THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 18:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Feels Thread  (Read 68884 times)

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
Re: The Feels Thread
« Reply #150 on: 25 Dec 2019, 14:35 »

I don't understand the context. Is Brenda not his mother? Or is his mother and forbids him to call her "Mom" (does anyone do that, at least with a child as young as the boy appears to be?)?
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #151 on: 25 Dec 2019, 19:21 »

Brenda is his step mom and forbids him to call her "mom."
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #152 on: 21 Mar 2020, 20:31 »

I watched this today. I can't quite explain it but, I felt something and was brushing tears away. I almost posted this in the writers section but I think it can really apply to anyone.

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #153 on: 21 Mar 2020, 21:42 »

That is really nicely shot, just as an aside.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #154 on: 04 May 2021, 09:37 »

I got to my mechanic's today, and there was a vintage Chevrolet, tail fins and everything. Our nephew is totally into cars and I thought he'd like a picture of it. I asked at the desk whether the owner was OK with people taking pictures, they said yes, and went on

"Her grandfather bought it new".
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #155 on: 22 Oct 2021, 07:48 »

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #156 on: 02 Nov 2021, 09:03 »

Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #157 on: 22 Feb 2022, 00:02 »

I've also put this in the Pointless thread, but it has a place here too since it touched me unexpectedly deeply.

I tried to figure out the reason my reaction was so intense and then it fell into place that when I was a child, libraries had in fact given me sanctuary.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #158 on: 08 Apr 2022, 18:20 »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up