THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 12:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Steven Universe is dead forever (Lion ate him)  (Read 41787 times)

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
Steven Universe is dead forever (Lion ate him)
« on: 28 Nov 2015, 22:28 »

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
Re: Steven Universe
« Reply #1 on: 29 Nov 2015, 08:25 »

The show is amazing, and now there are Funko Pop figures. Hopefully if they sell well we can get some fusions

Also, a gemsona creator
« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2015, 09:06 by Blue Kitty »

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
  • Be excellent to each other, party on Dudes!
« Reply #2 on: 29 Nov 2015, 10:12 »

Garnet is best gem
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #3 on: 29 Nov 2015, 14:09 »

I was late into the game on watch it, and I caught up literally the week before the last episode so far aired, then the show went on winter hiatus. That was a harsh transition, I can tell you... It is so well written. Like some of the best cartoons, it's there for kids, and it does teach valuable lessons without seeming preachy most of the time. But there is a lot of subtext and story weaving that really appeals to older audiences as well.

Replay to de_la_Nae
(click to show/hide)

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #4 on: 30 Nov 2015, 19:57 »

It's adorable, I love the art and stories, and the theme song was memorized like 3 episodes in. I will also echo that Garnet is the best. The episode where Steven comes up with a story about her day was very amusing and adorable, but also very real, because I can totally see a young boy come up with that story about someone he idolizes.

Basically Steven Universe just makes me smile and feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #5 on: 01 Dec 2015, 12:00 »

Right now they're all at the Cartoon Network shop but I guess they'll be coming to Hot Topic soon

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #6 on: 05 Jan 2016, 18:40 »

Welcome to the first Steven Bomb of the new year!!!

Last nights episode was a doozy, showing how Ruby and Sapphire first met and fused. Haven't watched tonight's episode yet because of work.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #7 on: 05 Jan 2016, 19:28 »

And it really does explain a lot about fusion and how it's looked on in Gem society. It certainly explains why Peridot is so uncomfortable around Garnet. And puts Jaspers forced fusion with Lapis Lazuli into new light...

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #8 on: 06 Jan 2016, 03:50 »

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #9 on: 06 Jan 2016, 10:24 »

HA! That's awesome! :-D

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #10 on: 08 Jan 2016, 15:39 »

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #11 on: 09 Jan 2016, 06:19 »

Ah, that was a great Steven Bomb. Once again, Garnet shows why she's the best Gem. :)

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #12 on: 09 Jan 2016, 11:29 »

Dat smug Pearl

« Last Edit: 09 Jan 2016, 12:03 by Blue Kitty »

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
Re: Steven Universe (edit: Spoilers)
« Reply #13 on: 11 Jan 2016, 17:22 »

What symbol?

Also looks like Jasper and Peridot wear the same uniform and the yellow diamond shape could be reflecting ... well Yellow Diamond.  Could explain why the Gems wear the star as Rose had one.  Looking at Lapis she doesnt seem to have any iconography that I can tell but she does wear a boy similar to Pearl.
You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it. - M. Gustave

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #14 on: 11 Jan 2016, 21:06 »

Lapis had a blue diamond on her dress, over her stomach area and split in half by her belt. It seemed that in the past, Blue Diamond was in charge of the Earth colony project. I had originally thought that maybe Rose Quartz was an overseer or something similar, who became infatuated with biological life on Earth and rebelled. But if you were to follow the color coding concept to logical conclusions then she would belong to Pink Diamond. Pink Diamond however is listed as a former member... Maybe she was the one who became disillusioned with the Diamond Authority and rebelled, with Rose Quartz and her followers following along? Time will tell I suppose.

Size seems to have an indication of rank in Gem society, with possibly one exception. Diamonds seem to be all huge, tower over everyone. Rose Quartz seemed some sort of leader, and was well taller than a human. Jaspers and other Amethyst are huge, as tall as the fusion Garnet, and hold high rank in Gem society. Pearls are servants, and while tall seem to be very thin. The same is true for Lapis Lazuli, who seemed almost conditioned to obey others, such as Jasper. Finally there are the small, servitor gems like Ruby and Peridot. They seem to be made in mass numbers, like Jaspers and Amethysts, but have no consideration in society... The lowest rung it seems. But then there is Sapphire. She's as small as Ruby, but was an aristocrat, like Rose Quartz presumably was. Just a wild theory, but I suppose it's possible that other Sapphires are not well thought of, but the one who becomes half of Garnet was a special case, due to her future sight ability. We have no real idea if that's a trait of Sapphires, or something unique to her.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #15 on: 12 Jan 2016, 07:04 »

Pretty much it on Blue Diamond. Maybe she wasn't the overseer directly, I would presume not. But in her fiefdom, or whatever the equivalent is? Or maybe she was just there to deal with the rebels. We still know very little about the Diamond Authority or the Gem Empire so I'm just guessing at things. As far as Pink Diamond... Yes, her symbol is missing, and the SU wiki has her listed as a 'former member' because of that. That is really the only information we have. But that's one of the great things about this show, they pay attention to the little details. Details which later on make perfect sense when a big point is dropped. Like looking back at the early episodes it's perfectly obvious from the start that Garnet is a fusion. The hints where there, but they were just placed, and never obvious to us because we didn't know then certain details about Gem biology. Crystology?

Possible theory? Pink Diamond rebelled against the Diamond Authority or was expelled from it for some reason. Perhaps the others thought she was to soft to be a Diamond. Pun intended. Rose Quartz was her representative on Earth, who followed in her footsteps, and so started/lead the rebellion. Blue Diamond was sent to deal with the situation but for reasons yet unknown was unable to stop the rebellion and the colony was written off until recently, when the Cluster was about due to awaken. Or perhaps because of the return of Lapis Lazuli? There is to much unknown yet.

Fusion seemed a common battle technique for lesser soldiers like the Rubies. It was something that stronger warrior gems like Jasper look down on as a trick of the weak. But the way Ruby acted in The Answer, it was something they did all the time. Fusing with Sapphire by accident shocked and surprised the court. Maybe nobody realized it could happen, Sapphire and Ruby seemed shocked at it... That it happened at all. Blue Diamond was scandalized that a lowly Ruby would dare to fuse with her Sapphire, which makes me think maybe it was known to some, but it's one of those things 'proper people' just didn't do, and certainly not publicly. Basically parallels to old (and sometimes sadly current) attitudes towards same-sex or mixed race couples. But I imagine a few members of the court were intrigued by this and later tried it out.

almost 6000 years later the idea of cross-gem fusion is known, and not as shocking as it was originally. But looked down on and reviled. It weirds Peridot out because it's something she's used to hearing and thinking of as strange, even freaky.  Jasper sees it as a sign of weakness, but is willing to use it herself to gain more power when she lost to Garnet. But they know it exists... it's just not considered proper. As far as why Jasper knew Garnet was a fusion immediately.. she already knew and expected Rose Quartz to be there. I'm sure she knew about Pearl and Garnet at the very least. It's possible Gems have an innate sense of each other as well. Jasper knew that Steven was part Rose Quartz at first glance, and thought he WAS Rose Quartz at first. Maybe Gems can just feel who is a fusion. The watchers and Steven don't know because we're all at least half human and don't understand Gem culture.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #17 on: 12 Jan 2016, 13:07 »

I HAVE SO MANY (more) QUESTIONS NOW!

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #18 on: 12 Jan 2016, 17:06 »

It's a very short clip and I don't get it.

AAAAHHHHH! I NEED TO SEE MORE OF THIS SHOW! I've only seen the first season and I want to know more about what you're talking about. T-T

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #20 on: 13 Jan 2016, 10:35 »

Thanks! I will!

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #21 on: 20 Jan 2016, 12:54 »

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #22 on: 10 Feb 2016, 11:54 »

Sooooo....I have a theory...Centipeedle is a corrupted Peridot from the age of the war.

seeing for a split second it takes a humanoid shape before becoming monstrous (do to being a cracked gem)

The color scheme of both the gem and hair of centipeedle match that of peridot

I'm not sure if all gem shapes are suppose to be the same shape or if they have changed over time but thats the only big difference I notice.

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #23 on: 10 Feb 2016, 12:34 »

It's entirely likely and logical. It's a known fact that the gem monsters that they fought early in the show were because of cracked gems from the war, and then later Cluster experiments. So The centipeedle could easily be a Peridot, or any other greenish gem. Peridots seem to be a technician caste, so it would be logical a bunch of them were on Earth to supervise/operate the Nursery. Gems of the same type do seem to share at least the same general body types. The other Pearl we've seen look a lot like the Gem's Pearl. All of the Ruby bodyguards looked nearly identical to one another. Amethyst is a poor example to look at though, because she's not the way Amethysts are 'supposed' to look like, and changes herself more  than the others, both in shape shifting, and when forming a new body after being poofed.

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #24 on: 11 Feb 2016, 16:54 »

UUUUUGGGGHHHHHH, there's gonna be another bomb. I know I should be happy getting a new episode each day, but I want the weekly thing to go on for awhile. Just give us a regular season already!

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #25 on: 11 Feb 2016, 18:02 »

As far as I know, it's never been directly stated, but heavily implied in episode that the corrupted gems are what's left of gems cracked in the war. It has been I think stated that the broken gems that make up cluster monsters are, by Peridot. However a lot of evidence has been shown to indicate that to be true. The centipedle mother taking human shape briefly on being released. Lapis having been bound into the mirror because of her cracked gem. The corrupted gems all attacking the Crystal Gems, poofing like gems when damaged enough, and being able to reform after being un-bubbled by someone. And after all, that's the sort of thing they love doing in the show. They'll quietly tell us stuff through imagery and suggestion that could be easily missed or glossed over way before someone comes out and says it in the show.

de_la_Nae

• Methuselah's mentor
  • but will you understand
« Reply #26 on: 12 Feb 2016, 15:30 »

The monstrous gems are definitely gems, I'm just saying that, past Lapis, I'm not sure that it's just cracking that causes the degeneration, though we've definitely seen that the Gempire recycles people (Lapis, the shards from "Frybo", Peridot's reference to the Red Eye).

By the way, pretty sure it was Garnet who said that.

(click to show/hide)

ischaemia

• Plantmonster
  • Almost necrosis
« Reply #27 on: 23 Feb 2016, 07:03 »

In regards to the query posed in the OP:
(click to show/hide)

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #28 on: 23 Feb 2016, 07:31 »

On fusion
(click to show/hide)

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #29 on: 23 Feb 2016, 08:29 »

On fusion and dancing: It's been said that gems dance to fuse so they synchronize themselves to each other It doesn't have to be much... Even just Ruby and Sapphire swinging each other about for a second or two is enough to activate their fusion. They are close enough though that it probably takes very little for them to synchronize with each other after thousands of years together. When the three Rubies fused though, they didn't go through that. They just formed a human pyramid and fused. It could be reasonably thought that same-gem fusion is a lot easier and doesn't require much if any synchronization. Since same-gem fusion just basically makes a bigger version of that gem.

When Jasper and Lapis fused though, they did do a little dance. So at least in the present day Homeworld Gems understand the mechanics of different gems fusing, even if it's considered unnatural. I can't really say if the first time Ruby and Sapphire fused was shocking because it was the first time it's been done and people didn't think it was possible, or shocking because while technically possible, it was through to be wrong for societal reasons.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #30 on: 27 Feb 2016, 10:27 »

Did the new steven bomb drop?  Because I just saw some clips of some shit going down!!!

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #31 on: 27 Feb 2016, 12:56 »

There's some drama going on cause CN UK leaked the new episodes

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #32 on: 27 Feb 2016, 17:40 »

There's some drama going on cause CN UK leaked the new episodes
how many and where can I get them?

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #33 on: 27 Feb 2016, 18:59 »

I have no idea, it might be on their page. I'm avoiding it cause I wanna watch it when they come to TV

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #34 on: 27 Mar 2016, 06:30 »

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #35 on: 23 Apr 2016, 19:00 »

THIS IS NOT A DRILL, NEW EPISODES INCOMING IN MAY

Edguy

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • Takin' care of business!
    • My facebook page
I dunno..

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #37 on: 11 May 2016, 17:26 »

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #38 on: 27 May 2016, 07:03 »

Ruby and Sapphire in "Hit the Diamond" are so friggen adorable.

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #39 on: 30 Jun 2016, 13:49 »

Here's the whole thing.  I am not going to post all the images here, but from start to finish, its gold!
http://imgur.com/gallery/5CzUF

Neko_Ali

• Global Moderator
  • ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #40 on: 30 Jun 2016, 14:57 »

Oh that was great. :)

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #41 on: 02 Jul 2016, 19:29 »

Blue Kitty

• Twitter

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #43 on: 28 Jul 2016, 13:56 »

Loved this episode.  Went in deeper about the shattered monsters.
(click to show/hide)

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #44 on: 28 Jul 2016, 16:21 »

Tonight's episode, holy crap

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #45 on: 29 Jul 2016, 05:46 »

I haven't seen the new one yet "Alone at Sea"  but compare the flash back drawings from Monster Reunion with Same Old World's Lapis flash back.
(click to show/hide)

Also we learned the difference between broken and corrupted Gems
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2016, 05:54 by LeeC »

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #46 on: 29 Jul 2016, 09:52 »

I just saw the 2 clips of Bismuth  :psyduck:

(click to show/hide)

I can't fucking wait!

Also I finally saw the Alone at Sea episode.  Toxic relationship allegory anyone?

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #47 on: 31 Jul 2016, 11:11 »

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2016, 11:24 by Blue Kitty »

LeeC

• Nearly grown up
« Reply #48 on: 02 Aug 2016, 08:58 »

Gem Hunt:
(click to show/hide)

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #49 on: 02 Aug 2016, 18:38 »

Gem Hunt:
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up