THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 15:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello world  (Read 5369 times)

Timemaster

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Master of Time
Hello world
« on: 04 May 2015, 23:53 »

Hello people,

My name is Marcus an I am new to the QC forum. So I think it is a good idea to say hello to you all and introduce myself. :-)

I am from Germany, 46 years old and I am a watchmaker.  That´s where my username comes from. I´m a single dad of a 15-year old daughter, a bit like Jim and Sam, only I don´t have former dominatrix as a partner. Actually I don´t have a partner at all right now, that gave me a lot of time to read old QC strips lately.;-)

Before becoming a watchmaker I studied Chemistry and Physics, so naturally I discovered QC coming vom XKCD. As (web-)comics go, I am a big fan of Doonesbury. I started reading it in the mid-eighties when the www and the word "webcomic" were not even invented. I had to import my Doonesbury books from the UK to Germany then. Those were the times...*sigh*
My avatar is Mike Doonesbury, to whom I bear some resemblence, physically and psychologically

I found QC about two months ago and stumbled right into Marty/Claire and the Faye-drama. I was hooked imediately by the very sensitive approach to the characters and by the elaborate artwork. By now I´ve read most of the strips, not in chronological order but by browsing around using the random button a lot. But I think i´ve found all the important pages by now.
Over the time I´ve become a big fan of Hannelore. I dunno why, but could connect to her immediately. Maybe because I have some issues myself, but who on QC doesn´t? So that´s hardly an explanation. Anyway, I could cuddle her everytime I see her in the strip (Which would of cause give her an immediate panic attac. Bad Idea.)
About the actual developements I am courious about Faye and her alcohol problem and about how getting fired from CoD affects the friendships among the group. Especially as far as Dora is concerned. I see a lot of potential in Claire and the group, once she and Marty come down from cloud seven. Also I am interested in Jeph´s thoughts about AIs and anthro-PCs. So you can imagine I am very pleased about the Momo-arc this week.

So thats pretty much it about me for now. My local time and the forum time differ about 10 hours, so new strips come up at about 3am for me. So I won´t be able to take part in the discussions when they pop up. But I hope to be able to provide some useful postings and thoughts anyway. I like the conduct in this forum (I´ve read the thread) and I think this is a good place. Please excuse my english, my last lesson was 25 years ago. But I´ve been able read The Lord of the Rings in the original, so it can´t be all bad. If someone finds a typo, he can keep it.

I hope you will welcome me to the fold. :-)

The Timemaster, Master of Time
Relax, it's just a comic.

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
Re: Hello world
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2015, 07:47 »

Mae croeso i bob gwneuthurwyr o oriorau yma. 

Welcome!
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Timemaster

• Master of Time
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2015, 09:41 »

Hallo celticgeek,

Vielen Dank für das herzliche walisische Willkommen. :-)

TM

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 05 May 2015, 15:14 »

Greetings!

*Melts your Lug Wrench*
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Timemaster

• Master of Time
« Reply #4 on: 05 May 2015, 22:33 »

Thank you too, Kugai.

But as an old Halflife-fan I´d rather go for Hannelores crowbar than for lug wrenches.  :-D

TM

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2015, 13:36 »

:-D
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #6 on: 10 Jul 2015, 14:07 »

Welcome, and please have fun here!

How many watchmakers are left in the world today?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.
Pages: [1]   Go Up