THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 06:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Myth Confirmed  (Read 2172 times)

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
Myth Confirmed
« on: 03 Nov 2015, 17:54 »

After 14 years of explosions, bullets, car crashes and other assorted mayhem to prove or disprove myths, the iconic show Mythbusters is coming to an end.

I've always enjoyed the show, and despite Discoverys disastrous decision to dump the build team, I'm kinda sorry to see it go. 

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/mythbusters-discovery-ending-1201623363/
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

xnerfherderx

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
Re: Myth Confirmed
« Reply #1 on: 06 Nov 2015, 12:51 »

I bet they'll get picked up by another network.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #2 on: 06 Nov 2015, 14:47 »

If they want to keep on making the show or something similar. 14 years is a long time doing one thing. Even if that one thing is blowing stuff up for science. It also seemed like they were searching a bit for content in later seasons. I remember seeing a lot of revisiting old myths. And then of course there is finding a network that's willing to foot the bill for the show, which is pretty large I imagine.

hedgie

• Methuselah's mentor
  • No Pasarán!
« Reply #3 on: 06 Nov 2015, 15:40 »

Considering that Adam and Jamie don't even *like* each other, I suspect that they will both be moving on to other things.  IIRC, they have both said things along the lines of "I'm glad it's over".
"The highest treason in the USA is to say Americans are not loved, no matter where they are, no matter what they are doing there." -- Vonnegut

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 07 Nov 2015, 11:07 »

I don't think they don't *Like* each other, if that were the case they wouldn't have been able to work together as well as they have for the past 14 year.  They admid they aren't 'Buddy Buddy' with each other, but they have had a great working relationship with each other which has led to 14 years of a unique show.

Granted they have different outlooks on things and are different personalities, but the working relationship has been great over the years and, while they aren't exactly gonna have a BBQ and Buds with each other, I think they have a level of respect for each other that has enabled them to work very well together on the show.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.
Pages: [1]   Go Up