2013: A Link Between Worlds
- 1 (1.7%)
2015: Tri Force Heroes
- 0 (0%)
2017: Breath of the Wild
- 4 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Triforce Hero Club (A Legend of Zelda megathread!)  (Read 46111 times)

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
  • No time for Claireification

So I've tried finding a Legend of Zelda thread, but either I'm incompetent or the last one was a Skyward Sword thread back from 2010 and I didn't feel comfortable necroing that one.

So, welcome!

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
Re: Triforce Hero Club (A Legend of Zelda megathread!)
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2015, 14:59 »

I borrowed Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword from a friend of mine. Along with the Wii U that already has Wind Waker that another friend loaned me and Majoras Mask and Ocarina of Time which I have in my 3DS, I now have every console 3D Zelda game in existence at home. I won't see the light of day again.

Regarding this post, I'm still playing the Wind Waker, and I'm at a point in the game where the game feels like it's wanting me not to proceed. Don't tell me that the tool to enter Place A is in Place B which can only be opened through Place C just to find that Place A leads to a fetch quest for a guy who isn't at his original position anymore.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2015, 01:28 »

Wind Waker is a frustrating, unnecessarily long-winded, ridiculous and at times overly easy game, and I fucking love it, because I will complain every minute while I'm playing it but I must have completed it eight times.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
  • Lurker of Lovecraftian proportion
    • Obligatory Social Networking Page
« Reply #3 on: 05 May 2015, 02:56 »

The Wind Waker remake / rerelease did away with a lot of the fetch quest stuff which made it far more enjoyable to play. It's still fantastic either way though, in my opinion!

This thread is spectacularly well timed for me, been thinking about Zelda a lot recently to the point where I'm probably going to buy a PC-compatible N64 controller to play with some emulators. I downloaded a bunch of Skyrim mods a few days ago to give myself a Zelda soundtrack while I play, as well as a Zelda based addon with a ton of new items and enemies.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #4 on: 05 May 2015, 03:04 »

I never minded the fetch quest stuff in it honestly, my main issue was Tingle being like 'oh yeah I'll read those charts for you at like 800 bucks a pop. And by the way, there is literally no way for you get a wallet big enough to carry all the cash for all eight charts. Now go and start blowing Gorons for rupees.'

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #5 on: 05 May 2015, 03:33 »

Yea I think even the Tingle stuff was cut down / removed. All in all a much smoother experience, but it showed up how short the game was without it, unfortunately.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #6 on: 05 May 2015, 04:09 »

So where do I find the forest sage?

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #7 on: 05 May 2015, 04:11 »

Haven't you been to a forest place already? ;)

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #8 on: 05 May 2015, 04:11 »

Like I told you, the guy isn't there anymore.

maxusy3k

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #9 on: 05 May 2015, 04:16 »

If I remember right he is in the Forest Haven - or at least, on the Forest Haven island - but he's hiding somewhere or something. You can hear him playing his violin and I think he's in like a hidden cave. It's been forever since I played Wind Waker so I can't remember exactly.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #10 on: 05 May 2015, 11:14 »

I sorta checked out of the series years ago, but unless they've done something dramatically different with the last few, for a game series essentially about a doomed reincarnation cycle of loss and death, there's not *nearly* enough of Ganondorf as Bill Murray.

Half Empty Coffee Cup

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #11 on: 05 May 2015, 18:03 »

Wind Waker is a frustrating, unnecessarily long-winded, ridiculous and at times overly easy game, and I fucking love it, because I will complain every minute while I'm playing it but I must have completed it eight times.
"Ha"

As for the forest sage, you know where you're in the process of heading up to see the Deku Tree after landing? That first grapple point? Yeah, press the button to stop your swinging and slide down a bit. Then swing into the waterfall.
Mistakes, ahoy!

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #12 on: 06 May 2015, 00:48 »

"Ha"

I'm not saying it's a long game necessarily - but the Triforce shards/charts section is very long-winded and can be tedious, finding money for Tingle is the same, and changing the wind direction EVERY. FUCKING. TIME can seemingly take forever.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #13 on: 06 May 2015, 01:09 »

Thanks, Coffee Cup.

This message is coming from Tapatalk inside my phone!

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #14 on: 06 May 2015, 01:11 »

changing the wind direction EVERY. FUCKING. TIME can seemingly take forever.

In the remake, you can buy a sail that will change the wind direction automatically to the direction you're sailing.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #15 on: 06 May 2015, 01:15 »

changing the wind direction EVERY. FUCKING. TIME can seemingly take forever.

In the remake, you can buy a sail that will change the wind direction automatically to the direction you're sailing.

I know but that feels like cheating ;)

Anyway I don't buy remakes of games unless I never played the original. If I like a game enough to play it again, I'll play the first one.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #16 on: 06 May 2015, 04:56 »

Honestly, yes, it does feel like cheating, but it saves me the trouble of having to watch that goddamn animation over and over again.

Half Empty Coffee Cup

« Reply #17 on: 06 May 2015, 11:41 »

"Ha"

I'm not saying it's a long game necessarily - but the Triforce shards/charts section is very long-winded and can be tedious, finding money for Tingle is the same, and changing the wind direction EVERY. FUCKING. TIME can seemingly take forever.
I was just giving a pun its due. That said, finding money for Tingle is a chore? The places where you find the charts you need to decode in the first place are all flush with rupees.
Mistakes, ahoy!

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #18 on: 08 May 2015, 07:39 »

As for the forest sage, you know where you're in the process of heading up to see the Deku Tree after landing? That first grapple point? Yeah, press the button to stop your swinging and slide down a bit. Then swing into the waterfall.

Nobody in that cave

Half Empty Coffee Cup

« Reply #19 on: 08 May 2015, 20:29 »

Huh.

1. Is this a remake? If so, things may be changed around a bit.

2. Exactly what part of the game are you at? Have you learned a certain song from a ghost that calls itself Fado, or are you at some earlier part of the game?
Mistakes, ahoy!

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #20 on: 09 May 2015, 01:34 »

I learned both of the long songs, but it would appear that the game wants me to do another quest first (I need to bring harp girl to the earth temple), despite both being shown on the map as possible quests.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #21 on: 09 May 2015, 01:47 »

I also managed to not save my progress apparently, so it looks like I'll have to reopen the Nintendo Gallery AND do most of the Earth Temple again.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #22 on: 15 May 2015, 04:35 »

Goddamn, the bossfights in this game are so amazing

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #24 on: 20 Jun 2016, 09:04 »

Oh boy, Masterpiece is bumping this thread again.

So.

Breath of the Wild was formally announced, along with a huge amount of gameplay videos. Any thoughts?

I love the music in the trailer, but I'm not so sure about the fighting music.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #26 on: 13 Jan 2017, 09:27 »

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #27 on: 16 Jan 2017, 17:16 »

Finally got a chance to sit down and watch this. Sadly I'll be getting it on Wii U (Like I did with Twilight Princess on Gamecube)

ankhtahr

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • A hacker spathe night owl
« Reply #28 on: 19 Feb 2017, 16:24 »

So um, in the time I've been away I've bought a New 3DS XL, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, after a friend lend me his old DS and a flashcart to play A Link To The Past. I'm now completely hooked on anything Legend of Zelda. I got Majora's Mask before getting OOT, but I stopped playing it, to play them in order and finish OoT first. I'm currently in Jabu-Jabu's Belly.
Quote from: Terry Pratchett
He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organised a workers' collective.

Masterpiece

• Older than Moses
« Reply #29 on: 22 Feb 2017, 22:36 »

I love both of those games, but while I love Ocarinas sense of adventure, I 100%ed Majoras Mask because I just couldn't part with the story.

This post was sent from inside my phone!

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #30 on: 27 May 2017, 09:18 »

So I just got Breath of the Wild. It's a good thing the forecast for this weekend is rain, because I didn't anticipate doing much.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

A Duck

• Curry sauce
« Reply #31 on: 26 Aug 2017, 20:40 »

I'm not unbiased, but Breath of the Wild might very well be the best freaking game of all time. Even with some very perceptible problems.

Can't wait for the sequel.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #32 on: 16 Nov 2018, 12:34 »

Man I haven't played a LoZ game since Majora's mask. I'm tempted to get a switch and play BotW. I've heard its amazing.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #33 on: 28 Dec 2018, 22:06 »

So I picked up BotW and so far its just amazing.  It is an incredibly soothing game. I play it after the baby goes to bed and my wife likes to watch and help. Great way to decompress.  While in tutorial land (AKA The Great Plateau) there is a small lake next to the temple of time that has a tall small island on it with a sword in the stone there. I pulled the rusty blade and broke it over the head of a stalf. Considering I've been reading king arthur I thought this was a nice treat.  I was able to knock a moblin off a horse and take the horse and tame it. Looks like you can joust in the game as there is mounted combat. This game is enthralling. Wish weapons and shields didn't break though. I got the Hylian armor set and the Hylian Soldier(guard) outfit and they are nice.  The cooking is great fun. I started going on a shrine rampage trying to get more hearts and stamina which lead me to some higher level areas where a fish man (Zora) called me over to a stream and pointed me in the direction of the zoras saying the prince needs help.  This is awkward because I haven't gotten to that part of the main quest yet.  I just met Purah and she is adorable.

pretty much

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #34 on: 30 Dec 2018, 01:55 »

This is awkward because I haven't gotten to that part of the main quest yet.  I just met Purah and she is adorable.

That doesn't really matter. Most of the quests can be done in any order, and will cope just fine.

(click to show/hide)
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #35 on: 04 Jan 2019, 08:22 »

When and in what timeline does BotW take place? I have always assumed it took place after The Advenutres of Link in the Failed Hero timeline, since AoL is about preventing Gannon's return and BotW established that this prevention has happened for generations.
(click to show/hide)

I can't find anything definitive and that some at Nintendo said its not in any of the timelines. Which is fine too. I did watch MattPat's VG Theory video and although he brought up many interesting points supporting my idea, VGT has been more rumor mill than concrete theories for the past few years with many a harebrained "theories" regarding other games.

edit: ah I see that recently Nintendo said its at the end of all 3 timelines, but that that is subject to change as is everything in the timeline.

In an interview with Famitsu (translated by Siliconera), series producer Eiji Aonuma and Breath of the Wild director Hidemaro Fujibayashi explained the timeline isn’t set in stone, will almost definitely change again and is really open for each player to have his or her own interpretation.

So for you, where would you put the game in the timeline?
« Last Edit: 04 Jan 2019, 08:29 by LeeC »

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #36 on: 16 Jan 2019, 07:44 »

I love Kass! He's such a fun character even though he's just a quest giver. His music and story are just so awesome.

I am in need of some more shrines so I've been hunting him down and have finished all his quests save the blood moon one. Just waiting for a blood moon to happen.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #37 on: 17 Jan 2019, 15:14 »

Have you got the DLC? His music gets longer if you complete that, IIRC.

Also the DLC is fun on its own merit too.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #38 on: 17 Jan 2019, 23:27 »

When and in what timeline does BotW take place?

There are several occasions where NPCs tell Link the deep background of the story. The lack of any reference to previous games in any time-line strongly suggests to me that this is a parallel continuity with no connection with any other game; a soft reboot in other words.

The only other explanation that make sense to me is that this has been going on for so longer (far longer than the 10,000 years occasionally mentioned), that the origins of Ganon in the Dark Lord Ganondorf Dragmire, have long since been forgotten by even the wisest sage. The war has been going on for so long that it has defined history around itself and everyone has forgotten that there was a time before and how it began.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #39 on: 07 Feb 2019, 11:49 »

Does Revali in BOTW give off a Salieri from Amadeus vibe to anyone else? You know I mean when you get past the Falco from StarFox bit.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #40 on: 07 Feb 2019, 23:30 »

He definitely has a huge inferiority complex, that's for sure!
~~~~

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #41 on: 10 Feb 2019, 19:14 »

The final trial of the sword is rough....  :venonat:

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #42 on: 11 Feb 2019, 05:06 »

I found keeping as many ancient arrows as I could for the last room to be very helpful.

BenRG

• coprophage
« Reply #43 on: 11 Feb 2019, 05:40 »

I found keeping as many ancient arrows as I could for the last room to be very helpful.

Because having arrows containing plasma warheads is always great idea. FWIW, I think of the latest version of the Sheikah race as the 'Von Danikenites' because they're starting to fit into the 'ancient astronauts'/'lost ancient super-civilisation' tropes very, very well.

"There are those who believe that life here began... out there..."
~~~~

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #44 on: 11 Feb 2019, 19:31 »

I beat the trials of the sword!  :-D I had 2 ancient arrows to spare all said and done. I also finished getting the last of the horse gear. I need to go through and double check but I think I have done all side quests and shrines (120 shrines and armor of the wild done!). If so I need to find some more koroks to unlock all the bow and shield slots and then its off to Goron city to finish the last divine beast!

Side note: did anyone else dye the hylian tunic green to get a little more at home of feeling like link?

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #45 on: 12 Feb 2019, 01:01 »

Did you get the second DLC as well?

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #46 on: 12 Feb 2019, 06:38 »

Yeah. I was told trial of the sword was essentially chapter 5 1/2 of a 10 chapter story so I wanted to beat it first. I was told the other DLC was chapter 9 1/2 and that it would feel natural to go after Ganon when it is complete so I am waiting until I get the last Divine Beast taken care of.

edit: come to think of it I think someone (Zelda? Impa?) told me to go to the shrine of Resurrection after all 4 divine beasts were done for that part of the DLC so looks like I dont have a choice on when to do the 2nd DLC.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
« Reply #47 on: 12 Feb 2019, 11:40 »

Eh, you can do the second one before or after Ganon, you just have to do it after all four beasts.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #48 on: 14 Feb 2019, 06:14 »

Never played the original but I've heard good things about it. I will totally pick this up when I have finished BOTW and hopefully the original LoZ.

My Zelda experience pretty much boils down to:

LoZ: Played a bit as a kid but never finished
OoT: 100% completed when I was a kid
MM: 100% completed when I was a kid
BOTW: in progress.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #49 on: 26 Mar 2019, 10:58 »

Finished BotW. Was great! Was hoping for some epic makeouts at the end but oh well.   :-D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up