THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 03:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Miscellaneous computer news  (Read 21688 times)

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
Miscellaneous computer news
« on: 18 Sep 2015, 03:45 »

(Perhaps we need a thread like this rather than creating a new one for each odd bit of information.)

Here's some guidance on sensible handling of passwords from the British government - from GCHQ, in fact.  Debunks a few myths.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
Re: Miscellaneous computer news
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2015, 20:16 »

That's very good. It covers a lot of areas where I've banged heads with data-centre and general company managers.
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #2 on: 23 Sep 2016, 01:02 »

Opera v40 introduces a free browser-integrated VPN service with five endpoints:

https://www.opera.com/blogs/desktop/2016/09/free-vpn-in-opera-browser-40/
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
    • My home page
« Reply #4 on: 26 Mar 2019, 10:21 »

Europe votes to break the Internet.

This ensures that US companies will continue to increase the number of sites which block European access.  And while this may be seen as a (sole) positive reason for leaving the EU, I dare say that many US companies are sufficiently hazy about the difference between the EU and the continent of Europe that the UK will continue to be blocked as if it were in the EU even if we leave.
Pages: [1]   Go Up