THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 13:20
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Queen of Fall - Which QC Girl Best Personifies The Season?

Claire
Dora
Tai
Faye
Hannelore
Veronica
Emily
Momo
Marigold
Cosette

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 2971-2975 (1st - 5th June 2015)  (Read 43688 times)

Perfectly Reasonable

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
Re: WCDT 2971-2975 (1st - 5th June 2015)
« Reply #300 on: 07 Jun 2015, 22:12 »

Sexist insults aren't allowed. That's not exactly a huge impost, I think. I, and I think anyone, can get by without violating this minor restriction, yet express themselves with suitable vigour.

If I may suggest an alternative - here's one containing every letter in the alphabet.

'Sir, you are an apogenous, bovaristic, coprolalial, dasypygal, excerebrose, facinorous, gnathonic, hircine, ithyphallic, jumentous, kyphotic, labrose, mephitic, napiform, oligophrenial, papuliferous, quisquilian, rebarbative, saponaceous, thersitical, unguinous, ventripotent, wlatsome, xylocephalous, yirning zoophyte'.

I pride myself on my vocabulary, and I think I understood about two words of that. My hat is off to you.
(Reaches for dictionary.)

What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #301 on: 08 Jun 2015, 10:34 »

"Where's the beef?" Was the catch-phrase from a Wendy's Hamburgers commercial in the early 1980's. 3 old ladies are inspecting a burger from a "competitor", complimenting the bun - but when they lift off the top they find this tiny hamburger patty.

That's when this old lady says the line, "Where's the beef?" Repeatedly.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined
« Reply #302 on: 08 Jun 2015, 10:39 »

*singing*
Immanuel Kant was a real pissant who was very rarely stable...
"Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could think you under the table..."

Ah, there's nothing like a Monty Python reference for the two or three of you out there in the audience.
Three at least though there may be more.
Most of us learned early on "How not to be seen"
and for the curious here is the whole little ditty
(click to show/hide)
A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.

Schwungrad

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #303 on: 08 Jun 2015, 14:01 »

Sexist insults
ithyphallic
Not sure whether it qualifies as sexist, but this definitely is a very sexualised insult :P .

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

TRVA123

• Duck attack survivor
  • Just waiting to jump in with a peninsula joke.
« Reply #305 on: 08 Jun 2015, 19:50 »

BTW, I don't think anyone commented on the fact that Claire answered the call from Marten's phone.  If she'd been as pissed off with him as some people conjectured, she would have let it ring.

I don't think Claire did pick up, though.  Faye's wording feels an awful lot like a voicemail to me.

I think if Faye leaving a voicemail was significant and indicative of coming turmoil Jeph would have emphasized it more.

And who knows, maybe he will in upcoming strips, but I feel that the moment passed, if indeed it was ever a moment.

I think it is a little sad how absolutely insistent people are that Marten and Faye's friendship will torpedo any relationship either one has because of "jealousy" or because Marten and Faye will "always have unpurged love or sexual tension" or whatever.

It is possible, it just takes maturity and self knowledge.

While I could see Claire not having the relationship experience to be able to contain jealousy (although I hope we don't go this route, plotline wise, as it is very similar to the Dora plot) I absolutely do NOT see Marten and Faye ever having a sexual/romantic relationship, much less waking up one day and realizing that they have been "in love for years!"

themacnut

• Vagina Manifesto
    • The Vanguard-Superhero Space Opera Action
« Reply #306 on: 08 Jun 2015, 21:03 »

Heh, Faye's alcoholism and the need it engenders in Marten to take care of her is going to be enough of a problem for his relationship all by itself, especially if there are more incidents like tonight (which there almost certainly will be). Like I said in previous posts in this thread, I think Claire's patience will only go so far. The only thing that will preempt the inevitable confrontation is if Marten gets sick and tired of cleaning up after Faye's drunken episodes and leaves her to face the full consequences of her next tumble off the wagon. Or perhaps Faye herself, realizing Marten's continuing willingness to care for her could cause further problems in his relationship with Claire, ends up moving out to deal with her problems on her own.

The Vanguard - superhero space opera

Oenone

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #307 on: 08 Jun 2015, 21:14 »

It is possible, it just takes maturity and self knowledge.

While I could see Claire not having the relationship experience to be able to contain jealousy (although I hope we don't go this route, plotline wise, as it is very similar to the Dora plot) I absolutely do NOT see Marten and Faye ever having a sexual/romantic relationship, much less waking up one day and realizing that they have been "in love for years!"

...maturity and self knowledge??

It's the absence of both that make me so concerned!

94ssd

• Only pretending to work
  • Hadouken
« Reply #308 on: 12 Jun 2015, 05:59 »

]"I can't believe it's not butter" I get. "Where's the beef"... not so much.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up