THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 16:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

When will we get actual QC instead of rocketbutt?

Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Next week

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT 2986-2990 (22-26 June 2015)  (Read 18883 times)

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Re: WCDT 2986-2990 (22-26 June 2015)
« Reply #100 on: 25 Jun 2015, 07:21 »

No Marten, no. Faye working at The Secret Bakery would be a bad idea for so many reasons.

I'm struggling to think of a single one, to be honest.

1 - It continues her down the same path she was before. She was comfortable, but not really going anywhere with her job at the Coffee of Doom. She could use a shaking up of her status quo, not back sliding into where she was before she started drinking to excess.

2 - The Secret Bakery and Coffee of Doom trade beans for baked goods. Not to mention the cross over of friendships between the two  shops. Probably not a reminder Faye needs until she and Dora can reconnect, which should ideally be done on their own time, and not right not. Nor by being forced to interact through business.

3 - The culture of The Secret Bakery is way different than CoD. Faye would not be able to be her usual snarky self there, but actually treat customers with respect. This means a huge amount of stress for her.

4 - Now that Marten's suggested he help her get the job through his connections, that point is there. Even if Faye got the job on her own, the question will still remain , quietly in the background of her mind that she may have only got the job because Jim is sleeping with Marten's mom. While not at Dora's levels, Faye can be kind of paranoid like that. And it is a natural thing to wonder.

5 - Faye has wanted to do more with welding and art for a while, but is to afraid to step out of her comfort zone. Afraid enough that when flat out given the opportunity to make a lot of money with her art, she wanted to turn it down. If there is one thing Faye is very good at it's sabotaging herself to make sure things around her don't change, because she fears that change. Well now she's been kicked out and forced to change... Working another coffee shop would just let her go back and hide again.

I'm not saying TSB should be off the table as a job. I'm saying for Faye's own growth she would be better off finding work elsewhere, preferably doing something she enjoys doing. If money becomes an issue than yes, better to have a job that's not best for you rather than no job at all. But right now she has the opportunity to make some real forward steps. And working in another coffee shop would not be going forward.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #101 on: 25 Jun 2015, 07:28 »

Rule 34 obviously applies but in an interestingly different way: Look long enough and you will find someone who is sexually interested in anything, no matter how horrifying it may seem to nearly everyone else.
You're thinking of Rule 36.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
  • All Your Marriage Are Belong to Everyone
    • Singular Blues
« Reply #102 on: 25 Jun 2015, 07:45 »

It isn't the same, though. As welder, she can work a stable job in an established business, and while she wouldn't be making art or murder-chassis, she can get paid a lot more than as barista, and might even be able to negotiate better terms. (I'm still a little disturbed over how easy she could get fired, without any kind of security or compensation or anything, and apparently she didn't get paid holidays as assistant manager. And it was only because Dora didn't file the paperwork right away that her healthcare still covered her - that's just horrible.)  And it would be a job doing what she's good at - she might be good at making coffee, but her interaction with customers would be very out of place at any other place than CoD.

On another note: That one felt very classic - funny and serious at once, driving the plot forward, with a punchline provided by our favourite seabiscuit. Awesome!

Of course it's not the same, but Faye needs to learn to modify her behavior, anyway. There's sass and then there's assault. Faye tends to live near the latter most of the time. But, setting that aside, we know Faye has skills because she's an artist, but welding a sculpture and welding, say, a pressure vessel or load bearing member (cue Pintsize) is a whole different animal. She may not be qualified to do that as work.

Also, I've done a lot of writing, professionally. You know what kills the desire to be creative? Using your creative skill to do non-creative things. After a long day of churning text for a quality management system, the last thing I wanted to see was a keyboard.

All that said, I'm not saying Faye should run off to the Bakery, right now. That would be foolish. Marten's given her time, and she should use it intelligently to find work that doesn't interfere with her creativity (Obviously working in a coffee shop was doing that, for some reason). But going to work in another coffee shop isn't doom for her.

Throwing everything on the hope of a creative endeavor is super risky. Trying to join a certified trade is a huge time sink, and costs money. Given her current lack of income, that's another problem.

Obviously, this a fictional universe with strong AI, and kinetic scorn. The issues can be papered over. All I'm saying is that working in a coffee shop would not be bad for Faye. Not bad needn't equal best. I mean, she could become President, or CEO of Apple, or an astronaut. She won't, but it is fiction, so she could. Those would pay better than welding. Why not aim high?

Jim has plenty of reason not to hire her, anyway. That is, he's familiar with her. At the same time, she's been a positive influence on Sam, and she's half the reason for a successful partnership between the Bakery and Coffee of Doom. Storywise, Faye working there, and actually using the semi-familiar job as a means of expanding her life outside of work is just good for the comic, and potentially good for Faye.

I'm not arguing that these things must occur, or the comic is bad. I'm just disagreeing with the idea that not being bold is bad for a person in Faye's position. Trying to weld professionally or as an artist would be bold and super stressful. I'm an artist who is, literally, giving it away free and I'm stressed right the hell out because it was bold move. I have depression and abandonment issues, and if I had a drinking problem, I'd be hammered. As it is, I have a procrastination problem, which you can see I indulge in. This post ain't payin' no bills.

Tony Stark was right when he told JARVIS, sometimes you've got to run before you can walk. But to borrow another line from that movie (paraphrased) Faye is not Tony Stark.

(Get Raven and Emily together to work on the hardware and software inside Faye-built chassis, and you're on to something that will either save the world, or destroy it.)

emilygrrl

• Plantmonster
« Reply #103 on: 25 Jun 2015, 08:22 »

You know, it got me thinking... wasn't Faye the main selling point for Coffee of Doom, at least in the past? I wonder how CoD is doing, now that Faye is gone.
Quote from: Faye, strip 1462
Aww, it's been FOREVER since I've had to punch you! What a delightful wave of nostalgia!

Schmee

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #104 on: 25 Jun 2015, 08:25 »

You mean when CoD was mentioned in one of those trendy hipster magazines, and a heap of people turned up trying to get sassed? I thought that was ages ago - even in comic time.
work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder 
make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better 
do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster 
raise your ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #105 on: 25 Jun 2015, 08:43 »

It's technically their "selling" point regardless. That would spread by word of mouth and people would be interested in the bitchy bachelorette baristas. Obviously that fad has passed, but it's probably what people remind them from.

Still, Dora had established that and Faye has trained the newcomers in contempt up until her ultimate firing. So that's taken care of.
Meh, if you have to run fsck, you're already fscked.

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues
« Reply #106 on: 25 Jun 2015, 12:23 »

I think the Coffee at COD is the main selling point. I'd say something funny, but I got nothing.

Dora makes a good cup of joe. While they snark about (and sometimes do) serve less than standard stuff, their customers probably don't notice (the same way science proved that sommeliers can't tell "good" wine from cheap or will identify cheap wine as good if you change the label. All of those tests played on the subject's expectations.

It's not that all coffee is good and people are just stupid. It that CoD's coffee is good, and people rationalize when they get a substandard cup.

The CoD sass was what put the store on the map, but Hanners is just straight up nice, and Dale seems to be too chill for the old barista zing. Word was CoD was still growing, so odds are they outgrew that phase and the custom is there either out of nostalgia or because it's good coffee.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #107 on: 25 Jun 2015, 13:00 »

Yeah, but her coffee's nothing compared to this little place in Minneapolis...
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #108 on: 25 Jun 2015, 13:13 »

"What are we doing making meth?"
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #109 on: 25 Jun 2015, 15:33 »

Hmmmmm

I did suggest at one stage she was going to wind up as a Maintenance Worker on Hannerdads Space Station

The first rule of Robot Fight Club is you don't talk about Robot Fight Club
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

DillyDolly

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #110 on: 25 Jun 2015, 15:41 »

Huh... Don't know why, but I believe Pintsize is being serious—and not actually referring to himself.

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #111 on: 25 Jun 2015, 16:25 »

I feel this is a sign Faye might actually work as a robo-fightsuit designer.

I feel it's also incredibly likely she does this on the side whilst working at the Secret Bakery, at first, at least. That she'd apply to a job there makes sense in re-connecting her with Sam, as well as bringing Marten's mother's relationship with Jim into focus, even making the Dora situation be dealt with in some ways. Faye could deal with Dora in a professional manner, then go to an abandoned warehouse and see her designs demolishing the lesser creations of her rival robo-designers.

Oh god, that makes me think. Every horrific threat Faye's proven herself capable of thinking of, now applied to actual machines carrying them out. Faye's designs will dominate the arenas. Let's just pray the robots don't decide to turn against us.
There's at least a 27% chance I'm full of shit
synesthetictranslations.tumblr.com
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #112 on: 25 Jun 2015, 16:28 »

Might we see DeathBot again? THE KILLBOT WITH NO INDOOR VOICE?
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

osaka

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #113 on: 25 Jun 2015, 16:30 »

Well, we would have to kneel to our beloved Georgian overlord. Because I feel that if the robots were to turn against Faye she'd probably be capable of smashing them to their atomic components.

He's coming for spares to the all-so-raved about "Whitaker's Foundry of Pain".
Meh, if you have to run fsck, you're already fscked.

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #114 on: 25 Jun 2015, 16:31 »

I think we might, as a background character if nothing else. Mayhap he would be Faye's champion? I HIGHLY doubt she'd provide Pintsize with any actual weaponry. He had that once. He got thrown out of the AI cafe place, whatever it was, because of it.
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #115 on: 25 Jun 2015, 16:31 »

Maybe that's the guy Pintsize "totally knows." They do have a history.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #116 on: 25 Jun 2015, 16:35 »

The plot thickens!

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #117 on: 25 Jun 2015, 16:37 »

Thpeaking of thickening, can you imagine Faye and ... Whatzername, Renee? ... Working side by side, informing people things are on fire and comparing notes on Angus?

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #118 on: 25 Jun 2015, 16:47 »

Thpeaking of thickening, can you imagine Faye and ... Whatzername, Renee? ... Working side by side, informing people things are on fire and comparing notes on Angus?

Renee is apparently a 'bizarro Faye double,' if I remember the original line. It'S not a direct quote, it wasn't specifically about Faye/Renee, but the Secret Bakery staff as a whole.

This could be very interesting, but it would invite me to wonder exactly how precise a personality clone Renee is, whether that goes all the way to drinking habits, because that would be a spot of friction. Until they hit that snag, though, I'd be LOVING it
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

mustang6172

• Duck attack survivor
  • Citizen First Class
« Reply #119 on: 25 Jun 2015, 18:44 »

Please let this underground robot fighting be an arc!

Renee is apparently a 'bizarro Faye double,' if I remember the original line. It'S not a direct quote, it wasn't specifically about Faye/Renee, but the Secret Bakery staff as a whole.

This could be very interesting, but it would invite me to wonder exactly how precise a personality clone Renee is, whether that goes all the way to drinking habits, because that would be a spot of friction. Until they hit that snag, though, I'd be LOVING it

A personality clone of a different race isn't "bizarro" (unless you're either racist or bizarro not racist.)

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #120 on: 25 Jun 2015, 18:52 »

A personality clone of a different race isn't "bizarro" (unless you're either racist or bizarro not racist.)

I believe the exact quote concerned all of Secret Bakery.

It was from Marten, about how similar the two places were. If this is a racist statement, it's on Jeph's part.
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #121 on: 25 Jun 2015, 18:59 »

It's not a damn race statement, it's about how weirdly similar the two businesses were concerning staff.

It was weird for Marten to get kicked out of CoD by having broken up with Dora, only to have the next coffee shop he visited by a damn near identical copy featuring a sarcastic as shit barista and a thinner, hot girl in charge of her. That was what was meant by 'bizarre,' not the race issue.
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #122 on: 25 Jun 2015, 18:59 »

It's not bizarro-world, just alternate-universe.  And Hannelore's doppelganger is obviously Fairy Girl.

Personally, I'd like to know more about neck-tattoo guy.
You have not experienced Questionable Content until you have read it in the original Klingon.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #123 on: 25 Jun 2015, 19:02 »

She's one of the PATRIOTS.

(If we see her these days, her spirit is a little...deflated.)

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #124 on: 25 Jun 2015, 19:04 »

It's not bizarro-world, just alternate-universe.  And Hannelore's doppelganger is obviously Fairy Girl.

Personally, I'd like to know more about neck-tattoo guy.

Thanks for the correction. Like I said, it's what I rdmembered, and memory is fickle as fuck-all

In other news—

Hold up, Hanners ISN'T fairy-girl?

I mean, I know they boh appeared in the same panel one time, but Hannelore is magical in ways we can't presume!

I am unconvinced of their duality.
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #125 on: 25 Jun 2015, 19:12 »

Fairly girl is Penelope's third personality. (Her second personality is Penelope)

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #126 on: 25 Jun 2015, 19:23 »

Fairly girl is Penelope's third personality. (Her second personality is Penelope)

This is my favorite theory.
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #127 on: 25 Jun 2015, 19:44 »

The "guy" is PT410X. 

That's what really happened to his head

[/headcanon]
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues
« Reply #128 on: 25 Jun 2015, 20:01 »

Renee was not Faye's personality double. Padma was. Renee was Faye's physical double. Padma was closer to Faye's personality double.

The Bakery cast was a lot of the core cast all muddled together. Thinking about that group, I kind of don't see Faye working there. While that would definite bring more of the support cast back into focus, Elliot, Renee, and Hipster lumberjack aren't really anything and I'm not sure Jeph will want to draw all those baked goods.

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #129 on: 25 Jun 2015, 20:30 »

Renee was not Faye's personality double. Padma was. Renee was Faye's physical double. Padma was closer to Faye's personality double.

The Bakery cast was a lot of the core cast all muddled together. Thinking about that group, I kind of don't see Faye working there. While that would definite bring more of the support cast back into focus, Elliot, Renee, and Hipster lumberjack aren't really anything and I'm not sure Jeph will want to draw all those baked goods.

If Padma was Faye's personality double, then they've been missing a Faye for a while.

You say these characters aren't anything important, but I'd have said the same of Lavender Brown in Harry Potter prior to book 4. Ultimately, by the end of book 7, my initial consideration of her character was correct, but for at least those few chapters, she ws VITAL.

Maybe these baked goods have bizarrely-flavored insides we hAve yet to see.

I'm mostly in favor of Faye being part-time Secret Bakery, part-time Robot Fight Club.

One wouldn't be enough.

I'm greedy
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

solemnwar

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #130 on: 25 Jun 2015, 21:04 »

Padma seems to imply that their personalities are at least somewhat similar in the final panel of strip 1859. And the few times we do see Renee she seems to be kinda Faye-ish. I don't see Faye and Padma's personalities as being similar, either. To be blunt Padma is way nicer than Faye and easy-going. Faye's crass and hard to get along with even for people who like her.

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #131 on: 25 Jun 2015, 21:10 »

Padma seems to imply that their personalities are at least somewhat similar in the final panel of strip 1859. And the few times we do see Renee she seems to be kinda Faye-ish. I don't see Faye and Padma's personalities as being similar, either. To be blunt Padma is way nicer than Faye and easy-going. Faye's crass and hard to get along with even for people who like her.

First, WELCOME, NEW PERSON!

Second, good link. You are superior to me making statements I only partially remember.

Third, though, is where I'm not on-board. I'm remembering the business negotiations between the Secret Bakery and CoD. Those were between Faye and Padma, and in that moment, the two showed the same personality traits, headstrong, and quick to dismiss nay-sayers, even though the people telling to slow their roll were 100% correct, because neither character had any authority to argue their company's position.

Point being, Padma wasn't as easy-going as your comment might suggest. She had a side to her, though the whole 'sick grandma' thing softened it for sure.
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

Perfectly Reasonable

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #132 on: 25 Jun 2015, 21:35 »

I've never heard of anyone with a sexual kink featuring robot dinosaur coffee makers.

Actually, I was watching a video on YouTube last night where a seriously freaked-out woman was telling her colleague in some detail about all the human/dinosaur porn there is on the Internet.

You people scare me. (backs away slowly. Google is NOT my friend...)
The point I was trying to make is that what we know as Robot Combat is going to be pretty lame in the QC-verse.  There it will be dialed Up To Eleven. Do we really want to see Pintsize in a Faye-designed murder chassis? Dominating some hapless bot? I don't think this is what we mean by "Strong AI"...

What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues
« Reply #133 on: 25 Jun 2015, 21:46 »

I think its a good thing that Jeph, having created a set of clones of his main cast, proceeded to give them (at the least the two who got real screen time) traits that made them their own people. Padma was Faye, with a dash of Dora, but she was also just Padma. Elliot was Marten, but not. Hangdog, and a bit clueless, but not either of those things in exactly the same way as Marten.

It would have been easy for Jeph to just drop the gag and run with it.

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #134 on: 25 Jun 2015, 21:51 »

It seemed only in small ways that they were so similar. Elliot had the attitude, the 'oh, but the one I love is disinterested' of Marten, but also his own set of traits, kind, quiet, large and looming despite the personality.

Padma was in charge; Renee was snarky, but for the most part, in every other way, they were different people in every way. The 'alternate universe' line was largely a one-off comment that every strip since has proven more and more incorrect.
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #135 on: 25 Jun 2015, 23:21 »

Yes, thank you Jeph! We all knew that Pintsize 'knows a guy'! You didn't have to specify so in a strip!  :lol:

Seriously, I think that this is Jeph's way of confirming that Faye won't end up working for UURFC (Underground Ultimate Robot Fighting Championship). Pintsize encouraging or in any way proposing to enable such a plan would put Faye right off of it!
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Perfectly Reasonable

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Be nice to everybody. So you're better than them.
« Reply #136 on: 26 Jun 2015, 00:30 »

This could be very cathartic for Faye --- a way to channel her frustration and resentment into an area where she excels.
What would I do if I were smart?
I guess first I'd stop taking the stupid pills.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #137 on: 26 Jun 2015, 00:37 »

Like a lot of others, I hope this leads to something and isn't just a throwaway gag.
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #138 on: 26 Jun 2015, 02:05 »

Definitely. I want a Wing Chun robot with chainsaw butterfly-swords!
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #139 on: 26 Jun 2015, 02:56 »

I believe the exact quote concerned all of Secret Bakery.

It was from Marten, about how similar the two places were. If this is a racist statement, it's on Jeph's part.

Wow, that went to some ... interesting ... places.

Wildroses

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #140 on: 26 Jun 2015, 03:50 »

Well I'll say this for Pintsize. He doesn't hold grudges.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #141 on: 26 Jun 2015, 04:21 »

Well I'll say this for Pintsize. He doesn't hold grudges.

I think that Pintsize is more perceptive and understands Faye a lot better than most humans sometimes. He understands that she is battling with addiction and depression. He understands that this may lead to irrational and even violent behaviour but he does not see any purpose to treating this like a deliberate, reasoned act on her part. In any case, AnthroPCs are tough and hard to damage, so the 'no harm, no foul' rule certainly applies in his mind.

First and foremost, he is a friend who wants to help her. :angel:

If he can also advance his personal agenda of doing morally and ethically dubious things, well that's icing on the cake. :evil:
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Somnus Eternus

• Furry furrier
  • IT'S DEFINITELY LUPUS.
« Reply #142 on: 26 Jun 2015, 05:56 »

I think that Pintsize is more perceptive and understands Faye a lot better than most humans sometimes.

Pintsize is frequently the bomb, but he's usually so busy being the bomb in the most inappropriate way possible that people overlook it.

Also, I'm really, really, really wishing Faye would take this opportunity and the comic takes on a full-blown underground robot battling storyline, with Faye selling battle chassis on the black market.  It would be glorious.   I don't have much hope, but oh man....

Y

• Curry sauce
« Reply #143 on: 26 Jun 2015, 09:55 »

I wonder if Momo would disapprove, since that might not be so ethical that robots/AnthroPCs are used as cheap entertainment...

Actually, I was watching a video on YouTube last night where a seriously freaked-out woman was telling her colleague in some detail about all the human/dinosaur porn there is on the Internet.
Really? I think about dinosaurs every time I need to think about something non-sexual, as I know there is no porn (that I know of) available of it (and pterosaurs and dragons aren't dinosaurs).

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues
« Reply #144 on: 26 Jun 2015, 10:12 »

Really? I think about dinosaurs every time I need to think about something non-sexual, as I know there is no porn (that I know of) available of it (and pterosaurs and dragons aren't dinosaurs).

You forgot the most critical part of rule 34.

NO EXCEPTIONS.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #145 on: 26 Jun 2015, 14:05 »

I wonder if Momo would disapprove, since that might not be so ethical that robots/AnthroPCs are used as cheap entertainment...

Oh my. What a charmingly naive and peacefully oblivious life you must live. I am envious, truly. :)

Gladstone

• The Tickler
« Reply #146 on: 26 Jun 2015, 19:01 »

Amazon search: gay dinosaur erotica.
Also hetero stuff, if you're so inclined.
You have not experienced Questionable Content until you have read it in the original Klingon.

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #147 on: 26 Jun 2015, 19:35 »

I believe Emma Blackery on Youtube did some readings from a few. Search that on Youtube if you want to hear dino erotica as read by the Essex accent.
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues
« Reply #148 on: 26 Jun 2015, 20:07 »

As a nod to the historic nature of they day, set aside yout inclantions and stick with first link ;P

Y

• Curry sauce
« Reply #149 on: 27 Jun 2015, 03:33 »

You forgot the most critical part of rule 34.

NO EXCEPTIONS.
Wasn't Rule 35 that if there is no porn of it, it will be made?

Seeing the earliest publication date of those I wonder if they made that after I said that there is no porn of it many years ago. Back then people tried to find it for me as well but only came up with that Pterodactyl gif. I'm not sure if I should find a new sexless subject to clear my mind and guy problem.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up