Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 22 Feb 2019, 00:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The Ultimate Joyride: Would you prefer to fly...

X-15 Rocket-plane?
- 4 (21.1%)
Skylon SSTO?
- 4 (21.1%)
The Space Shuttle?
- 6 (31.6%)
Saturn-V?
- 4 (21.1%)
Boeing X-51 Waverider?
- 1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Space Stations, Space Shuttles and Beyond - The Aerospace Discussion Thread  (Read 9080 times)

LeeC

• coprophage
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Jimor

• Duck attack survivor
    • Twitch Channel

Some friends of mine were on site to stream and film the Falcon Heavy.
Twitch I play games and hang out with friends.

BenRG

• Preventing third impact
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!

Astronauts Safe After Launch Abort

The crew of the Soyuz MS-10 mission (one Russian and one American bound for the International Space Station) are safe but somewhat bumped and scraped around the edges after their spacecraft's Soyuz-FG rocket exploded about two minutes into its flight into orbit. The crew were saved by the launch escape system on the Soyuz spacecraft, which separated the crew capsule from the malfunctioning booster as it broke up at about the moment of the separation of the first-stage wrap-around booster rockets from the Soyuz-FG.

Investigations by NASA and Roskosmos, the Russian Space Agency are underway and most information is embargoed. However, unconfirmed information says that one of the latches on the wrap-around booster failed, causing the booster to partially separate and crash into the central second stage of the rocket.

This comes after the confirmation by the Russian government that a hole in the upper crew compartment on the Soyuz MS-09 spacecraft was caused by 'sabotage' by person or persons unknown at the factory, who drilled the hole and filled it with epoxy that eventually 'popped out' due to the pressure in the capsule verses the vacuum outside. Russia has had a string of very high-profile space technology failures in the past few years that were traced back to production mistakes, shoddy workmanship and cost-cutting.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

LeeC

• coprophage
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!

"Cigar-shaped interstellar object may have been an alien probe, Harvard paper claims"
I found this article on CNN this morning and I honestly do not remember this being sited in January 2018 but with a new job and a pregnant wife at the time, I wasn't looking for such stories. Looks interesting so I figured I would share.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/06/health/oumuamua-alien-probe-harvard-intl/index.html

" The theory is based on the object's "excess acceleration," or its unexpected boost in speed as it traveled through and ultimately out of our solar system in January 2018. "

I'm guessing the Vulcans didn't detect the use of warp drive from us yet and just jetted off to fuck with the Andorians again. Jeffrey Combs will not be happy.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Akima

• Preventing third impact
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **

Sounds more like Rama to me.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up