THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 13:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What exciting new direction will QC take this week?

Faye, Claire, Marten, Steve and Shelby travel the country in a beat up van solving mysteries.
- 22 (27.2%)
The return of indie references. Current audience perplexed and doesn't know what's going on.
- 33 (40.7%)
Robot Apocalypse.
- 11 (13.6%)
Alpacalypse
- 15 (18.5%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Voting closed: 22 Mar 2015, 09:42

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 2917 to 2921 (16-20 March 2015)  (Read 54070 times)

ZoeB

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • -
Re: WCDT 2917 to 2921 (16-20 March 2015)
« Reply #300 on: 21 Mar 2015, 03:32 »

Some of us take it to extremes though. CCR5-Δ32 and 3BHSD.
Akima wrote thus : " Besides which, forgiving other people is something you do for yourself, not for them. "

Zebediah

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • I'm a bandicoot!
« Reply #301 on: 21 Mar 2015, 06:42 »

You're just one of those people who never does a half-assed job at anything, aren't you Zoe?  :lol:
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #302 on: 21 Mar 2015, 11:00 »

I'm pretty sure that next week will be all at the Support Group. I have absolutely no doubt that at least one strip will be the moderator (Arthur) thinking that Hannelore has her own problems and her breaking down (much to the other attendees surprise) and confessing to her shameful over-use of antiseptic handwash.

I've also got the feeling that either this Friday or the next (because, depending on how Jeph scripts it, you could easily have a two-week arc on this subject) will be something like this previously-posted strip:

Previously posted here

Panel 1: (Extreme close up of Faye's sad, ashamed eyes)
Panel 2: (slight zoom-out to full face)
FAYE: "Fuck. I... I don't even know where to start."
OTHER PERSON: (speech bubble from off the side of the panel) "Take your time; there's no rush."
Panel 3: (Faye is sitting in a simple metal-framed deckchair in a room)
FAYE: "My... My name... My name is Faye Whitaker and... and..."
Panel 4: (Wide angle; Faye is sitting in an arc of chairs with serious and sympathetic people sitting around her, applauding; Faye is covering her face with her hands; there are 'AA' posters on the wall behind her).
FAYE: "... and... and I'm an alcoholic."

FWIW, my guess is that Jeph will try to finish the actual meeting in one or one and a half weeks so the remaining strips of the arc can be Faye and Hanners walking home with whoever they've met who is going to be the situation's secondary character opposite Faye. I'm thinking either an existing character (and I'm still hoping for Mrs Augustus) or a new character.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #303 on: 21 Mar 2015, 11:41 »

I'm thinking either an existing character (and I'm still hoping for Mrs Augustus) or a new character.

I like this possinility, but I also really like the idea of Claire being at an LGBTQ support group across the hall, because I like the confusion it would cause Faye. It might be difficult to do that without coming off as transphobic on Faye's part, so I understand why Jeph might not go that route, but it would be interesting.
There's at least a 27% chance I'm full of shit
synesthetictranslations.tumblr.com
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

Aziraphale

• Duck attack survivor
  • Extra Medium
    • The First 10,000
« Reply #304 on: 21 Mar 2015, 14:00 »

I'm thinking either an existing character (and I'm still hoping for Mrs Augustus) or a new character.

I like this possinility, but I also really like the idea of Claire being at an LGBTQ support group across the hall, because I like the confusion it would cause Faye. It might be difficult to do that without coming off as transphobic on Faye's part, so I understand why Jeph might not go that route, but it would be interesting.

Mrs. A is too old for the group (maximum age, IIRC, was 30). And Claire's presence at an LGBTQ group wouldn't necessarily mean she was trans*. I mean, we know that, but Faye doesn't necessarily. As far as Faye would know, she could be bi, for instance, or (if it was anything like PFLAG) could just be a family member trying to support someone who was LGBTQ (which could just as plausibly end up with Faye starting to wonder about Clinton).
May goldfish leave Lincoln Logs in your sock drawer.

anahata

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Never knowingly understood
« Reply #305 on: 21 Mar 2015, 15:35 »

I'm learning an amazing number of new abbreviations and acronyms since joining this forum.
LGBTQ I knew abut, but PFLAG was a new one on me.
It's Okay! I just won't touch any machines!

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #306 on: 21 Mar 2015, 18:27 »

Claire's presence at an LGBTQ group wouldn't necessarily mean she was trans*.

Faye would still likely feel the need to mention it. Whether she DID would be up for debate, but it would play with the dynamic between her and Claire b/c Claire isn't out to Faye. Interpersonal drama would be happening between them which keep the comic interesting
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2015, 21:57 by chaospersonified »
There's at least a 27% chance I'm full of shit
synesthetictranslations.tumblr.com
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

jheartney

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #307 on: 21 Mar 2015, 21:20 »

My predictions:

• It's not going to be a conventional AA meeting, therefore missing the well-known trappings ("I'm Abyssinia Coelacanth and I'm an alcoholic...I've been sober x days").
• No one there will be familiar. Claire will not be attending an adjacent meeting. The unexpected-acquaintance-encounter at AA is such an overused trope I can't believe Jeph will bother with it.
• Jeph won't forget to bring the funny. There'll be kooky hijinks, not morose naval-gazing.
• Faye will either be disgusted and try to flee, or she'll be unexpectedly captivated. Maybe both (remember her early antipathy to Angus?).
• Hannelore may be required to apply the Death-Gaze™ at least once during the proceedings. At whom, I have no idea.

Will there be any AI's at the meeting (no, not Pintsize). Can they get addicted to things?

Consilium

• Plantmonster
  • Less important than Jesus.
« Reply #308 on: 21 Mar 2015, 21:31 »

Can they get addicted to things?

I don't think they can get chemically addicted to anything, but we all know PS is addicted to dat ass.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #309 on: 22 Mar 2015, 00:05 »

He would have to go in the creeps's group anyway.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #310 on: 22 Mar 2015, 03:39 »

He would have to go in the creeps's group anyway.

"That's what they said across the hall."
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

snubnose

• Duck attack survivor
  • Cape diem
    • Google
« Reply #311 on: 23 Mar 2015, 03:42 »

I just HAVE to point out that #2920 would have been so much better without #2919.

The fact that we already know about the crowbar just kills the joke.
Carpe Diem
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up