• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Eye of the Warbot! Who is Bubbles?

A champion waiting a beleiver to make her want to compete and win
A noble pacifist trying to help those who are hurt, even by their own will
A sufferer of robotic PTSD who has opted out of society, preferring to do what good she can in the shadows
A hypocrite who claims high standards but takes money from Corpse Witch because it's there
A lost soul who needs a friend and a purpose
An undercover FBI robot looking to expose and sink Corpse Witch's operation
Other (explain in comment)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Strips 3021 to 3025 (10 to 14 August 2015)  (Read 44634 times)

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
Re: WCDT Strips 3021 to 3025 (10 to 14 August 2015)
« Reply #150 on: 12 Aug 2015, 23:30 »

I wonder how much of Sven's epiphany was due to the fact that Faye turned him down. I think it may have forced him to realise just what a shitty man he's been for years, relying on his natural charm and charisma to get him out of problems caused by his shallowness. That's a tough thing to realise about yourself and he may have realised that the time had come to really change his nature if he actually wants to find happiness. I forget exactly where but one of the early Sven strips had him being practically ravished by a woman and basically turned off and upset about it - it was my conclusion that his lifestyle never really made him happy in any real way.

Of course this sudden change is going to be even more unexpected to Dora, who has all these preconceptions about Sven, some of which are more than justified. I wonder is she's going to accuse him of being a pod-person?
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

anahata

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • Never knowingly understood
« Reply #151 on: 13 Aug 2015, 00:02 »

All very well but how long is it going to last?
Which will happen first: Sven reverting to his usual ways, or Faye falling off the wagon?
It's Okay! I just won't touch any machines!

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
  • All Your Marriage Are Belong to Everyone
    • Singular Blues
« Reply #152 on: 13 Aug 2015, 00:10 »

It doesn't matter. In less than 58 months, the virus will be released.

QuestionableIntentions

• Obscure cultural reference
« Reply #153 on: 13 Aug 2015, 00:12 »

I think it may have forced him to realise just what a shitty man he's been for years, relying on his natural charm and charisma to get him out of problems caused by his shallowness.

What? How does that make him a bad person?

It honestly just sounds like people are jealous that he had it easy.

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues
« Reply #154 on: 13 Aug 2015, 00:37 »

There are two schools of thought there:

1: Dora and Sven are telling the truth about what amounts to the majority of their lives, which all occurred before comic 1.
2: Nothing counts but what is in the comic.

No adherent of one school has changed to the other.

TheCollector

« Reply #155 on: 13 Aug 2015, 00:46 »

It doesn't matter. In less than 58 months, the virus will be released.
That is 5 years y'know. Pretty much a long long time. lol

Tichy

• Not quite a lurker
  • is the next leading brand
« Reply #157 on: 13 Aug 2015, 03:27 »

That's douche hair, that is.

How many more appearances of Sven until all of us can move on from a friggin' hairstyle? I mean, I'm obviously not in charge of how to use the forum and hurray for freedom of expression, but from my point of view there really isn't anything to be added.

If you extrapolate the development of the comic time/real time ratio, some of us might not live to see the fruition of Hanners 5-year plan!

PS: I don't have a man-bun - at least not since the incident...

TheCollector

« Reply #158 on: 13 Aug 2015, 03:30 »

http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2443
Yes I know. That's why I said 5 years. lol

Also, I was looking through the archive, and two things. One, Tai's weight is def just art change, I mean look at Faye the first year. Twig. lol

Secondly, am I the only one who finds it kinda amusing that Tai's design resembles the way Faye looked in the beginning. lol

Tichy

• Not quite a lurker
  • is the next leading brand
« Reply #159 on: 13 Aug 2015, 03:40 »

I forget exactly where but one of the early Sven strips had him being practically ravished by a woman and basically turned off and upset about it - it was my conclusion that his lifestyle never really made him happy in any real way.

I think that was Gina Wintersmith, and if I recall correctly it was what triggered the falling out with Faye. The way I understood it, him being reluctant (or having "moments of reflection") hinted towards developing feelings for Faye. Still, he didn't have the spine or willpower to break the momentum of the whole thing, which makes sense because the sex drive has a lot of power and (at the time) he didn't really have much of a moral fibre to help while his brain was otherwise distracted.

ASB84

« Reply #160 on: 13 Aug 2015, 04:14 »

I'm enjoying seeing this arc get attention. I like the writing and the interactions and everything, and it's good to see character development on both sides: Dora listening to her friends' counsel and advice, Sven being aware of his mistakes and accepting responsibility for his actions. I'm glad that it's something that's been returned to. BUT...

But, I'm a little bothered by Sven's portrayal as the "villain" here. He admits to be a shitty brother. He's not entirely wrong there. He's not entirely right, either. He's been a bit of a lousy person at times, but a lot of the "shitty brother" stuff really seems like it's more on Dora than Sven. Consider the main points of contention...

1. Dora resents the fact Sven has had it easy

We’ve heard that Sven has had an easier time at school, socially and academically, than did Dora. This seems to have continued into his professional life as well; success seems to have come easy to him. Now, it’s entirely possible Dora is selling Sven short on how hard he’s actually worked to make that all happen, which makes understandable pangs of jealousy more of a case of sour grapes. But let’s say things just have come to him a bit easier…that’s nothing he’s actually done to Dora. That’s him living his life.

2. Dora’s friends in high school

Specifically, the fact they were only hanging out with him to hook up with Sven, and when things ended with him, she lost their friendship. You can definitely sympathise with Dora there, that must’ve felt lousy, and if we’re to assume that Sven wasn’t the most upstanding guy in high school either, he bears some responsibility for relationships ending badly and the friendships souring as a result. All the same…I think the really lousy people in that situation are the girls who faked a friendship with Dora because they fancied Sven, and when the flings ended, dropped all pretence of being friends with Dora. They’re the genuinely shitty ones in that scenario, offering false friendship and withdrawing it once they got what they want (or didn’t get what they want, as the case may be).

3. Sven and Faye Incident #1

The fact that they hooked up in the first place. Dora immediately assumed that it was meant to hurt her, due to her own insecurities…instead of two adults who both had a connection to her happening to hook up because of their own reasons (mostly alcohol, probably). Considering that Sven hadn’t made a move on Faye at the time, and had been respectful of Dora’s wishes that he not date any of her friends or staff (he rebuffed Raven’s advances on several occasions, citing that agreement), it wasn’t a jerk move on his part, or a particularly rational response on her part. It was really more about her own issues than anything he’d done.

4. Sven and Faye Incident #2

This one’s understandable, but I think it’s also more complicated than Dora and the other main characters made it out to be. Sven hurt Faye, and he’s a jerk for that. However, she also made it clear that it wasn’t a relationship, yet still wanted it to have the standards of one (a monogamous relationship, that is). As such, Sven is treated as having cheated on Faye, when they weren’t exclusive or even really dating. It’s implied that Faye possibly wanted more deep down, as did Sven, in which case he should’ve resisted the temptation. It doesn’t mean he wasn’t inconsiderate or a jerk or anything like that, but to some extent, Sven copped flak for something he didn’t really do: cheat on a partner he was exclusive with.

4. Sven and Faye Incident #3

Sven does act like an entitled jerk (going back on previous character development, but nevertheless, it is what it is within the canon), and seems to believe that confessing that he loves Faye will somehow win her over. Again, kind of a weird direction for the character to take given some of the stuff that happened previously, but you can kind of see how we came to that. Sven’s actions are stupid, misguided, and coming at an inopportune time, since Faye’s relationship is about to take a hit it can’t recover from. Sven doesn’t know that, and Faye kind of brought her relationship troubles on herself by not being honest and open with Angus, but it doesn’t change the fact that Sven’s terribly misguided there. Faye is/was Dora’s friend, so she sees it as the last straw…though she does hear about it all second-hand from Cosette.

5. He hasn’t handled relationships well in the past

We’ve had a couple of examples of him being a bit of a lousy boyfriend, gutless in breaking things off, and things like that. It’s behaviour that Sven and indeed anyone deserves to be called out on, and since Dora has had some bad relationships of her own, it’s understandable that it would touch a nerve.

So, here’s the thing: while Sven isn’t blameless, and has done some lousy things, few of them have been to Dora directly…at least, in the time that we’ve known them. There’s obviously been sibling rivalry and arguments growing up, but if we’re going to excuse Claire and Clinton for that stuff, then Sven and Dora should get a pass, too.

Now, that doesn’t mean Dora can’t object to his actions and attitudes, and feel hurt by them, as a sibling, as a woman…hell, as a human being. Sven’s no saint, and he’s given Dora reason to be critical. But a lot of the problems she has with him seem to come from her own insecurities and jealousy, as well as the decisions and actions of third parties (Faye, fake friends in high school, the country music industry), and her inability to control everything. It’s more about her issues than anything he’s done.

Let’s also consider the positive aspects of their relationship:

1. Early on, they’re shown meeting up for dinner, and it’s implied to happen somewhat regularly. If nothing else, they seem to know what’s going on in each other’s lives, and be on friendly terms.

2. As mentioned before, Sven does respect Dora’s insistence that he not date or hook up with any of her friends and/or employees. He does eventually hook up with Faye, but let’s face it, they’re adults, and they didn’t do it to hurt Dora. For the most part, he kept his word on this.

3. The “pretend date” with Hannelore. He kept his word, he was a gentleman, he did something nice. There appeared to be some genuine character development there, we saw a good side of him, and Dora and Faye seemed to appreciate that he did the right thing.

4. While the relationship was ultimately doomed, his advice to Marten after the Underwear Hugging Incident was well-meaning, probably helped in the short term (long term, Dora’s issues torpedoed the relationship), and showed genuine concern for his sister.

5. After the break-up, he gave Dora place to stay, and they seemed to be working out some of their issues, as therapy helped Dora see how she shared responsibility for the rivalry and tension…in one strip, she even apologised to him for it! There were a few strips there that showed despite their differences and issues, they did care for one another, and didn’t have too bad a relationship when it came down to it. I mean, we’ve seen more bickering and annoyance with one another from Claire and Clinton in about 1000 strips compared to the 2500+ strips that both Dora and Sven have been around.

So yeah…I don’t know. I’m not saying that Dora’s completely in the wrong, or that Sven’s actions shouldn’t have any effect on their relationship, but…I don’t think he’s the villain Dora – and the narrative, to some extent – is making him out to be.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #161 on: 13 Aug 2015, 04:43 »

Dude, I fucking love that movie, but can we please not get into the singing?
Conceal don't feel, don't let them know? :-D
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #162 on: 13 Aug 2015, 05:24 »

All very well but how long is it going to last?
Which will happen first: Sven reverting to his usual ways, or Faye falling off the wagon?

Uh, Faye already fell off back here...

And it was Gina Riversmith. Supposedly a combination of Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, and Kelly Clarkson.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

TheCollector

« Reply #163 on: 13 Aug 2015, 05:27 »

Conceal don't feel, don't let them know? :-D
Well now they know? :p

dexeron

• My Twitter
« Reply #164 on: 13 Aug 2015, 05:30 »

Re: Sven's Hair,

I speak from experience.  I once had that hair.

NO ONE SHOULD HAVE THAT HAIR.

EDIT:

OMG OMG OMG THE THINGY UNDER MY NAME CHANGED!!

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #165 on: 13 Aug 2015, 05:32 »

But, I'm a little bothered by Sven's portrayal as the "villain" here. He admits to be a shitty brother. He's not entirely wrong there. He's not entirely right, either. He's been a bit of a lousy person at times, but a lot of the "shitty brother" stuff really seems like it's more on Dora than Sven. Consider the main points of contention...

[Lots of incredibly well-thought-out and reasoned support for statements].

So yeah…I don’t know. I’m not saying that Dora’s completely in the wrong, or that Sven’s actions shouldn’t have any effect on their relationship, but…I don’t think he’s the villain Dora – and the narrative, to some extent – is making him out to be.

We don't have their childhood on screen, but honestly, aside from Dora having shitty people using her to get to Sven, it sounds pretty much like their problems were perfectly normal "we're siblings and we're not always going to get along" stuff.  Sven teased Dora and stole her toys, Dora resented how easily stuff came to Sven when she had to bust her ass off to get less, hooray, siblings.  We don't hear of anything Dora did to get back at Sven, but then, we've mostly heard Dora's perspective on it.  The thing is: Sven is not a shitty brother now.  Maybe he was in high school.  Maybe he knew that the girls were just being "friends" with Dora to get with him and didn't care.  Maybe he knew that Dora was struggling with the comparisons and didn't even try to fix it by helping her out somehow.  I'd be very interested to see what Sven's perspective on their childhood is.

Sven can be a shitty human being, but if losing Dora is what gave him the kick in the ass to realize that and try to change it?  That tells me he cared a lot about his sister, which is supported by him respecting her laying down the law about staying away from her employees/friends and doing his best to be helpful in her relationship issues with Marten.  I don't know that I buy that he's in love with Faye, and I certainly don't buy that this most recent bout of sincerity and self-reflection was caused by her failure to throw herself into his arms when he declared his love.

94ssd

• Only pretending to work
  • Hadouken
« Reply #166 on: 13 Aug 2015, 05:33 »

I mean I understand Sven isn't exactly a role model. But cutting him off for weeks probably, and forcing him to apologize before you'll talk to him again is out of proportion if you ask me. I mean, why? Because he has a lot of casual sex? Because he never learned how to have a healthy relationship? He never committed a crime, he never intentionally hurt anyone, but he has to either self-flaggelate or lose his only sibling?

I've never really disliked Sven. Nor have I ever thought he was a 'shitty human being' at any point in the comic except maybe the ex in the bar thing a long time ago. And I feel sorry for him now.You don't just cut off your family because they were kind of a prick, especially when they're trying to change. This has much more to do with Dora's anger and jealously than it does Sven's supposedly horrible behavior.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #167 on: 13 Aug 2015, 05:49 »

@94ssd,
The problem, for Dora, is that Sven became symbolic of every way in which her life has gone wrong. He had it easy (or at least she perceived it that way) in every way that she had it hard. It's a very, very easy and human flaw to feel bitter towards people in those circumstances.

Because of this, Dora has always had a short fuse where Sven has been concerned. The few times that he did bad things associated with her 'on screen' were just further gasoline thrown on a pre-existing fire. There's no surprise that she finally just wanted him (and the mental and emotional stress that the simple fact of his existence causes her) out of her life.

Ironically, though, it is at least as much her issues as his.

FWIW, I think it is to Sven's credit that he's mature enough to recognise that, when making and keeping the peace with his little sister, pride doesn't come into it and nor does who is 'right'. What matters is making peace. If that requires apologising (effectively for existing), then so be it. We can see how effective it was in today's strip!
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

CaptainFish

• Larger than most fish
  • GLUB
« Reply #168 on: 13 Aug 2015, 06:20 »

I agree with ASB84's assessment of Sven, I usually go back to Marten's reaction to his break up with Faye as how I look at his character (and most characters in the strip when they do something 'wrong').

I have this sinking feeling it's going to be revealed that Dora talked to Sven about Faye's relationship troubles before he dropped the bomb. I really hope not, but the narrative does seem to be trying to hammer home that he deserves this. I'm sure there's a dozen reasons that wouldn't make sense, but I feel better just putting it out there.

One thing I really appreciated about Tai's original wooing of Dora is her assessment of how awesome Dora is for having her own business and running it how she likes it while making it successful. I'm hoping that sort of support will shore up her self-esteem, and stop her from making comparisons with her brother's career, which not even he is proud of.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #169 on: 13 Aug 2015, 06:41 »

I think that Sven is probably over reacting when he says 'everything is my fault'. Sort of an over correction from his 'don't have to do anything and I still have an awesome life' days. He's growing, which is good. But blaming himself for Dora's issues is not really a help either. Hopefully Dora will counter with 'No no.. I've been a jerk too.' and the two of them actually talk and reconnect some. Dora's made a lot of work on her feelings of insecurity and blame shifting. Still more to do of course, there always is. But she's not flying off the handle at the suggestion she might be wrong as often, and is actually taking Tai's advice to heart.

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues
« Reply #170 on: 13 Aug 2015, 06:45 »

I mean I understand Sven isn't exactly a role model. But cutting him off for weeks probably, and forcing him to apologize before you'll talk to him again is out of proportion if you ask me.

Nobody forced him to apologize.

Just because he offered an apology, it doesn't mean there was a gun to his head. Reread the comic. Dora says three words. Actually, two and placeholder. There's no evidence that Dora put any preconditions on their meeting. Her first draft was "Hey, bro. We should talk."

Further, Sven didn't engage in any "trying" for Dora's sake, that we are aware of. He just did his own thing and tried to be a good friend to Hanners. Hannelore brought Sven's behavior to Dora, and Dora brought it to Tai. The feedback she got was nothing to do with Sven trying to appease her.

Dora is right to assess that she might be being stubborn. It would be one thing if Sven was trying to telegraph an apology to get her to talk to him, but he wasn't. Dora didn't make Sven do anything, and Sven didn't (that we are aware) try to manipulate Dora into changing her position.  So far, we have no evidence that anyone is trying to hold anything over anyone or force anything.

cesium133

• Preventing third impact
  • Has a fucked-up browser history
    • Cesium Comics
« Reply #171 on: 13 Aug 2015, 06:48 »

Technically her first draft was "Hey, asshole. We should talk."  :-)
The nerdy comic I update sometimes: Cesium Comics

Unofficial character tag thingy for QC

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues
« Reply #172 on: 13 Aug 2015, 06:51 »

Technically, that was an edit courtesy of Steve Jobs.

Xader

• Plantmonster
« Reply #173 on: 13 Aug 2015, 08:20 »

MAAAAAN-BUUUUN! AAARGHHHHHH!!!!

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
« Reply #174 on: 13 Aug 2015, 08:58 »

I don't have an issue with man-buns in general (although why can't it just be called a bun? We shouldn't have to masculinise everything declared feminine so it's acceptable for men too), it's a good style for getting long hair out of the way. However Sven does not have enough hair to make a proper bun.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #175 on: 13 Aug 2015, 09:16 »

suuuurrrrre it was autocorrect ... though some of those do "correct" based on the user's past word-usage patterns, or the autocorrect's interpretation thereof.
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #176 on: 13 Aug 2015, 11:09 »

She said it was auto replace. As in she told it to replace the word 'bro' with 'asshole' every time she typed it in.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #177 on: 13 Aug 2015, 11:11 »

More than likely she went into settings and made "bro" a shortcut for "asshole". That's the only type of autocorrect I use and exclusively for swear words.

Example: bs becomes bullshit.

Edit: god damn it ninja_ali :wow:
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #178 on: 13 Aug 2015, 11:17 »

nyahahah! *drops a smokebomb and retreats to the ceiling to await the next sneak attack*

Thrudd

• Scrabble hacker
  • Sucess Redefined
« Reply #179 on: 13 Aug 2015, 11:51 »

You know what to do.  8-)
Let it go? :parrot:
But I don't wanna hold it back anymore. :p
So that's what that smell was.
No, as always, that Funky smell was Russell.
A good pun is it's own reword.
There is a difference between spare parts, extra parts and left over parts.

The Venn diagram  for Common Sense and Good Sense has very little, if any, overlap.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #180 on: 13 Aug 2015, 14:19 »

Sven and Dora

Violence optional
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

toffee-skye

• Emoticontraindication
  • cryborg
« Reply #181 on: 13 Aug 2015, 14:31 »

i like Sven's hair.

*scurries back to lurking*
my name is Anna and i like people, places, and things.
current MRes student and serial timewaster

DonInKansas

• FIGHT YOU
  • Grammar Nazi
« Reply #182 on: 13 Aug 2015, 15:50 »

PS: I don't have a man-bun - at least not since the incident...

You are Nobutada from The Last Samurai?   :psyduck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83_Gq47n3-0
I mean, it would still suck, but at least it would suck creatively.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues
« Reply #184 on: 13 Aug 2015, 17:06 »

suuuurrrrre it was autocorrect ... though some of those do "correct" based on the user's past word-usage patterns, or the autocorrect's interpretation thereof.

I never said it was autocorrect. I just said her iDevice did it for her. Past actions are not current actions. The time you (I mean you, specifically) intentionally committed a crime (and everyone has thanks to human nature and the proliferation of laws) does make every subsequent act criminal. That time you said something with intent only to later discover it was hurtful doesn't mean you intend to say hurtful things when every you speak. The funny autoreplace, be it auto generated by your patterns or added by you, does mean that what you intended to write this time.

Technically Her phone wrote asshole. She said what she intended to do, and stated that the autoreplace had outlived its purpose.

DSL

• Older than Moses
    • Don Lee Cartoons
« Reply #185 on: 13 Aug 2015, 18:31 »

Was the sense of humor surgically removed or just neglected?
"We are who we pretend to be. So we had better be careful who we pretend to be."  -- Kurt Vonnegut.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
« Reply #186 on: 13 Aug 2015, 19:11 »

Comic's up!

D'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

ASB84

« Reply #187 on: 13 Aug 2015, 19:26 »

Well, that's...moving in the right direction, even if Sven is still being portrayed as more villainous than he probably should be. I do like that Dora mentions trying to be a better sister, though.

ReindeerFlotilla

• Scrabble hacker
    • Singular Blues
« Reply #188 on: 13 Aug 2015, 19:31 »

Was the sense of humor surgically removed or just neglected?

It wasn't funny.

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #189 on: 13 Aug 2015, 19:34 »

I'm in favor of today's comic for purpose of development.
There's at least a 27% chance I'm full of shit
synesthetictranslations.tumblr.com
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

Is it cold in here?

• Administrator
  • Awakened
  • He/him/his pronouns
« Reply #190 on: 13 Aug 2015, 19:36 »

How long before autocorrect starts a war?
Thank you, Dr. Karikó.

chaospersonified

• Duck attack survivor
  • My brain's wired weird
    • My art blog
« Reply #191 on: 13 Aug 2015, 19:38 »

How long before autocorrect starts a war?

According to The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch, we have a few weeks left.
There's at least a 27% chance I'm full of shit
synesthetictranslations.tumblr.com
AlsoPersonifyingChaos

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #192 on: 13 Aug 2015, 19:56 »

I need only reference chapter 31 of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #193 on: 13 Aug 2015, 20:00 »

I know exactly what you're referring to, but I don't remember the line itself.

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

bhtooefr

• Older than Moses
  • ⌘-⌥-⌃-N
« Reply #194 on: 13 Aug 2015, 20:19 »

"I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle."

http://www.cgoakley.org/vlhurgs/index.html

Near Lurker

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #195 on: 13 Aug 2015, 20:54 »

I imagine he pronounces his name like Ole's friend Sven.
After seventeen years, once again, sort of a lurker.  (he/him)

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #196 on: 13 Aug 2015, 21:30 »

Well, it seems that if nothing else, Dora's therapy left a bit of an impression, no matter how short lived it was. 

Because her little speech at the end sounded a lot like something a therapist would say! 
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Method of Madness

• Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #197 on: 13 Aug 2015, 21:48 »

What makes you think she's not still going?

MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Carl-E

• Awakened
  • The distilled essence of Mr. James Beam himself.
« Reply #198 on: 13 Aug 2015, 22:30 »

She may well still be going, but I seem to recall that there was a consensus in here that it was unlikely.  Something about her personality...  :roll:
When people try to speak a gut reaction, they end up talking out their ass.

Deadman

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #199 on: 13 Aug 2015, 22:52 »

Kinda feel sorry for Sven I mean his life seams pretty fucked/lonely.
Probably his only friend  or contact outside of his music stuff is Hannelore.
A string of empty meaningless sex that leaves you feeling hallow and....
The first time in a while (ever?) that he actually wanted a relationship it's an painfully situation that ends up blowing up in his(everyone) face.
Probably has vary little contact with his parents if they even acknowledge him at all(can not remember if he was even mentioned in passing).
And a insecure little sister that has decided that he is a toxic no good piece of shit that she wants nothing to do while he obviously cares greatly for her.
self hatred  isolation  depression 

still trying  :meh:
Just because I don't have empathy dose not mean I can not feel. Just because I could kill you and feel nothing does not make me a bad person. I do not have the capacity to feel like you so what is your excuse...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up