THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 16:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 5225 times)

FlutterRaeg

• Not quite a lurker
League of Legends
« on: 20 Aug 2015, 13:33 »

So how many of you all play League of Legends? I'd like to get to play with those of you that do sometime!

My Summoner name is Claire Augustus. I don't play much ranked and am only Bronze 1, but have played many normal games. I joined on my account in Season 3 but played on my cousin's account back in Season 1. I also own all but 9 of the current champions.

Please post here before adding me if you do want to play so I know that it's not just some random person trying to hack me or something, thanks!

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2015, 14:36 »

I slipped this over here with the other video game topics. :)

I used to play League a fair bit, mostly with friends. I keep thinking I'll get back into it sometime. My account there is NekoAli as well. If you see a Nekoali somewhere online, it's probably me. :)

My MOBA of choice late is Heroes of the Storm. I'm a big Blizzard fan, and I like the more team play oriented style, the variety of maps and objectives and the removal of item buying. I always found that to be such a pain. Instead of items you get talent picks at certain levels to customize how you are playing a character.

Mostly though the thing that keeps me from getting back into League is how much it's changed and how much of a learning wall I'll have to climb to get back into it.

FlutterRaeg

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2015, 15:52 »

Yeah I've played HOTS and it can be fun and casual. I just prefer League and items do allow me to go for a good variety of gameplay. Plus I have too many skins to just quit, and almost every champion! Haha.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #3 on: 20 Aug 2015, 23:34 »

There is already a MOBA Thread but I'm fine with a dedicated LoL thread. I recently got back up into Platinum but pretty much exactly since the promotion I've had the most horrible series of bad games, so I decided to take a break from LoL for a while to cool down. 2 Weeks of downtime and then get back to work on getting to Diamond.

FlutterRaeg

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #4 on: 22 Aug 2015, 00:24 »

Riot says they're going to not be giving ranked season rewards to anyone who got a rank restriction, 20 minute Leaverbuster queue, or chat restriction this season. Be wary of that everyone.

ChaoSera

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #5 on: 22 Aug 2015, 01:27 »

You got a source for that? Not giving the rewards to somebody who got a restriction once and then never again seems way more harsh than I'd expect Riot to be.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #6 on: 22 Aug 2015, 07:23 »

Well the way it was worded here you have to basically get your hand slapped by Riot during the season to not get the reward for that season. Not once and you are forever screwed. I honestly don't know how long seasons last though, or what all you have to do to get those restrictions. I know that I've gotten leaver punishments before because of being dropped due to crappy internet. I would hope they wouldn't punish people more for that.

Edguy

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Takin' care of business!
    • My facebook page
« Reply #7 on: 27 Aug 2015, 05:01 »

One season is one year, basically.
I dunno..

Edguy

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Takin' care of business!
    • My facebook page
« Reply #8 on: 01 Oct 2015, 00:57 »

The League of Legends Worlds championship starts today, at 3pm GMT. It could be worth a look even if youre not an avid follower of the game, as it willbe a huge event with lots of show!

You can find the stream for day 1 here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ma_0vQ1Arz4
I dunno..
Pages: [1]   Go Up