Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reboot  (Read 5682 times)

bulldawg982

• Larger than most fish
Reboot
« on: 03 May 2015, 10:04 »

Rules for this thread:

Please ensure your tags are correct, and that you have specified both Artist/Album in your post.  It's good to give pointers to what the music is like, too.

No hot-linking images or albums. You can re-host images at your favourite image hosting site (e.g. http://imageshack.us).

Upload your files in either a .zip or a .rar archive to Mediafile, in multiple parts if necessary. We know MF is reasonably safe and efficient and allows multiple downloads, but there are comparable alternatives. The ads on some other sites, such as Sendspace, not uncommonly contain viruses on the page. Get yourself checked out.

Post your link using code tags. It's the # icon above the policeman emoticon. This helps prevent the links from being traced back to the forums, lowering the chance that the wrong people notice the thread, potentially threatening Jeph with legal action.

The forum software automatically changes the name MF to avoid being found by search engines - remember to correct it when using the URLs you find here.

Please do NOT request albums; this includes requests for re-uploads.  If you miss it, try looking for it somewhere else.

Repost the rules at the top of each new page

So this site was interesting back in 2007/8, although it died slowly in the years that followed. I am going to post a couple albums. See if anyone else is interested in sharing music again. If not, at least here's a couple things you should listen to if you haven't yet.

Woolen Men - Tour Tape 1
Woolen Men are a rock band from Portland who meld punk with a kiwi informed sense of pop. This first tour tape is packed with quick, great songs.
http://www.mediaf!re.com/download/095dnuc8bxgbbvj/WM-TT1.zip

Eyelids & Woolen Men - Covers
Eyelids and Woolen Men released a split double sided flexi disc. First track on both sides are covers, with Woolen Men offering up Psycho Killer, however I'm posting this due to the 2nd Woolen Men track, recorded in an "unplugged" fashion.
http://www.mediaf!re.com/download/3t8bemdwsac4q2q/E%26WM-Covers.zip
http://woolenmen.bandcamp.com/track/life-in-hell

and an Australian band I fell in love with last year. They have another great album and an interesting live tape. At moments is reminds me of the mantles self titled album and at other points it feels like Beat Happening. Regardless, it's jangly and joyous pop.
Woollen Kits - Four Girls
https://www.mediaf!re.com/?ae46pch14hy3bb9
« Last Edit: 03 May 2015, 10:22 by bulldawg982 »

KingOfIreland

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Artist formerly known as Tuathal
Re: Reboot
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2015, 11:03 »

You know that thread still exists, right?
two threads from the top.
"Cock's Fresh Prepared steak"

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2015, 11:53 »

It's locked now.  That was because of the combination of extended inactivity and doubts over the suitability of continuing to act as a source of illegal downloads.  Throughout the history of the forum the possibility of being caught out over that was in the back of people's minds, which is why there were the rules there were; but the greater difficulty of hiding these things in the light of continuing development in technology has materially increased the risk of detection (I am a computer and network manager myself, and so am very aware of what can be done).  This forum is intended above all for discussion of the comic, and Jeph would be understandably upset if something like this caused him a problem.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

bulldawg982

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #3 on: 08 May 2015, 08:51 »

It's locked now.  That was because of the combination of extended inactivity and doubts over the suitability of continuing to act as a source of illegal downloads.  Throughout the history of the forum the possibility of being caught out over that was in the back of people's minds, which is why there were the rules there were; but the greater difficulty of hiding these things in the light of continuing development in technology has materially increased the risk of detection (I am a computer and network manager myself, and so am very aware of what can be done).  This forum is intended above all for discussion of the comic, and Jeph would be understandably upset if something like this caused him a problem.

I thought the old one was just locked due to inactivity and people just posting how they wish it was still active instead of throwing up new music. I didn't realize it had to do with a concern over safety for the site. Tried to delete this thread, but it wouldn't allow me.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #4 on: 08 May 2015, 09:10 »

Don't worry; the general lack of activity in this area is enough to make it OK, I'd say.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )
Pages: [1]   Go Up