feelings.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #464 on: 12 Feb 2015, 15:34 »

You know, the other outcome I thought of is that Faye might ask Claire for recommendations for support groups, thinking that Claire herself might have gone through alcoholism (Faye may have even noticed that Claire possibly didn't drink any alcohol during the baby duck "incident"). At which point Claire might have to explain that her support groups were for something very different, and that may result in her coming out to Faye... (But I don't think Claire will.)

Yanno, I was wondering if someone was gonna pick up Occam's Razor about Claire's "support group."
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

EyelessoozeGuy

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #465 on: 12 Feb 2015, 15:58 »

You know, the other outcome I thought of is that Faye might ask Claire for recommendations for support groups, thinking that Claire herself might have gone through alcoholism (Faye may have even noticed that Claire possibly didn't drink any alcohol during the baby duck "incident"). At which point Claire might have to explain that her support groups were for something very different, and that may result in her coming out to Faye... (But I don't think Claire will.)

Yanno, I was wondering if someone was gonna pick up Occam's Razor about Claire's "support group."

I was wondering if Faye knows about Claire or not. I assume by your speculation that she does not.
is there a list of all the people that Claire is out to? I know Clinton and Marten, but I'm not sure about anyone else.

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #466 on: 12 Feb 2015, 16:04 »

Emily and Marten are the only people that we know of outside of her family. (The rest of the list is Clairemom and Clinton - we don't even know if her dad knows.)

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #467 on: 12 Feb 2015, 16:06 »

People who know:
1. Marten.
2. Emily.
3. Clinton (obviously).
4. Claire's mom (also obviously).
5. Claire's dad (though not as obvious).

People who might know:
1. Tai (as her employer).
2. Smif College admissions.
« Last Edit: 12 Feb 2015, 18:47 by jwhouk »
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #468 on: 12 Feb 2015, 16:13 »

Wonder how telling people is going to work out. If she does it in a group, a person now and then or perhaps not at all. Also wonder if anyone is going to (surprisingly) have a problem with it.

KevxD

• Emoticontraindication
  • n00b
« Reply #469 on: 12 Feb 2015, 16:22 »

I'd guess they'll all be fine with it (at least on the surface), but at the same time, might ask Marten if he's really ok with it when Claire's out of earshot. Could be a point of conflict of Marten feels offended by this.
The skyline was beautiful on fire, all twisted metal stretching upwards, everything washed in a thin orange haze
I said: "Kiss me, you're beautiful - these are truly the last days"
You grabbed my hand and we fell into it, like a daydream or a fever

Dark Matter

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #470 on: 12 Feb 2015, 16:24 »

I'd guess they'll all be fine with it (at least on the surface), but at the same time, might ask Marten if he's really ok with it when Claire's out of earshot. Could be a point of conflict of Marten feels offended by this.

I agree. Given how this group has been portrayed, if this does become a point of conflict, it will probably be because of ignorance and subconscious preconceptions rather than explicit bigotry.

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #471 on: 12 Feb 2015, 16:26 »

I mean you certainly assume everyone would be okay with it based with what we know about the characters (at least the more main ones), but most of them never breached the topic before so you never know. For instance, there are many very liberally-minded people who have a problem with Transgendered people (and of course evangelical conservatives, but I'm almost sure none of the cast is a conservative).

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #472 on: 12 Feb 2015, 16:27 »

What about Beatrice? Or maybe Jimbo?

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #473 on: 12 Feb 2015, 16:30 »

Well Beatrice is basically a caricature and Jimbo... I mean, he's not really friends with them so much. But he could be anything, we don't know exactly what he's like, just because he's redneckish doesn't mean he can't be a liberal.

Dark Matter

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #474 on: 12 Feb 2015, 16:33 »

What about Beatrice? Or maybe Jimbo?

Hard to say. Since they're very peripheral characters, they probably wouldn't find out until most of the rest of the cast has known for a while, if ever. By that point, the main cast members who don't already know will likely have had time to get over any issues they might have. In this situation, if Beatrice or Jimbo do end up having a problem with it, they could get rebuked fairly quickly. At least, that's how I would expect things to play out. I could be completely wrong.

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #475 on: 12 Feb 2015, 16:39 »

Could I just want someone to have a problem with it? I'm not sure, it would be interesting to see how the group handles that when one them is surprising unaccepting of a transgendered person.

But, I like conflict I guess.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #476 on: 12 Feb 2015, 16:41 »

I agree. Given how this group has been portrayed, if this does become a point of conflict, it will probably be because of ignorance and subconscious preconceptions rather than explicit bigotry.

Funnily enough, I can see Steve being the most chill about Claire. Possibly some conflict from Penelope, given her familial background.

Dark Matter

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #477 on: 12 Feb 2015, 16:44 »

Funnily enough, I can see Steve being the most chill about Claire. Possibly some conflict from Penelope, given her familial background.

I can see what you mean about Penelope. I'm curious why Steve would be the most chill, though.

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #478 on: 12 Feb 2015, 16:45 »

Funnily enough, I can see Steve being the most chill about Claire.

Steve'd probably just be like, "okay that's cool, but you didn't answer me, did you do her yet?" Bro.

EDIT- lemme expand. Because the others may make a big deal about it because they think it'd be awesome, Steve would probably be like, "oh, that's neat."

Dark Matter

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #479 on: 12 Feb 2015, 16:50 »

Steve'd probably just be like, "okay that's cool, but you didn't answer me, did you do her yet?" Bro.

EDIT- lemme expand. Because the others may make a big deal about it because they think it'd be awesome, Steve would probably be like, "oh, that's neat."

I guess I can see that. Steve's bro-ish tendencies just tend to cause me to judge him a bit more harshly than he may deserve.

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #480 on: 12 Feb 2015, 16:52 »

The person who would be the most chill about it would be Dale, obviously. Because Dale is chill about everything. Almost everything, anyway.

The person I think would be most likely to say something unintentionally hurtful out of sheer obliviousness? Marigold. And I think Dale would not be chill about that. Nor would Momo. Or May, I expect. I can imagine all three of them giving Marigold a stern lecture about respecting other people.
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #481 on: 12 Feb 2015, 16:56 »

My prediction is that if Steve found out, he would come to some conclusions about Claire (which may or may not be right, but Jeph will not explicitly state - I'm not speculating about Claire here, to be clear), and may get jealous in a way that even surprises him, based on those conclusions (and a very incorrect assumption that Marten's dating Claire because she's trans, not because she's Claire).

(Mind you, it's my headcanon that Steve is bi, and actually has pretty strong feelings for Marten, but has been suppressing that.)

However, I think that that would have to happen off screen. And, to be honest, I really doubt that Claire would come out to Steve, and Marten's not going to out her to Steve.

Aziraphale

• Duck attack survivor
  • Extra Medium
    • The First 10,000
« Reply #482 on: 12 Feb 2015, 17:01 »

Atheists who've embraced humanism and feminism, on the other hand, I tend to get along with great. :)

Clarifying, since you asked. Fundamentalism is traditionally defined as a literal, strict, and legalistic interpretation of scripture. It brooks no questions, no discussion, no doubts, and no deviation. "But wait," you say, "atheism has no gods, and ergo no scripture." Well, I'm getting to that part. I define fundamentalism somewhat more loosely. Reason being, if you look for a scriptural basis for much fundamentalist belief, it's either a huge stretch based on massive amounts of cherrypicking and reinterpretation, or it's just made up; in either case, it has no relation to scripture. So, in much the same way that Westboro Baptist Church, the Klan, ISIS, and others pick and choose their scripture to have a retroactive "godly" rationale for their reprehensible actions, so too do the New Atheists turn scripture of any sort (with the occasional exception of some Buddhist texts) into a strawman that bears little relation to faith as it's currently practiced. Moreover, like their other fundamentalist brethren, the New Atheists don't just (dis)believe in God; instead, you must disbelieve as completely, and in the same fashion, that they do (there's no hell, admittedly... just varying levels of juvenile snark and mockery). Likewise, they brook no argument, true discussion, or disagreement. Religion is evil, period, and must be eradicated.

Islam, of course, gets a "special" dispensation, since Harris, Dawkins an Hitchens (plus their ideological hangers-on) would like to see not only the religion but also its practitioners wiped out... in which respect, they're more like the Christians they'd otherwise be looking down their noses at than they'd care to admit. After all, fundamentalism makes strange bedfellows.

All of which is a long-ish way of saying, believe what you want, or don't, or doubt*, and I have no issue with you. But when you insist that others believe, or disbelieve, as you do, that's where I take issue.

*I think that whether you believe or not, agnosticism is a more reasonable approach than the certainty that goes with either theism or atheism, but that's a whole 'nother discussion, and this probably isn't the place for it.

Back to the comic:

The person who would be the most chill about it would be Dale, obviously. Because Dale is chill about everything. Almost everything, anyway.

The person I think would be most likely to say something unintentionally hurtful out of sheer obliviousness? Marigold. And I think Dale would not be chill about that. Nor would Momo. Or May, I expect. I can imagine all three of them giving Marigold a stern lecture about respecting other people.

Aside from a couple of times when he's been more direct than usual with May, have we seen an instance in which Dale wasn't chill? I can't think of any.

Regarding Marigold: I think you'd be right on the money if the situation played out that way, but I get the feeling that Jeph is trying to avoid having the comic go in that direction, letting the human characters' usual "be good to each other" message carry the day. I think that the Anthro-PC characters are his stand-ins for the times that he wants to explore things that get closer to actual rights issues (and blatant dick jokes).

Stanistani

• Not quite a lurker
  • I am inspired by the talents of others.
    • Wikipediocracy Blog
« Reply #483 on: 12 Feb 2015, 17:04 »

I feel that Pintsize would both be the most accepting and the most likely to make trouble.
Questionable Content is one of the few web comics I check out daily - it's that good.

Wikipediocracy - We show the world what's wrong with Wikipedia...

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #484 on: 12 Feb 2015, 17:07 »

It's really hard to tell how people will react when you come out to them. When I came out to my friends, some of the ones I was worried about due to their personality, upbringing or whatever reason were some of the most chill about it. And some who were not okay with it and wound up constantly and deliberately misgendering me and flat out refusing to accept my transition came from people who I figured would be totally okay. Even if it's something you discuss before as a hypothetical situation and they seemed okay with it, people can suddenly find things are very different when presented with it as a fact in person.

Mr. Black Licorice

• ... and a bottle of rum.
« Reply #485 on: 12 Feb 2015, 17:09 »

"Sweet Bra, you got some trangender tail!... uh, what's transgender?"

Aziraphale

• Duck attack survivor
  • Extra Medium
    • The First 10,000
« Reply #486 on: 12 Feb 2015, 17:15 »

Plot twist: Tortura is a trans* woman. Steve to Marten: "What took you so long?"

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #487 on: 12 Feb 2015, 17:24 »

"Best sex ever" High five

Mr. Black Licorice

« Reply #488 on: 12 Feb 2015, 17:36 »

It's really hard to tell how people will react when you come out to them. When I came out to my friends, some of the ones I was worried about due to their personality, upbringing or whatever reason were some of the most chill about it. And some who were not okay with it and wound up constantly and deliberately misgendering me and flat out refusing to accept my transition came from people who I figured would be totally okay. Even if it's something you discuss before as a hypothetical situation and they seemed okay with it, people can suddenly find things are very different when presented with it as a fact in person.

I can see that...  Some people hate the idea of a certain group of people and make exceptions for the ones they choose to like. To make it more complicated, some people claim they are liberal minded, but still bare a visceral level of prejudice. "I'm not prejudice - I have black friends... but (insert very prejudice thing here)."

Warning - while you were typing, your own visceral level of prejudice was exposed. You may wish to review your post... and your life decisions.

cesariojpn

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #489 on: 12 Feb 2015, 17:36 »

Is there enough interest to justify starting a thread in Discuss about alcoholism treatment?

Shafting important issues elsewhere on a forum smacks more of ignoring it/sweeping it under the rug rather than actively trying to foster discussion. If an issue is brought up by a strip, it should be discussed in a place where people will commonly flock to afterwards (i.e. the WCDT threads).

I can see that...  Some people hate the idea of a certain group of people and make exceptions for the ones they choose to like. To make it more complicated, some people claim they are liberal minded, but still bare a visceral level of prejudice. "I'm not prejudice - I have black friends... but (insert very prejudice thing here)."

I'm not racist...I hate everyone.

Mr. Black Licorice

« Reply #490 on: 12 Feb 2015, 17:39 »

Shafting important issues elsewhere on a forum smacks more of ignoring it/sweeping it under the rug rather than actively trying to foster discussion. If an issue is brought up by a strip, it should be discussed in a place where people will commonly flock to afterwards (i.e. the WCDT threads).

I'm not racist...I hate everyone.

Wow... even the people you don't know yet? Just on principle? Dang...

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #491 on: 12 Feb 2015, 17:40 »

I imagine that May would be completely perplexed as to why Claire's status is a big deal to anyone. "You meat-people are so weird."

Momo would then give her a complete and detailed explanation of human gender issues, to which May would reply, "Like I said: Meat-people are weird."

And Momo would sigh and say, "Yes. Yes they are."
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #492 on: 12 Feb 2015, 17:41 »

"I don't want to sound racist but cereal tastes good. What, those two things don't have to be related."

Mr. Black Licorice

« Reply #493 on: 12 Feb 2015, 17:44 »

"I don't want to sound racist but cereal tastes good. What, those two things don't have to be related."

Lucky Charms... you racist!

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos
« Reply #494 on: 12 Feb 2015, 17:45 »

Sure this _is_ racist but it just has to be said. The 100 meter dash is an _inferior_ dash* and I just don't care if people know how I feel about that race.

*Rainbow Dash is best dash.
Quote from: Tywin Lannister
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

Mr. Black Licorice

« Reply #495 on: 12 Feb 2015, 17:49 »

Sure this _is_ racist but it just has to be said. The 100 meter dash is an _inferior_ dash* and I just don't care if people know how I feel about that race.

Saying that the Indy 500 is better than NASCAR is much more racist; you're more likely to cause a riot.

Emperor Norton

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico
« Reply #496 on: 12 Feb 2015, 17:50 »

Yeah, being cool with one marginalized group, or hell, even being in a marginalized group, doesn't mean you will be cool with every other marginalized group.

I had a friend of a friend who was a transwoman who was also super super homophobic. I was kind of dumbfounded when she started just trashing gay people. Needless to say, that is why she stayed a friend of a friend, and is not a friend.

valkygrrl

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • Non timebo catulos
« Reply #497 on: 12 Feb 2015, 17:53 »

Saying that the Indy 500 is better than NASCAR is much more racist; you're more likely to cause a riot.

But it doesn't have the word dash so no My Little Pony joke.
Quote from: Tywin Lannister
Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.

Mr. Black Licorice

« Reply #498 on: 12 Feb 2015, 17:54 »

Yeah, being cool with one marginalized group, or hell, even being in a marginalized group, doesn't mean you will be cool with every other marginalized group.
I had a friend of a friend who was a transwoman who was also super super homophobic. I was kind of dumbfounded when she started just trashing gay people. Needless to say, that is why she stayed a friend of a friend, and is not a friend.

Mr. Black Licorice

« Reply #499 on: 12 Feb 2015, 17:55 »

But it doesn't have the word dash so no My Little Pony joke.

The original My Little Pony was better...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15   Go Up