THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 08:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cosplay  (Read 13361 times)

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
Cosplay
« on: 01 May 2015, 16:36 »

I'm truly uncertain where this topic belongs. Any moderator with a clear conviction has my advance agreement to move it.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
Re: Cosplay
« Reply #1 on: 02 May 2015, 06:28 »

Well if its about making or creating your own cosplay I think this is the perfect place.  There is a few projects I myself would love to do, especially if I am going to awesome-con at the end of the month.

I want to figure out how to pull this off:

« Last Edit: 02 May 2015, 06:54 by LeeC »
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2015, 21:14 »

I'm going for Harry Hart from the Kingsman movie. An intrigued optician has donated clunky old-fashioned glasses frames, I've started growing my hair out so there will be enough to convert into the right hair style, and I've ordered a replica of the suit.
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2015, 12:11 »

I'm wanting to do a Furiousa costume for Halloween, but how to do the arm is beyond my current abilities. I suppose I could do a gender bent Max.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #4 on: 14 Sep 2015, 12:21 »

Here is how one cosplayer did Furiosa's arm. Basically just an outer frame and an oversized hand/claw arrangement she slipped her arm into. Add a black sleeve to cover up your skin and it should be good to go. More detail shots in the link.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=239828

sitnspin

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Amoral lust machine
« Reply #5 on: 14 Sep 2015, 12:45 »

Yea, I saw that one. Even that's outside my skill set. I'm impressed by people who can do that stuff. Now if someone had a step by step set of instructions, maybe.
I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #6 on: 09 Oct 2015, 10:10 »

So I think I am going to go as Rick from Rick and Morty for halloween.  I am trying to figure out the best way to make the portal gun.  I am more of a woodshop guy but making it out of wood may be too cumbersome.  Anyone here make an electronic device prop before?  I'd love to make the bulb on top light up if I could.

You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #7 on: 09 Oct 2015, 11:26 »

What is  your budget like? The first thing that comes to mind for me is getting a cheap dustbuster  hand vac. You might be able to find one at a thrift store too. Just glue or mount a dial and a piece of red plastic on it for the screen. The bulb would be a bit harder. If you can find a plasma globe that would do the trick, but it would be round, and might be hard to come by in short notice. It would also add at least $20 to the prop cost, most likely. But it would be the best looking. Alternately, hit the thrift and dollar stores again. Find a cheap plastic glass and some neon yellow paint in the craft department and paint the sparks on. That would be the cheapest but least attractive way to do it. You might be able to find a lighting kit at a hobby store near you. Combine that with the plastic glass for a better look.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #8 on: 11 Oct 2015, 21:44 »

There are online LED stores with quite a variety of options. The ultimate would be an ultraviolet LED with the sparks painted in fluorescent paint. There's plenty of room in a Dustbuster for a battery pack (kind of by definition).

The Harry Hart costume is mostly done, in time for Halloween. Now to learn how to tie a Windsor knot.

EDIT:
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2015, 21:34 by Is it cold in here? »
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.
Pages: [1]   Go Up