THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 11:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Totalbiscuit and cancer.  (Read 3089 times)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
Totalbiscuit and cancer.
« on: 15 Oct 2015, 10:04 »

Wasn't sure where to put this but since Movie and Music Celebs show up here after they've died, I figure I put this here too.

TotalBiscuit (aka The Cynical Brit) is a pretty well known internet personality, youtube gaming channel, head of the co-optional podcasts, and renown for his anti-preorder stance.  He's been a guest on many other youtube channel, podcasts, and even the nightly news.  He got his start in the late 2000's but was stricken with bowel cancer.  He went through Chemo and fought it off and it is in remission.  He went to get a CT scan yesterday and posted this.

Well, I don't know if there is really a right way to tell people this, so I guess here goes. The CT did not come back negative. The cancer in the bowel is gone, but spots have appeared in my liver. They're not operable and there's no cure. Average life expectancy is 2-3 years, though there are outliers that live much longer. I'll be back on chemo in a few weeks, with the goal of pushing it back and keeping it there for as long as possible. I fully intend to be the outlier, the average is this way because most people that get this are old and not strong anymore. Who knows what they'll come up with in the next decade? I intend to beat it for as long as possible. Gonna need some time to process all of this. I don't really feel anything right now. Thanks.
Source

TB was not only very entertaining but also quite informative especially with the ever shifting youtube copyright rules.  He was one of the insperations for me to start my youtube channel and I am sure has affected others.  My prayers and best wishes go out to him.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Welu

• It was me, Austin. It was me all along.
  • Global Moderator
  • comeback tour!
  • That's a smashing blouse. FELLA!
Re: Totalbiscuit and cancer.
« Reply #1 on: 15 Oct 2015, 10:22 »

Sorry but I had to reread your post a couple times and look it up to clarify that he was still alive, especially with the opening sentence and use of "was" in the last paragraph.

I haven't watched much of him but I know my brother is a big fan. I think I'll go watch some of his stuff now, hopefully any additional revenue will help too.

ev4n

• Scrabble hacker
  • Shameless Shamy Shipper
Re: Totalbiscuit and cancer.
« Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2015, 04:00 »

I was very close to tears Friday when I read this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up