HOW?!?
- 0 (0%)
I choose to be soft
- 1 (16.7%)
I'm doing this again
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: multi-franchise which character are you personality quiz made with science  (Read 7121 times)

Gyrre

• Born in a Nalgene bottle

It's nice to see someone actually apply some semblance of science to one of thess.
[No, psychometrics is not dianetics.]

https://openpsychometrics.org/tests/characters/

EDIT: There's a link that will give your percentage results for all of the characters.
« Last Edit: 17 Aug 2020, 21:45 by Gyrre »
a real-ass gaddam sword
"Broken swords and dragon bones scattered on the way back home."

Too stubborn to die, just like the rest of my family.

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo

Apparently I'm one of the 'Mean Girls' characters :D
I am not hiding. I am maintaining a respectful distance.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

EDIT: Took it a second time, and this was the result:

•     Walter 'Radar' O'Reilly (M*A*S*H): 83% (Somehow, I find this amusing, and oddly correct)
  •     Glenn Rhee (The Walking Dead): 82%
  •     'Chief' Bromden (One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest): 82%
  •     Samwell Tarly (Game of Thrones): 81%
  •     Beatrice 'Beadie' Russell (The Wire): 81%
  •     Friar Laurence (Romeo and Juliet): 81% (This was my original top match)
  •     Landry Clarke (Friday Night Lights): 81%
  •     Timothy McGee (NCIS): 81%
  •     Samwise Gamgee (Lord of the Rings): 80%
  •     Dale Horvath (The Walking Dead): 80%
  •     Carl Grimes (The Walking Dead): 80%
  •     Peeta Mellark (The Hunger Games): 80%
  •     Jimmy Palmer (NCIS): 80%
  •     Francis Mulcahy (M*A*S*H): 80%
  •     The Tin Man (The Wizard of Oz): 80%
  •     Remus Lupin (Harry Potter): 79%
  •     Arthur Weasley (Harry Potter): 79%
  •     Hugo 'Hurley' Reyes (LOST): 79%
  •     George O'Malley (Grey's Anatomy): 79%
  •     Flynn White (Breaking Bad): 79%
  •     Ms. Sharon Norbury (Mean Girls): 79%
  •     Betsy Heron (Mean Girls): 79%
  •     Friar Tuck (Robin Hood): 79% (I notice a trend here... three Men of the Cloth in the top 30.)
  •     Matt Saracen (Friday Night Lights): 79%
  •     Grace Van Pelt (The Mentalist): 79%
  •     Forrest Gump (Forrest Gump): 79%
  •     Al Robbins (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation): 79%
  •     David Phillips (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation): 79%
  •     Kenny Stowton (Killing Eve): 79%
  •     Cameron James (10 Things I Hate About You): 79%
« Last Edit: 30 Aug 2020, 09:20 by jwhouk »
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek

Tyrion Lannister???   WTF???
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Gyrre

Tyrion Lannister???   WTF???
Don't worry, I got Dexter Morgan at 98% for my #1 result.
Dr. Jumba Jookiba at 96%, and Scorpius at 93%.

Which reminds me of two things; the phrase "I choose to be soft" and, I had intended this as a poll.
a real-ass gaddam sword

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!

I can kill you with my brain... I mean, I got River Tam.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Cornelius

• Duck attack survivor

My top 3: Rupert Giles (84%), Filius Flitwick (83%), and Brandon Stark (81%).

Number one in Firefly characters is Simon Tam (78%).

Do they have some table or graph about the results for the characters, or how similar they are? I couldn't find it, exactly, and I think it'd be interesting.
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul – and sings the tunes without the words – and never stops at all.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!

Aah, my top Buffy character was Willow, and my top GoT one was Tyrion.
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Farideh

• Global Moderator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • La li lu le lo

Top 3:

1. 90% - Ms. Norbury (Mean Girls)
2. 89% - Anna Bates (Downton Abbey)
3. 89% - Beatrice 'Beadie' Russell (The Wire)
I am not hiding. I am maintaining a respectful distance.

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter

1.Glenn Rhee (The Walking Dead): 91%
2. Peeta Mellark (The Hunger Games): 89%
3. Charlie Young (The West Wing): 87%
4. Miles O'Brien (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine): 87%
5. Dr. John Watson (Sherlock): 87%

dutchrvl

• Bling blang blong blung

Of characters I know:
1. Nick Carraway 90%
3. Arthur (inception) 88%
5. John Watson 87%
9. Bernard Lowe (westworld) 86%

There are some characters in between from NCIS, CSI, and Killing Eve that I don't know, so...
SOme others in the top-20: Davos Seaworth, Lucius Fox, Daniel Jackson (stargate), Bruce Banner, Leonard Hofstaedter, and Data.

I approve :D

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.

Anybody considering doing this, I strongly recommend you do the full-length test just because I found it really interesting.

My number one pick is fascinating to me because it is only very recently that I would have been willing to accept it.

My number one pick is Howard Wolowitz from The Big Bang Theory.

Like many others, I have for most of my life taken a pretty dim view of Big Bang as a show that was about people like me, written by people who aren't - an insulting, aggravating, rote rollout of a whole bunch of tropes.

I have given the show a bit of a chance since then and while it kind of still is all of the above things, part of why I hate it so much is because of how accurately it depicts what toxic masculinity among geeks looks like. I'm just not sure it's aware that it's doing that.

Howard previously was one of my prime reasons for not watching it because of how gross I thought he was, but watching it more recently, I don't mind him anywhere near as much as say, Leonard (also in my top 100) who thinks he is a nice guy while behaving at certain points like extremely standard awful men, the kind which you so commonly find in sitcoms.

Wolowitz also, I know, eventually matures, changes, commits to a relationship and becomes a parent; the writing of the show I think got a lot worse around the same time, but he at least learns some things.

As I scroll down through the list, however, I find a whole bunch of them that I either have previously outright stated I identify with (Boyle from Brooklyn 99, Chandler from Friends, George from Seinfeld, Forman from That 70s Show, Elliott from Scrubs), several that I see in this list and totally understand now that it's mentioned (Marla from Fight Club, Crazy Eyes from Orange is the New Black, Britta from Community), several that baffle me (Timon from Lion King) and some that feel like personal shots (Bella from Twilight, Alan from Two and a Half Men).
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Gyrre

My top 3: Rupert Giles (84%), Filius Flitwick (83%), and Brandon Stark (81%).

Number one in Firefly characters is Simon Tam (78%).

Do they have some table or graph about the results for the characters, or how similar they are? I couldn't find it, exactly, and I think it'd be interesting.
That's a really good question. I'm not entirely sure.

A big chunk of my top matches were anti-heroes, protagonist antagonists, and villains. So, probably?

EDIT: finishing the thought. 4 hours of sleep and a 12 hour shift don't mix well.
a real-ass gaddam sword

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page

This turned out essentially meaningless for me.  When it asked me to rate characters from the stories used, there was only one of the stories that I know at all (Harry Potter)!  So I skipped that bit.  And since I have no knowledge of any of the characters listed for me, it tells me nothing.  However, the scatter graph for my top hit also indicates a match which to my mind is hardly close at all, even though they labelled it 75%:

"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Gyrre

So I tried to get my results from the first time I took this and couldn't, so I took it again. You'll get some very different word pairs to rank yourself with. The optional additional portion will also give a different list of franchises, and the extended portion had a different format this time around.

I got different results this time around as well. A lot less 90 percentile matches. Bruce Banner is still in my top 10, though. Voldemort and several other villains are no longer in my top 100, either. I'm not sure if my lack of sleep has confounded the test results or if it's a combination of the different word pairs and different extended portion. But my top 3 results from last time got bumped out of my top 100 overall this time; Dexter Morgan got bumped down to #175, Dr. Jumba Jookiba to #461, and Scorpius down to #691.

It could also be that I barely had any politically charged word pairs this time around (no 'politically correct to edgy' scale amongst others).
I'll have to try this again once I've gotten better sleep.

a real-ass gaddam sword

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics

My top 20. I have no idea what this says about me, since I haven't seen most of these TV shows/movies. It does seem to be a bad sign that my second place match was the comic book guy from The Big Bang Theory...

The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

oddtail

EDIT: Embedding images doesn't seem to work. I guess I'll just type these out by hand.
-----
1. Leonard Hofstadter (The Big Bang Theory): 72%
2. Amy Farrah Fowler (The Big Bang Gheory): 70%
3. Felix Lutz (Westworld): 70%
4. Richard Hendricks (Silicon Valley): 70%
5. Oliver Hampton (How The Get Away With Murder): 70%
6. Felicity Smoak (Arrow): 70%
7. Samwell Tarly (Game of Thrones): 69%
8. Roland 'Prez' Pryzbylewski (The Wire): 69%
9. Ted Mosby (How I Met Your Mother): 69%
10. Arthur Weasley (Harry Potter): 68%
11. Molly Hooper (Sherlock): 68%
12. Daniel Jackson (Stargate SG-1): 68%
13. Chidi Anagonye (The Good Place): 68%
14. Dr. Shaun Murphy (The Good Doctor): 68%
15. Steve Brady (Sex and the City): 68%
16. Willow Rosenberg (Buffy the Vampire Slayer): 67%
17. Randall Pearson (This Is Us): 67%
18. Wesley Crusher (Star Trek: The Next Generation): 67%
19. Dr. Abigail Griffin (The 100): 67%
20. Cisco Ramon (The Flash): 67%
-----

So first of all, I'm apparently not close to any characters? Top one being 72% is pretty low, isn't it. How the Hell y'all seem to get results above 80% at the very least?

Secondly, I don't know all of these twenty and some of the ones I do, I don't remember very well. So I can comment only on the ones I remember better-than-vaguely:

1 and 2: I... guess? If you filter out the fact that every character on that show is an awful cartoon of what an actual person would be, I guess those track?
7. I can see some similarity in personality, I guess.
9. Hell to the no. 15-year-old me was pretty close, I imagine. Nowadays I'm nowhere NEAR that level of "creepy, self-obsessed, codependent creep".
13. Other than me not being a good person compared to Chidi, sure. I'll take it.
16. I don't really see her being *that* similar to me, but I don't oppose the comparison, either.
18. Sadly, I guess there's some similarity.
20. Hah! I freakin' WISH. I'm not even ten percent as "nerd cool" as Cisco.

EDIT 2: I notice a lot of characters I have above-average matches with are nerds of some description. While I don't disagree (at all), I question how much the test matches me up with those based on me being an indoors, nerdy guy. Those are *part* of a personality, but they're not the *entire* personality.

EDIT 3: also a lot of dorky, dweeby characters. Probably true, but I can't say I'm flattered.

EDIT 4: I swear I'm done with the edits after this one. A full 580 of characters are 50-60% similar to me. If I extend that to 45-65% similar, the number becomes as high as 870. A test that says I'm slightly similar to most everyone is... a bit disappointing. Unless I'm that bland of a person.
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2020, 12:35 by oddtail »

sitnspin

• Amoral lust machine

Whatever this list says about me.

1. Patrick Verona (10 Things I Hate About You): 89%
2. Tyler Durden (Fight Club): 87%
3. Rhett Butler (Gone With the Wind): 87%
4. James 'Sawyer' Ford (LOST): 86%
5. Han Solo (Star Wars): 86%
6. Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop): 86%
7. Nicky Nichols (Orange is the New Black): 85%
8. Maeby Funke (Arrested Development): 85%
9. Kara 'Starbuck' Thrace (Battlestar Galactica): 84%
10. Villanelle (Killing Eve): 83%

I'm a simple girl, all I want from life is to drink the blood of my enemies from their bleached hollowed skulls.
@syleegrrl

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn that Han shot first. That's the first rule of Cowboy Bebop: Orange is the New Black. Now get in your Viper and go get that girl in the wheelchair.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

oddtail

I've reread how people, statistically, rate their similarity to characters they are matched with.

What I find fascinating is that people tend to completely agree that a chracter is completely different from themselves, but only somewhat agree that there's a similarity (and rarely consider a character VERY similar to themselves).

I wonder why that might be. Is it that we tend to think of ourselves as unique, maybe more unique than we actually are? Do we see ourselves as more complex than others?

It'd certainly explain my strong negative reaction to being matched up somewhat closely with characters I don't like.

Gyrre

I've reread how people, statistically, rate their similarity to characters they are matched with.

What I find fascinating is that people tend to completely agree that a chracter is completely different from themselves, but only somewhat agree that there's a similarity (and rarely consider a character VERY similar to themselves).

I wonder why that might be. Is it that we tend to think of ourselves as unique, maybe more unique than we actually are? Do we see ourselves as more complex than others?

It'd certainly explain my strong negative reaction to being matched up somewhat closely with characters I don't like.

Taking the test again will change up which word pairings you get and which version of and franchises available for the extended portion.

Between that and confounding factors like wakefulness, mood, and interpretation of the words' meanings can als affect results.

My first time around I'd done it after work and I'd gotten a bunch of word pairings with politically charged words.
a real-ass gaddam sword

Pages: [1]   Go Up