THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 10:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Unwatchable Movie Challange  (Read 4412 times)

Orkboy

• Beyoncé
  • Yelling angrily at the universe.
    • Bloodgood's Bloody Good Beer Blog
The Unwatchable Movie Challange
« on: 12 Feb 2015, 22:18 »

Here's how it works.  The person before you names a really horrible movie that they've watched.  If you watch it all the way to the end, you get to make a new bad-movie challenge.  It has to be one you've watched in its entirety.

I'll start.  The Star Wars Holiday Special.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
Re: The Unwatchable Movie Challange
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2015, 14:50 »

If I had a way to watch it legally, I'd be so down for that.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • I'm unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #2 on: 13 Feb 2015, 15:26 »

Didn't I read somewhere that is was incredibly hard to get? Am I thinking of the right thing?
"There's a lesson in everything if you're dumb enough"

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2015, 21:08 »

There is no such thing as The Star Wars Holiday Special, and anyone who says there is will face George Lucas' Ninja Assassins.

NOW NEVER SPEAK OF THIS AGAIN!!!!!!!

Thank you, we now return you to your regularly scheduled Forum.

James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Orkboy

• Beyoncé
  • Yelling angrily at the universe.
    • Bloodgood's Bloody Good Beer Blog
« Reply #4 on: 13 Feb 2015, 23:13 »

Apparently, I went nuclear right off the bat.  So let's back the challenge down a bit and say Sharknado instead.

Noxx

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #5 on: 13 Feb 2015, 23:30 »

I actually saw the Star Wars special, albeit it 36 years ago, so I'll throw in "Liquid Sky" as uniquely horrible
Need advice, empathy, or just to bitch me out? You can always message my FB @ https://www.facebook.com/bob.shaffer.37

snarkyone

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Who knew the grail wasn't dishwasher safe?
« Reply #6 on: 14 Feb 2015, 09:16 »

That was like a Hedwig tribute.... just turn off the volume and turn on Bowie... it's great!!       

If you dare,  Brenden Fraser's Dudley Do-Right.     (don't feel ashamed if you stop it after 5 minutes, even the kids I was with hated it)
"No one cares how much you know, till they know how much you care.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #7 on: 14 Feb 2015, 09:48 »

Zombeavers - a film featuring, wait for it!.....ZOMBIE BEAVERS!
Truly, I was shocked by that revelation.
And I couldn't finishing watching the title credits, I could feel the film was going to be that bad!

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #8 on: 14 Feb 2015, 14:16 »

I throw in American Werewolf In London

Why?

Ladies and Gentlemen, the only film I have ever walked out on.

I was BORED!
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

TheEvilDog

« Reply #9 on: 14 Feb 2015, 14:50 »

I throw in American Werewolf In London

Why?

Ladies and Gentlemen, the only film I have ever walked out on.

I was BORED!

I liked AWiL, but mainly because it was so far ahead in special effects, I mean, you only have to look at David's transformation in the final third of the film and see why it set the standard afterwards. And the scene from the top of the escalator in the Tube is great.

I will agree though that the story kind of disappeared in the final third, but then again Landis is hardly the strongest storyteller.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #10 on: 14 Feb 2015, 16:20 »

Considering there's no way to watch it legally, I see nothing unethical about finding it through other sources. That's how I watched it back in 2008.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Stoon

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #11 on: 14 Feb 2015, 17:53 »

I remember watching the Star Wars Holiday Special.  I remember where I was when I saw it, the one and only time it was broadcast.  I saw it at a friend of my mother's.

According to the IMDB, and pretty much everybody the worst movie of all time came out just a couple of months ago. 

Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas

1. Saving Christmas (2014)    1.5  http://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom?ref_=cht_ql_3

You did it, Internet: Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas, starring Kirk Cameron as smug prick "Kirk," is now the single worst-rated movie on IMDB. This hour-and-change-long Facebook rant from your second-cousin Sam the seminary drop-out now ranks lower than Superbabies: Babies Geniuses 2, The Hottie and the Nottie, and From Justin to Kelly.

That's via the Raw Story, which notes that a film must receive at least 1,500 votes to qualify for the list. So it's not just five disgruntled AMC ticket-takers and the ghost of Increase Mather down-voting this claptrap over and over and over and over again. Meanwhile, over at Rotten Tomatoes, the movie has an astounding 0% freshness rating. But you don't have to take my word for it!

<snip>
Full article at:
http://jezebel.com/kirk-camerons-saving-christmas-is-the-worst-movie-ever-1667360406
Former child star makes a Sunday school movie that attempts to reclaim Christmas’ pagan and secular roots, but did it have to be so crushingly dull?

There’s at least one big surprise in “Saving Christmas.” I had assumed it would be a 90-minute jeremiad aimed at atheists, Jews, Muslims, and other people who don’t celebrate Christmas exactly the way Kirk Cameron does. Instead, it’s an 80-minute jeremiad aimed at other Christians who don’t celebrate Christmas exactly the way Kirk Cameron does.

It’s not a movie so much as it’s an extended Sunday school sermonette, with Cameron teaching his born-again brother-in-law not to dislike Christmas trees, Santa Claus and gifts, because — as “Saving Christmas” is about to expend a great deal of effort to prove — all of those things celebrate the birth and life of Jesus. (Did I mention that this straw man, who can’t win an argument to save his life, is named Christian?)

<snip>
Full article at:
http://www.thewrap.com/saving-christmas-review-kirk-cameron-darren-doane-faith-based/

...when I heard that Kirk Cameron’s new movie was called “Saving Christmas (link is external),” I had to see what he was up to. And since it’s only in theaters for two weeks, I figured I better go see it opening weekend, so I could write a review before its last showing in theaters the following weekend.

When I first heard of it, I suspected that the movie’s point was going to be something similar to Christmas with a Capital C (link is external), a seemingly Sarah-Palin-inspired film (set in Alaska) from a couple years ago starring a non-famous Baldwin brother. But although the trailer mentions some typical Christian concerns regarding Christmas (“happy holidays” and all that), I couldn’t make sense of what it was supposed to be about—besides the vague tag line “put Christ back in Christmas,”. I kind of had a hint…but “surely he doesn’t mean that,” I kept telling myself. So, despite the fact that the nearest theater to show it was an hour-and-a-half away, I had to go see Saving Christmas for myself.

And, I’m here to tell you that, indeed, he did mean that. And he really does. And Saving Christmas is worse than you possibly could have imagined.

<snip>
Full article at:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/logical-take/201411/saving-christmas-kirk-cameron

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #12 on: 14 Feb 2015, 18:55 »

I remember when Ben & Arthur was #1, now it's improved greatly (#59). I've seen bits on YouTube, it is awful.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #13 on: 15 Feb 2015, 09:14 »

Considering there's no way to watch it legally, I see nothing unethical about finding it through other sources. That's how I watched it back in 2008.

I think I've said this to you before, but ethics is only part of my issue with illegal downloading, and it's not the biggest part either.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #14 on: 15 Feb 2015, 10:17 »

I'm no less confused about it than before, so I guess we'll agree to disagree.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

TheEvilDog

« Reply #15 on: 15 Feb 2015, 11:14 »

Evidently, George Lucas has made it very clear that he will make sure the special is never released on DvD or Blue-Ray. Carrie Fisher apparently has one of the few digital copies that was supposed to be used as part of a commentary, but she says the only time she shows it is at the end of parties when she wants people to leave.

It seems that George Lucas considers the special to be his biggest mistake (even bigger than JarJar) and if he couldn't he'd go back in time and smash every copy before it aired.

That said, the one piece that everyone loved is the animated feature with Boba Fett and that's an easter egg on the 2011 Blue-Ray of the Complete Saga boxed set.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #16 on: 15 Feb 2015, 11:16 »

Did he specifically leave it out of what he sold to Disney?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

TheEvilDog

« Reply #17 on: 15 Feb 2015, 11:24 »

Technically the special fell under the Star Wars Legends banner when it was acquired by Disney. The Legends is basically the Expanded Universe and that's been declared non-canon.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #18 on: 15 Feb 2015, 11:33 »

...so? Just because it's non-canon doesn't mean Disney doesn't own it. If they own it, they can release it.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

TheEvilDog

« Reply #19 on: 15 Feb 2015, 12:31 »

...so? Just because it's non-canon doesn't mean Disney doesn't own it. If they own it, they can release it.

It's also subject to a small group that reviews and has a veto on what can and can't be released. So it'll probably be a frosty day in hell before they approve the release of the Special.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #20 on: 16 Feb 2015, 17:01 »

Wait, what? Who is in this group?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Pages: [1]   Go Up