THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 15:09
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Never play bongos, going down the stairs...  (Read 2694 times)

SeaWoodStage

• Emoticontraindication
  • I make a lovely cuppa.
Never play bongos, going down the stairs...
« on: 02 Apr 2015, 06:43 »

Hello!

I’ve actually posted a few times on the WCDT already, but I figured maybe it would be good form to introduce myself here?

I forget exactly when I started reading the comic, but it would’ve been either autumn or winter 2003. I used to post regularly on a BTVS board at the time, and one of my good friends posted something like “I think I just found my new favourite comic”, and linked to QC. I followed the link and was utterly hooked from day one. I see why my friend liked it (although I don’t know how he came across it) because at the time he and Marten were quite similar. Unfortunately I have since lost touch with that friend, but he’s left me with a lot of good memories, a few regretful ones, and the legacy of a webcomic that I’ve consistently enjoyed for almost twelve years.

QC is the only comic that I consistently check every day. I’m a sucker for good characters and a good story, and it’s pulled me in completely.

As for me – I live in an OK house, in a nice town, in the UK. With my pretty great husband, two lovely cats, one horrible cat, and two of the neighbourhood cats who seem to have decided that this is a nice place to spend half of their time. I’ve done lots of different jobs and am currently unemployed. I’m usually happiest while outdoors. I have a nice family with craploads of problems. I used to play the cello, piano, and (sort of) violin. I had an amazing but painful and messed-up childhood. I’m drawn to big cities but feel most at home in the country, where I was born. I like food (and trying to cook), some videogames, gardening, the sea, almost all animals, and most of all, books. Plus loads of other stuff, but this isn’t a dating profile, so I’ll shut up now!

Pleased to meet you all. Smoke me a kipper, I'll be...there for brunch :)

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
Re: Never play bongos, going down the stairs...
« Reply #1 on: 02 Apr 2015, 08:05 »

Mae croeso i bawb sy'n hoffi ysmygu Kipper yma. 

Welcome!
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2 on: 02 Apr 2015, 10:53 »

Greetings!

*Melts your Lug Wrench*
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #3 on: 05 Apr 2015, 10:45 »

Welcome, and please give the kitties a scritch for me.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.
Pages: [1]   Go Up