THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 09:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: About Claire and Marten...  (Read 3529 times)

claysup

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
  • Lactose intolerants, beware!
About Claire and Marten...
« on: 19 Feb 2015, 10:27 »

Ok, so I'm new to the forum but have been a loooong time reader, and I have a question that's been nagging me since it started-

How exactly did Claire and Marten get together? because from what I saw, it just kind of happened. I don't have a problem with it, it just seemed forced and kinda out of character for marten to just all of a sudden pursue someone out of nowhere like that. I was always a claire fan, but this relationship just didn't feel natural. It makes it hard for me to sit back and enjoy the squee fest when that thought keeps bugging me.

Now, I'm sure this is answered in another post, so if someone could just direct me there that'd be great.
How do I sig?

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
Re: About Claire and Marten...
« Reply #1 on: 19 Feb 2015, 10:44 »

Welcome!  Have a look around, and you'll see where this question should really have been asked.  You'll also see a link to the wiki, which is good for finding out stuff like this.

But anyway, they first met here; read on for a few hundred strips to get the whole story.  Or go back to the beginning for the whole story!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #2 on: 19 Feb 2015, 10:47 »

Honestly, it just did kind of happen. That's the way life goes sometime. They met working at the library, started hanging out more and more and things just developed from there. The arc where Marten and Claire went to his father's wedding and especially the sleep cuddling is probably where Marten first thought maybe he had more than friendship feelings for Claire. But unless he talks about it in comic, that's just speculation.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 19 Feb 2015, 12:42 »

Welcome Newbie

As the others as said, that's just how it goes sometimes.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Medwin

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #4 on: 24 Feb 2015, 14:06 »

Well Claire came out to Marten first which is pretty huge and shows she is comfortable around him. I thought they really hit it off at the wedding, and the way things got handled in the strips after that. When she was talking with her brother how he was a nice guy showed she had some feelings for him, and he seemed to think of it positively. However it did sorta feel out of no where with the strips right before it, but thinking back to the wedding arc I feel like they were really comfortable with each other.
« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2015, 14:54 by Medwin »
Pages: [1]   Go Up