THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 05:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Top 3 songs of the year  (Read 9960 times)

Spencer

Top 3 songs of the year
« on: 22 Dec 2004, 08:26 »

In order, #1 being your favorite. Doesn't have to be a song released this year, just one you havent heard until this year. No runners up or "this almost made the list"'s.

1) Atreyu - The Remeberence Ballad - This entire album (The Curse) fills me with that inspired rage and anger that makes you remember what good emotional music is like. This song is probably the most powerful to me, and it helps to motivate me and my new direction in life. It's not for everyone, but it's certainly for me.

2) Modest Mouse - Bukowski - Lyrical Genius. Pure and and Simple.

3) The Decemberists - The Bachelor and The Bride - "No, I, I will box your ears, and take your tears, and leave you, leave you here...stripped bare."

exliontamer

Top 3 songs of the year
« Reply #1 on: 22 Dec 2004, 08:45 »

1) Big D and the Kids Table - LAX (Its always fun to listen to a 4 minute tirade about how much LA sucks. And seeing this song performed live anywhere on the East Coast is like a religious experience. "we're built up from nothing")
2)Mannequin - Oh Well (So catchy and so rocking at the same time. Its like the perfect kind of music for me.)
3) Pig Destroyer - Pretty in Casts (It summed up a lot of my feelings about love and need that I had floating around. "maybe she'll snap her wrists doing cartwheels or her ankle dancing drunken at some rave maybe she'll go through a windshield and have twinkling bits of glass stuck in her face she's so pretty in her casts damaged so perfectly she's so pretty in her casts the prettiest thing I've ever seen I only get to hold her when she's injured I only get to kiss her where she's sore")

Thal

Top 3 songs of the year
« Reply #2 on: 22 Dec 2004, 09:04 »

1) The Postal Service - Such Great Hights
One of those songs I just cant stop listening to, over and over. The lyrics both inspire me and helps my mood (which is needed quite bad at the moment). Get number one since its the one that has the biggest effect on me right now.

2)José Gonzàlez - Love Will Tear Us Apart
Think most of you know of this song in its original form by Joy Division. I acctaully heard the cover first and fell in love with it. Simple version of it that I can help singing along to. If you can find this one give it a try!

3)I am Kloot - Proof
Another song that works like number one. Nr 2 mood improver right now (and will be for quite a while I think).

And I want to add another song so bad. SO bad but I will try to follow the restrictions even how much it hurts :(

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
Re: Top 3 songs of the year
« Reply #3 on: 06 Dec 2010, 17:57 »

as much as I hate those awful "capcha" image things for authenticating humanity, I think we might actually benefit from one in the sign-up process somewhere

this is getting ridiculous
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

StarF

• Plantmonster
    • Scrub Club Records
« Reply #4 on: 06 Dec 2010, 18:04 »

1. Torrentz - Keep All Your Promises

2. Sage Francis - The Best of Times

3. Bomb The Music Industry! - You Still Believe In Me?

These are just the first three that came to mind. It's really hard to choose, but these are some of my favorites from this year for sure.
<3 StarF

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #5 on: 06 Dec 2010, 18:08 »

When it turns out that the bots can practice necromancy, then you know you have a problem.

scarred

• Older than Moses
« Reply #6 on: 06 Dec 2010, 19:56 »

tumblr | wordpress | last.fm

Quote from: De_El
nick is a dick so you don't have to be!

JD

• coprophage
  • The Phallussar
« Reply #7 on: 06 Dec 2010, 20:36 »

hahaha atreyu blow
Quote from: Jimmy the Squid
Hey JD, I really like your penis, man.

Mein Tumblr

Vuk

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #8 on: 06 Dec 2010, 22:37 »

They really do. Not sure about a top 3, but Younger Us by Japandroids is probably number 1 for me.

leftandleaving

• Emoticontraindication
  • Monochromosome
« Reply #9 on: 07 Dec 2010, 04:05 »

And on the sixth year, it rose again.

Regardless, my top three are:

Kanye West - Power
The National - England
Menomena - Tithe

The Seldom Killer

• Only pretending to work
  • More witless shite ----->
« Reply #10 on: 07 Dec 2010, 04:27 »

In no particular order

She Said - Plan B
Papillon - Editors
I am not a robot - Marina and the Diamonds

ErrantVenture

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #11 on: 11 Dec 2010, 21:54 »

1. The Wonder Years -- Logan Circle: A New Hope (although I have to say The Upsides was the best album I've heard in years, every single song is better than solid).
2. Four Year Strong -- It Must Really Suck to be Four Year Strong Right Now
3. The Gaslight Anthem -- The Diamond Street Choir
« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2010, 22:03 by ErrantVenture »

est

• this is a test
  • Admin emeritus
  • Older than Moses
  • V O L L E Y B A L L
« Reply #12 on: 11 Dec 2010, 22:19 »

as much as I hate those awful "capcha" image things for authenticating humanity, I think we might actually benefit from one in the sign-up process somewhere

We have a Captcha system in place, but unfortunately Captcha and reCaptcha are both compromised, as far as I can tell.  Considering that this was written back in 2004 I'm sure there's far more sophisticated methods around to get through them by now.

JLM

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #13 on: 17 Dec 2010, 14:40 »

Top 3? Without thinking about it too much...
1. Beat Connection - In The Water
2. Foals - Spanish Sahara
3. Massive Attack - Paradise Circus

Honorable Mention - Janelle Monae - Tightrope

Kwaping

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Pedals!
    • Kwaping!
« Reply #14 on: 23 Dec 2010, 07:49 »

I'm too lazy to think, so according to iTunes, the 2010 releases I listened to the most were:

1. The High Road, Broken Bells - 67 plays
2t. Shy, A Sunny Day In Glasgow - 53 plays
2t. The Best Treasure Stays Buried, Zoey Van Goey - 53 plays

I'm very surprised at that list. Of those three, the ZvG song is my favorite.

One of my favorite 2010 songs that isn't anywhere near my most played (strangely) is Postal Blowfish by Albert Hammond Jr.
No amount of gear will make up for a lack of skill - but I keep trying!

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #15 on: 23 Dec 2010, 09:48 »

We have a Captcha system in place, but unfortunately Captcha and reCaptcha are both compromised, as far as I can tell.  Considering that this was written back in 2004 I'm sure there's far more sophisticated methods around to get through them by now.
Would we be able to at least disable new thread creation before something like 5 or 10 posts? Granted, a lot of bots seem to post in existing threads, but it's an option nonetheless.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #16 on: 23 Dec 2010, 10:03 »

Spam threads are getting removed efficiently, though, so you don't really suffer.  In any case, more than half of them are created in the Hi I'm New  forum, for some reason.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Be My Head

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #17 on: 23 Dec 2010, 14:44 »

Also there is a thriving industry of "Human Captcha Breakers". Basically people in India and other places are paid to sit at home and break captchas all day long.
Pages: [1]   Go Up