Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 08 Apr 2020, 19:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: East Bay Hardcore and RU36  (Read 10473 times)

PandaOnFire

East Bay Hardcore and RU36
« on: 06 Jan 2005, 14:30 »

Any one here from the Bay Area? Any ways, I'm sure most of you have seen AFI's pins and shit that says 'East Bay Hardcore'. The things, they're not. They did take some influence from it, but then they hit with a stick and raped it. Hmm, I'm not sure of the point of my topic; I guess I'm just gonna recommend some local bands.

First: The Sick.

The Sick are an East Bay Hardcore band, they're hard to get into since most aren't used to the vocal style. These guy are real EBH, I recommend 'The Violent Die Violently' from their media page.

www.TheSick.com

Second: RU36.

If you live in Northern CA then you've most likely heard of them. They have a cult like following around here that had spray painted their name all over the county. The FBI got involved because they believed it was a satanic cult, which led to them being featured in the news. I'm not sure of their genre, I guess hard rock and grunge perhaps. They're lyrics are fairly jouvinile, as they're just for fun and have no real meaning except for a few. They've also opened for the band GWAR.

I recommend every song available on their media page. Especially Rave Queen and Wrecking Crew.

www.RU36.com

Rune

« Reply #1 on: 06 Jan 2005, 18:15 »

I'm not from the Bay Area, but I'm now finding myself thouroughly enjoying The Sick. I don't find the vocal style hard to get into, really -- but then I'm used to that kind of thing (the vocalist of the band I'm in just insists on singing that way...ugh. He's much, much worse at it though.)

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #2 on: 06 Jan 2005, 18:35 »

where is the bay area? just to get an idea of what you are talking about....

PandaOnFire

« Reply #3 on: 06 Jan 2005, 18:44 »

The Bay Area is located around San Francisco, CA USA and Oakland, CA USA

negative creep

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #4 on: 06 Jan 2005, 18:47 »

okay thank you :)

happybirthdaygelatin

• Bling blang blong blung
« Reply #5 on: 07 Jan 2005, 12:36 »

i was born in the bay area but haven't been there in many many many years, i'm pretty interested in checking these bands out though.

PandaOnFire

« Reply #6 on: 08 Jan 2005, 10:23 »

You should, they're both pretty damn good.

Jamoky

« Reply #7 on: 08 Jan 2005, 16:07 »

<- Oakland.
but I don't really listen to hardcore.
I did, however, notice those crazy "RU36 JOIN US OR DIE" posters that are everywhere.

also: hot shit! right as I was typing this it started hailing like crazy.

nothingwitty

« Reply #8 on: 10 Jan 2005, 00:44 »

You made my day just now.

See, you said hardcore, and I was expecting something akin to "As I Lay Dying" or "Evergreen Terrace"...

Alas, no, you delivered with the good stuff.  Mmmm, more reminicent of the classic hardcore punk rock I grew up with.  Okay, the classic hardcore punk rock I fell in love with in highschool (10 years after the movement actually happened)....

I heart you.

Edit - just checked out RU36 - I heart you even more!  Too bad I live in Boise, Idaho

PandaOnFire

« Reply #9 on: 10 Jan 2005, 17:46 »

As I Lay Dying??

Muah, listen to metalcore? I've never been so insulted in my life! Kidding, some metalcore is OK but no where near The Sick.

PandaOnFire

« Reply #10 on: 10 Jan 2005, 17:52 »

Also, not living in the Bay Area is no reason not to enjoy them. You should defenitly order one of The Sick's albums and possibly RU36's album. All of the songs are great.

RU36's new album is coming out in Feb. so you might want to wait for that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up