2013: A Link Between Worlds
- 1 (1.7%)
2015: Tri Force Heroes
- 0 (0%)
2017: Breath of the Wild
- 4 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Triforce Hero Club (A Legend of Zelda megathread!)  (Read 46102 times)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
Re: Triforce Hero Club (A Legend of Zelda megathread!)
« Reply #50 on: 11 Jun 2019, 12:17 »

Just announced today!

BotW 2, electric boogaloo
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #51 on: 11 Jun 2019, 15:17 »

Maybe you'll get your epic makeouts at the end of this one?
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #52 on: 11 Jun 2019, 15:39 »

One can only hope.

I hope its a co-op game, what with Zelda and Link going on a dungeon crawl together in the trailer. I doubt it. The mummy is probably going to abduct her and Link will have to save her again.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #53 on: 11 Jun 2019, 23:27 »

I looks like they're going to have a Taint Zombie Apocalypse sequel. I'm hoping that I'm wrong.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #54 on: 12 Jun 2019, 04:04 »

Re-watching the trailer, based off the pictographs on the wall and the look of the zombie, I think that mummy is Ganondorf! :-o

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #55 on: 12 Jun 2019, 04:17 »

One can only hope.

[[Image snipped for brevity]]

I hope its a co-op game, what with Zelda and Link going on a dungeon crawl together in the trailer. I doubt it. The mummy is probably going to abduct her and Link will have to save her again.

That comic strip is super-cute!

I think it is more likely that you'll generally play Link but, for some levels, will play Zelda if her scholar/mage skill-set is more useful. Either that or be able to choose Zelda or Link at the start of the game. Co-op isn't something that I really associate with the tLoZ franchise.

One thing I would like is for you to occasionally have NPC 'squad-mates' for certain specific missions. Local knowledge experts or guardsmen assigned by one of the Sheikah village elders. Or perhaps one of the ancient technology experts if the mission requires fixing some Sheikah tech.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #56 on: 12 Jun 2019, 06:21 »

tLoZ has had a few co-op games in the past for handhelds, so its not beyond the realm of possibility, but I think you're right. Its not a mainstay of the franchise and it may be a bit too big a thing to do for a game like Breath of the Wild.  I think for me, having BotW2 as co-op is just wishful thinking so my wife and I could play together.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #57 on: 12 Jun 2019, 07:19 »

With all the hype for the new Breath of the Wild I loved the little diagrams for A Link to the Past at E3

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #58 on: 12 Jun 2019, 07:52 »

With all the hype for the new Breath of the Wild I loved the little diagrams for A Link to the Past at E3

Never played it but I have watched some lets play of ALttP. Can you post a ling or the diagram itself? I am very curious.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #59 on: 12 Jun 2019, 08:18 »

i'm not really well-equipped for this conversation, but i should mention some speculation on my feeds that we're getting some Twilight realm in here.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #60 on: 12 Jun 2019, 08:28 »

Never played it but I have watched some lets play of ALttP. Can you post a ling or the diagram itself? I am very curious.

[tweet]1138660741462937600[/tweet]

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #61 on: 12 Jun 2019, 09:04 »

Oh. You said A Link to the Past, so I thought they announced that one too. I knew about Link's Awakening. I didn't play that either but I'm excited to try it.

i'm not really well-equipped for this conversation, but i should mention some speculation on my feeds that we're getting some Twilight realm in here.
It looks like Ganon Blight in the trailer. Who knows though. I'm just hyped to find out more.  :-D

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #62 on: 14 Jun 2019, 07:57 »

OX does a nice breakdown of the trailer and makes some interesting theories on the game.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #63 on: 18 Jun 2019, 10:50 »

Link: *walks to Hyrule Castle*
Zelda: Finally!
Link: *goes inside Zelda's room*
Zelda: Wait what?
Link: oh look, a book!
Zelda: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
 :mrgreen:

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #64 on: 27 Jun 2019, 18:59 »

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #65 on: 30 Jul 2019, 12:29 »

Saw this, had to share.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #66 on: 25 Sep 2019, 08:15 »

This is the crossover game I want:

Has anyone picked up Link's Awakening yet?

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #67 on: 01 Jun 2020, 12:26 »

I'm nearly done with Link's Awakening. Just one more instrument to go! For those that have played, did you end up going Blue or Red tunic? I went for Blue since I got the seashell sword already.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #68 on: 17 Jan 2022, 13:28 »

Interesting look at BotW's environments and how they connect to other games.

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo
« Reply #69 on: 18 Jan 2022, 12:15 »

Zeltik made a video recently that is quite similar:

I am not hiding. I am maintaining a respectful distance.

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
« Reply #70 on: 01 Feb 2022, 02:31 »

How the hell did I not come across this thread sooner!?
 For the music lovers, there's a variety of great LoZ remixes and arrangements over on https://www.ocremix.org

Also, there's a long running webcomic called A Tale of Two Rulers that focuses on the whatifs of a Zelda from a non-game cycle trying to prevent another war with the Gerudo (and preempt the reincarnation cycle violence) by proposing a political wedding with Ganondorf. Yes, Girahim, Zant, and Vaati are also present along with a young Linkle and seemingly the same Skull Kid to cause mischief.

I've gotten terribly behind again, so it's time to binge and catch up once more.

EDIT: Don't worry, there's no innane love triangle with Link. For reasons that will become clear upon reading.
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #71 on: 01 Feb 2022, 11:35 »

GameChops has some good stuff too. Zelda & Chill 1 and 2 are on my "listen to it at least a couple of times a week" list, and no doubt the third one coming this year will be too. Legend of Synthwave is good too.

There are also Mario/Pokémon/Metroid/FF albums too; I've listened to the Mario and Pokémon ones a lot, but I never really played any Metroid and FF so they don't have as much of a nostalgia-pull.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up