Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 21 Oct 2021, 05:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Goldie Lookin' Chain  (Read 13531 times)

Hairy Joe Bob

• The German Chancellory building
  • "A porkchop, akocha!"
Goldie Lookin' Chain
« on: 25 Dec 2004, 14:04 »

You guys in America heard these guys yet? they are a bunch of stoners from Newport in south Wales who do very funny pisstakes of hip hop and other urban music.  You should check 'em out.
Our lips are sealed
It doesn't matter what they say, no one's listening anyway

devils_daughter

Goldie Lookin' Chain
« Reply #1 on: 25 Dec 2004, 14:38 »

I try so hard but I can't help but be amused by them. The whole thing about Elizabeth Duke from Argos...classic

jhum101

Goldie Lookin' Chain
« Reply #2 on: 25 Dec 2004, 14:59 »

heh, british people rapping
all i can think of is mike skinner, aka, "The Streets"
cockney accents + hip hop = hilarious

and then i'm reminded of another brit, Sacha Baron Cohen, and his awesome show the "Ali G Show". That show is great.

Hairy Joe Bob

• "A porkchop, akocha!"
Goldie Lookin' Chain
« Reply #3 on: 25 Dec 2004, 16:00 »

Mike Skinner doesn't rap tho - the GLC do actually rap pretty well. Just about ridiculous things like skinning up a joint, your mum's penis, pretending to be a robot whilst going down the shop for some fags. And all in a Welsh accent! They also do a great song that satires modern American mainstream hip-hop.

It's called 'Guns Don't Kill People - Wappas Do!'

Genius! Tho my favourite is 'Half-man, Half-machine'

Half man, half machine
What does it mean?
What does it mean?
Our lips are sealed

Sionide

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Check out the AnthroPC Handbook
    • sionide.net
Goldie Lookin' Chain
« Reply #4 on: 26 Dec 2004, 04:16 »

http://mouldylookinstain.co.uk/

Mouldy Lookin Stain

are a group which parodies GLC.
They released a song called "Dogs don't kill people, Wabbits do!"

You can download the song here. (right click-save target as on the "download file" picture)

You can find the lyrics here.

Enjoy.:)

MilkmanDan

Goldie Lookin' Chain
« Reply #5 on: 26 Dec 2004, 12:07 »

They ain't real. It's just Chris Moyles taking the piss.

Tinjessla

Goldie Lookin' Chain
« Reply #6 on: 26 Dec 2004, 13:45 »

Quote from: devils_daughter
I try so hard but I can't help but be amused by them. The whole thing about Elizabeth Duke from Argos...classic

I love that bit. And all those boyband-pisstake whispers of things like "emotional reality" and "daaance with me" before the chorus. All said with a serious look and a beckoning movement of the hand.

Hairy Joe Bob

• "A porkchop, akocha!"
Goldie Lookin' Chain
« Reply #7 on: 26 Dec 2004, 19:16 »

The bit about him getting stoned and dressing up in tinfoil then trying to sell himself in Curry's as a robot. Genius. they're just a bunch of stoners havin a laugh it's great. I read an interview with them and they said that basically they didn't expect it to last at all and they would just ride it as far as possible then go back to working in Sainsbury's.
Our lips are sealed

honest_that_way

Goldie Lookin' Chain
« Reply #8 on: 27 Dec 2004, 09:17 »

I hate this band, they are as bad as The Darkness. They are a novelty band who are as bad as that which they try to parody.

Schmung

Goldie Lookin' Chain
« Reply #9 on: 05 Jan 2005, 14:26 »

Slight necro post, but it's the GLC and some sort of patriotism compells me, like all novelty band they are amsuing and great in moderation. What I actually like about GLC is that aside from the hilarity is that the music itself is actually better than the majority of dodgy chart hiphop/r&b tripe thats floating around. Also, they're from Newport and anyone who writes a song with the title 'Your Mothers Got a Penis' deserves some kudos.

Lauraaa

Goldie Lookin' Chain
« Reply #10 on: 05 Jan 2005, 16:08 »

GLC rock!! The number of times I've drunkenly danced to "your mothers got a penis" in metros is beside me! I saw them live at Leeds festival this year and they were funny as fuck!!

[/img]

Schmung

Goldie Lookin' Chain
« Reply #11 on: 05 Jan 2005, 16:16 »

Metros in indeed, the rock.

Where else can you purchase toast at 3am to sober you up. Last time IW as there was my mates 21st, poor bastard ended up drinking a whole  bunch of what I strongly suspect was windolene (though they said it was some sort of weird German spirit).

I apparently bumped into Eggsy in a club in Newport a few weeks ago after they played a gig somewhere, but my memory of the event os somewhere between non-existant and 10 pints blurry.

Lauraaa

Goldie Lookin' Chain
« Reply #12 on: 05 Jan 2005, 16:23 »

hehe not only do you get free toast but the shots come to you!!! Score!! Most of my friends work there so it's where we all end up going most of the time and it's where I'll be tomorrow night after work!! Cheap and cheerful :D

Schmung

Goldie Lookin' Chain
« Reply #13 on: 05 Jan 2005, 16:49 »

Cheap?! Grah, so lucky, going to Cardiff requires severe amounts of pre-planning and a minimum of 6 people in attendance to make it economically viable. 'twas simpler in the days when my mates where in Uni there and I could doss round their houses.

Lauraaa

Goldie Lookin' Chain
« Reply #14 on: 05 Jan 2005, 17:16 »

hehe I live in Cardiff so life's easy in that sense for me :D Where abouts in Wales are you from?

Schmung

Goldie Lookin' Chain
« Reply #15 on: 05 Jan 2005, 17:31 »

Newport. Well, actually Ty-Sign, near Risca, but I don't like to admit to it since it's so pikey.

Lauraaa

Goldie Lookin' Chain
« Reply #16 on: 05 Jan 2005, 17:42 »

haha! One of my friends used to live in Risca, though he lives in Cardiff now. I might have to go work in Newport for a bit, either there or Bristol. The place I work is refurbishing for a few weeks so instead of giving us a long, relaxing holiday, they just want to pack us off elsewhere!!

El Opium

Goldie Lookin' Chain
« Reply #17 on: 05 Jan 2005, 19:41 »

I'm ex-Cardiff myself used to live in Thornhill which everyone thought was posh.
Pages: [1]   Go Up