Fun Stuff > MAKE

comics... real ones

(1/12) > >>

betteroffdead:
so does anyone else read actual comics (ie not webcomics)? tell me your favourites! as my avatar suggests, i am an xmen fan. some of my favourite comics are:

uncanny xmen
excalibur (1st version and new version)
exiles
generation x
mystique
xtreme xmen

i've also read some spiderman and ultimate spiderman. and, although i'm insanely pro-marvel, i've read a bit of the batgirl series...

happybirthdaygelatin:
hmm mmm, i prefer a comic in the hands.  more tangible or something like that.  i'm going to copy and paste seeing as how everyone in the comics thread completly ignored my actual comics part.

paper comics that i like and don't matter how frequently i read: x-men and a bunch of it's weird spinoffs, DC's Crissis of Infinite Earths, anything by jhonen vasquez (as he hasn't put anything out in print in years it seems like), flight, the battle royale series, the flight antholgies, sandman (argh all i have is preludes and nocturnes vol 1 and when i look for others there is always usually just further along volumes or when i do see vol 2 i'm poor). sin city, calvin and hobes, get your war on. i'm almost exclusively read trade paper back. i have some different starwars darkhorse series and some of the deadpool cable series but i really like to have all of the story at hand so i can read at my leisure.

also i have a punisher/wolverine comic but just the first volume. i'm really annoyed as it seems like a decent enough story from just the first. also i found the wolverine single comic #100 where he incredibly feral.

i've heard about a marvel special...mini series or what have you...where the universe just ends that i want to find. hulk is the last living thing and i've seen this amazing panel from it...

betteroffdead:
yes! haha wow you reminded me of other comics i read. where was my head when i wrote that first post? i love jhonen vasquez's comics! jthm, squee, i feel sick- all great. (although i haven't been able to find the second i feel sick). i read he was working on one or two new series but i don't know when they're due out.

and the sandman comics are great but i've been having almost the same problem! i only have both death comics ("the high cost of living" and "time of your life") as well as the manga. i really really want to read the main series, but whenever i go look for it they either don't have the first issue or i'm poor. good luck finding number two!

hmm i haven't heard of that marvel special... sounds interesting.

happybirthdaygelatin:
oh man, i use to go around school when i had too much coffee quoting noodleboy, or making up my own noodleboyesque sayings.  hehehe, the interactions between johnny and squee are some of my favorite.  the second one i managed to find at the same time as the first and i made sure to get both.

how are the death comics and the manga?  i remember eyeing them but then realizing i had tallied up sixty bucks in comics in less then five minutes as it was.

and i'm not too sure about the marvel special being an actual special or if it was just a special print or something.  it's just something i remember finding a (forgotten) link to on ebay.

betteroffdead:
the death comics are exceedingly good! i found the death manga (ah i forget the actual title, but there's only one) when i was manga-browsing and impulsively bought it. i loved it so much that i started looking up more sandman and death-related stuff, and soon purchased both death comics.

ahaha and i definitely know what you mean about nny-squee interaction. this is one of my favourite scenes. plus when nny appears in squee #4 at the sleep center thing. so great. and god i used to know all these random noodleboy sayings and just shout em out at inappropriate times... but i forget them now damn... i have to reread jthm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version