Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 07 Apr 2020, 04:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rise Against  (Read 8026 times)

Andre

Rise Against
« on: 28 Dec 2004, 13:33 »

Has anyone ever heard of this band? It used to be signed onto Fat Wreck but later moved to Geffen. I think I have one of the last few copies of their old CD in Texas.

jin

Rise Against
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2004, 15:55 »

rise against?  meh, they're okay.  they sound more like background music to a xtreme sports video game than something i would put on my stereo to hear just to listen to it.

geoff

Rise Against
« Reply #2 on: 29 Dec 2004, 23:22 »

I don't really have anything to say other than "I like this band"...
and "When I saw them live there was this douchebag that kept elbowing people and finally everyone shoved him out because he was a douchebag."

So...

I like this band, and when I saw them live there was this douchebag that kept elbowing people and finally everyone shoved him out because he was a douchebag.

:)

Jamoky

Rise Against
« Reply #3 on: 30 Dec 2004, 00:24 »

I also don't really have anything to say other than "I like this band."

and I do.

c1utch

Rise Against
« Reply #4 on: 30 Dec 2004, 09:35 »

They wern't bad at Warped Tour '03 at all.

Thats almost all the experience I have with them, besides like 3 songs from a few compilations.

Princess_Tebride

Rise Against
« Reply #5 on: 31 Dec 2004, 07:51 »

Yeah, have to say, I like them.

Not obsessive, but am quite into them...

Andre

Rise Against
« Reply #6 on: 31 Dec 2004, 08:09 »

Well, to me they are the epitome of melodical hardcore....from Chicago, at least. I first heard them on the Rock Against Bush album, but I got some criticism from that because I live in Texas.

geoff

Rise Against
« Reply #7 on: 31 Dec 2004, 08:56 »

I'm pretty sure Texans are allowed to hate Bush too. Perhaps even more so than the rest of us.

CammyKnoxville

Rise Against
« Reply #8 on: 03 Jan 2005, 17:11 »

I really like this band.  I saw them live during Anti-Flag's Death of a Nation tour along with Warped Tour '04.  I even got the lead singer's autograph.  Their old stuff is different from their new stuff.

Ernest

• Duck attack survivor
  • Buy my book!
Rise Against
« Reply #9 on: 03 Jan 2005, 17:38 »

When I saw them on October 22 of last year, they were opening for Bad Religion (along with From First to Last, who sucked ass).  It was my first show, and my friends and I made the mistake of buying stuff before the show.  Anyway, we took turns holding it during a completely kickass show.  My friend dropped my copy of "Siren Song of the Counter Culture" (Rise Against's new album) in the mosh pit.  To make up for it, during the last two Bad Religion songs, he bought me another copy and got Joe (RA's bassist) and Tim (RA's singer) to sign it.  Awesome show, too.
Where I come from, we usually just shorten that to "yee-haw!"

MeekRat

Rise Against
« Reply #10 on: 04 Jan 2005, 00:54 »

Their older self titled is alot better then their new one if i remember correctly (havent listened to it in a while).

but they are not terrible.

IndieLoser17

Rise Against
« Reply #11 on: 04 Jan 2005, 09:30 »

I love Rise Against! My friend Sam really got me into them and Bad Religion....also a great band. I think Siren Song of the Counter Country is a great CD, But as most of you said not exactly there best! :)

3point14

Rise Against
« Reply #12 on: 04 Jan 2005, 11:56 »

Only place I've ever heard this benads music was in a video game,
Need for Speed: Underground Racing 2.....  what ever happened to short and easy titles for games?  I mean really, you try saying that damn title 3 times fast....   I miss pong.

anyhow. getting back to the topic, yes I've heard of them, I've even heard one of their songs...   it was loud and appropriate for background filler. I'd have to hear more before I say I like or dislike them.  

hrm....  I'm trying desperatly to think of something witty or interestnig to say but I'm coming up blank.  I'll just get back to work, knowing that I successfully answered the question at hand, but left empty because I am unable to contribute toward further conversation.  yeah....   or something.

geoff

Rise Against
« Reply #13 on: 04 Jan 2005, 22:53 »

Quote from: 3point14
Only place I've ever heard this benads music was in a video game,
Need for Speed: Underground Racing 2.....  what ever happened to short and easy titles for games?  I mean really, you try saying that damn title 3 times fast....   I miss pong.

Try on "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II, The Sith Lords" for size.

Continue with Rise Against discussion now. :)

xeno

Rise Against
« Reply #14 on: 04 Jan 2005, 23:04 »

I found the band via the very same game (same with lostprophets and the prequel). Game music reesults in good things.

3point, gotta love your 'lover of pie' subtitle right now. Don't get your post count too high.

3point14

Rise Against
« Reply #15 on: 05 Jan 2005, 09:12 »

I should have it changed to "Lover of me"
Pages: [1]   Go Up