Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 27 Sep 2020, 11:43
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: amazing  (Read 4316 times)

ComfortEagle

• Curry sauce
amazing
« on: 19 Jan 2005, 21:00 »

have you heard of http://www.dresdendolls.com">the dresden dolls?
thier amazing, go to the media area on thier site, its a guy and a girl, one plays drums the other plays piano and the girl sings. thats it. and it sounds awsome, just check them out.

synecdoche

amazing
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2005, 21:42 »

A friend played their CD for me a few weeks ago.  Very good stuff.

Shaft

• Furry furrier
    • Bass Cleft
amazing
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jan 2005, 05:32 »

They have the most un-navigable website in the history of piano/drum duos.
Quote from: tommydski
i realise that i am slightly buzzed on coffee in the toliets of a boeing 737 rubbing a wet rock on myself. if you've ever had a similar moment of clarity i think you may be able to relate to the feeling.

Praeserpium Machinarum

amazing
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jan 2005, 07:33 »

Heard a few songs, liked them immensly but haven`t got around to buy their cd...I am ashamed

rynne

• The Tickler
  • Hey, nice marmot!
amazing
« Reply #4 on: 20 Jan 2005, 08:18 »

Rumor has it that they're in consideration to open for Nine Inch Nails in London this March.

Seriously.
When Kleiner showed me the sky-line of New York, I told him that man is like the coral insect---designed to build vast, beautiful, mineral things for the moonlight to delight in after he is dead. - H.P. Lovecraft

betteroffdead

amazing
« Reply #5 on: 20 Jan 2005, 09:33 »

i'm in the same position as Praeserpium Machinarum. i know several songs and i LOVE THEM but i haven't bought the cd yet. (neeeed... mom's... credit card...). umm their videos are awesome too definitely check them out.

i really love their style and presentation. they're unique and seem to have great chemistry.

KharBevNor

• Awakened
  • broadly tolerated
    • http://mirkgard.blogspot.com/
amazing
« Reply #6 on: 20 Jan 2005, 09:59 »

I love the one track a friend sent me (Coin-Operated Boy), tried to download some more but could only find encrypted WMA's. Might have to get the CD to hear more, but it's way down the buying priority list.
[22:25] Dovey: i don't get sigquoted much
[22:26] Dovey: like, maybe, 4 or 5 times that i know of?
[22:26] Dovey: and at least one of those was a blatant ploy at getting sigquoted

http://panzerdivisio

Whorhay

amazing
« Reply #7 on: 20 Jan 2005, 11:52 »

Lol, I recognized the name from somewhere but couldn't think of where since I don't listen to the radio anymore. Then KharBevNor mentioned Coin-Operated Boy and it clicked. A friend of mine made me listen to it on the way home from M-16 training a month or so ago. Hilarious song and a very different sound to it. Given the opinions here I think i might go find their album.

nothingwitty

amazing
« Reply #8 on: 20 Jan 2005, 20:52 »

I havn't loved a band this much since I discovered The Arcade Fire through this site.

Thank you Questionable Content!

I went out and bought this CD today after hearing "Good Day"... so amazing.

Deformagraphy

amazing
« Reply #9 on: 20 Jan 2005, 20:56 »

I wouldn't say they're amazing, but grand.  Rumour is their being chosen for the opening slot on Nine Inch Nails upcoming tour.  THAT would kick ass.

Samedi

amazing
« Reply #10 on: 21 Jan 2005, 00:37 »

They're pretty good. I like most of their album, but they were nice and stuck their !awesome songs together so I can just hit skip a couple times and get back to the awesome.

swordskill

amazing
« Reply #11 on: 21 Jan 2005, 08:53 »

I should be seeing them February 4th at the Troc! woo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up