Claireten pillow talk
- 38 (33.3%)
The Morning After the Night Before
- 20 (17.5%)
Faye's Long Dark Breakfast of the Soul
- 28 (24.6%)
What next for Dora?
- 15 (13.2%)
Robot Hijinx (possibly involving May or Pintsize)
- 7 (6.1%)
The Stevette Wedding! (Because we need a random option)
- 6 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: 11 Feb 2015, 06:30

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT: Strips 2892 to 2896 (9th - 13th February 2015)  (Read 116465 times)

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Re: WCDT: Strips 2892 to 2896 (9th - 13th February 2015)
« Reply #700 on: 15 Feb 2015, 20:31 »

I thought that too, Bryn. I gave a little squee over it.

fantasticalice

• Plantmonster
« Reply #701 on: 16 May 2018, 05:31 »

I know this is ancient but I just found '92 so beautiful I needed to comment. I've been reading like crazy because I love the anthropc stuff but this was beautiful.

By the way my headcanon is specific about where claire is physically but I just see her as self conscious about her body. I see her as having major self esteem issues and she knew that she needed to be ready to be rejected or judged or had Marten be unsure but positive.

"You're Beautiful" was what every girl wants to hear when she has body issues. I'm gay but I would want my girl to see me and say that too. Trans and genderqueer issues aren't shown in comics very often and this one made me smile.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #702 on: 16 May 2018, 07:30 »

Welcome, new person!

I agree. That was a touching strip!

There's still been only a little coverage of trans* issues, which happens because Claire is written as being normal instead of being the Trans Character, an approach that turned out to be popular among the trans* forum members.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

awgiedawgie

• FIGHT YOU
  • DON'T PANIC
« Reply #703 on: 16 May 2018, 10:42 »

I know this is ancient but I just found '92 so beautiful I needed to comment. I've been reading like crazy because I love the anthropc stuff but this was beautiful.

By the way my headcanon is specific about where claire is physically but I just see her as self conscious about her body. I see her as having major self esteem issues and she knew that she needed to be ready to be rejected or judged or had Marten be unsure but positive.

"You're Beautiful" was what every girl wants to hear when she has body issues. I'm gay but I would want my girl to see me and say that too. Trans and genderqueer issues aren't shown in comics very often and this one made me smile.
Quite. It's one thing for Marten to say he's OK with it. It's another thing entirely for him to see Claire in all her glory and say "You're beautiful." That's not just acceptance - it's attraction.
When, in the course of human events,
You can keep your head when all about you
Took the one less traveled by,
It's up to you to cremate those last remains.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up