THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 03:46
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please Inform the Captain...  (Read 4165 times)

Esotastic

Please Inform the Captain...
« on: 10 Aug 2005, 09:31 »

...their name is too long.

Although in all seriousness, I really, really enjoy the band Please Inform the Captain This Is A Hijack. And it's been rather hard to meet anyone else who's even heard of them. If not, you all(or some of you, or a few, whatever) should really check them out. I'd describe the genre, but I'm REALLY bad at that.

Postcards from the Future = Awesome Song.

spizzletrunk

« Reply #1 on: 10 Aug 2005, 11:25 »

Never heard of them.  I know you said you didn't describe genres well, but is it poppy?  Brooding?  Serious?  Clever?  etc.

Esotastic

« Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2005, 11:31 »

Hmm, more along the lines of a punkish, hardcore vein.

BillyxRansom

• Furry furrier
Re: Please Inform the Captain...
« Reply #3 on: 10 Aug 2005, 13:07 »

Quote from: Esotastic
...their name is too long.

Although in all seriousness, I really, really enjoy the band Please Inform the Captain This Is A Hijack. And it's been rather hard to meet anyone else who's even heard of them. If not, you all(or some of you, or a few, whatever) should really check them out. I'd describe the genre, but I'm REALLY bad at that.

Postcards from the Future = Awesome Song.
please inform is awesome. they're still around??
kjodshfoasdjoJKK.;;;''''""////////32xX

Esotastic

« Reply #4 on: 10 Aug 2005, 14:25 »

As far as I know, no. I mean, they only put out the six song LP, and after that they all went their merry ways.

Still, those six songs were awesome.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: 11 Aug 2005, 02:46 »

What is it with american hardcore/post-hardcore bands and ridiculously long names? I have this Revelation Records sampler disc somewhere (I got it free with an issue of Terrorizer for some reason) and it's quite frankly a bit ridiculous.

That said, I want to start a parody art-rock/noisecore type band, called 'The Number Twelve Looks Like The Locusts Plot to Blow Up The Eiffel Tower'.

Or at least a song.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

sp2

« Reply #6 on: 11 Aug 2005, 03:00 »

I think it's a compensation thing.

However, plenty of american Post-Hardcore bands have nice succinct names.  Blood Brothers, At the Drive In, BearvsShark....all nice and succinct.

Sydney

« Reply #7 on: 11 Aug 2005, 03:55 »

I think the main reason no one else is a fan, is because it's not the sort of thing you want to google or chat about on the phone... because that gets you 'noticed' :p

[edit] I can't find them on the interweb!! QUICK GIMME A LINK!!!!

Esotastic

« Reply #8 on: 11 Aug 2005, 05:16 »

Mwahahha, there AREN'T ANY!

I am the king scenester, I know of a band that trumps the minds of other kids. When they look at the shirt, they go "Oh, that's a band? Well...uhh...I've heard of them, I think. They did that one song, right?" they subsequently die after they encounter me, drained shells of former men.

I am the Darth Nihilus of music.

And "Drained Shells of Former Men" could be yet another post-hardcore band name. Although I'm not sure if it's long enough.

BillyxRansom

• Furry furrier
« Reply #9 on: 12 Aug 2005, 11:47 »

Quote from: Esotastic
Mwahahha, there AREN'T ANY!

I am the king scenester, I know of a band that trumps the minds of other kids. When they look at the shirt, they go "Oh, that's a band? Well...uhh...I've heard of them, I think. They did that one song, right?" they subsequently die after they encounter me, drained shells of former men.

I am the Darth Nihilus of music.

And "Drained Shells of Former Men" could be yet another post-hardcore band name. Although I'm not sure if it's long enough.
i am stealing that. i haven't yet decided if i am using it for a band name or a song name, but i am using it.
kjodshfoasdjoJKK.;;;''''""////////32xX
Pages: [1]   Go Up