THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Mar 2024, 21:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What if Alice Grove and QC are on the same universe?  (Read 16015 times)

Theinternetsurvivor

• Not quite a lurker
  • In a good mood and making friends, it's my goal.

I don't know if anyone did a topic about this before so if someone did I apologize, I don't check this forum too often, but I've noticed something.

Alice Grove story takes place in a far distant future after the Great War against the humanity and AIs, which resulted in massive destructions and millions of deaths, and the Questionable Content story takes place in a timeline where people and AIs sorta lives in peace (a lot of discrimination from humans against the AIs are there similar to religious people against homossexuals), what if QC story is a few years before the Great War? After all AIs exists in both stories, they're getting more advanced and powerful the time passes, and there are people in the QCverse that rarely mentions about possible conflicts and discriminations between the religious humans and AIs, for example here. (And those pages which had Marten and Momo talking about AIs I forgot which ones were)
http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2069
And if I brainstorm a little bit, what if Jeph ever thinks about ending the QC story where the last pages takes place at the begining of that war and the characters fight for survival? Probably not, but what do you guys think on the matter?

Yes Jeph probably mentioned about both comics being in different universes somewhere, but if you actually link pieces on each comics you can see that you can actually link them very well simply by the fact that in both comics AIs are a thing.
Hi I'm new in this QC forum alterverse, coudn't resist being silent about my favorite comic.

jwhouk

• Awakened
  • The Valley of the Sun
Re: What if Alice Grove and QC are on the same universe?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2015, 23:04 »

Jeph pretty much stated from the outset that it's not - but we still like to throw things around that suggest they are.

Then again, that's our job here on the message boards: over project onto the comic.
"Character is what you are in the Dark." - D.L. Moody
There is no joke that can be made online without someone being offended by it.
Life's too short to be ashamed of how you were born.
Just another Joe like 46

retrosteve

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Very slow tourist
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jul 2015, 11:55 »

It's formally impossible to tell if they're in the same universe, at least from Alice's side. The world has been Edited, so no history or archaeology is reliable.
Thinks too much.

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jul 2015, 14:06 »

We'll know when they go digging up the past and find CoD
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

retrosteve

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Very slow tourist
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2016, 17:04 »

They're not, but there's a comment in one of the QC comics footnotes  that hints at the Alice universe:
I predict that our robot overlords will want nothing whatsoever to do with us. If we ever invent it, the first thing an AI will do is bootstrap itself to omnipotence and then light out for the Kuiper Belt.

(It's at the bottom of http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2069) I think this is pretty close to the genesis of Alice's world.
Thinks too much.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #5 on: 22 Jan 2016, 01:49 »

Even if they were in the same universe, there's such a huge time skip (around 5,000 years after the present day, according to Jeph's semi-serious comments at one point) that it wouldn't matter very much.
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

Method of Madness

• His Dudeness, or Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
  • Globe Moderator
  • Awakened
  • The Bootysattva
    • Me!
« Reply #6 on: 22 Jan 2016, 14:07 »

They're not
Well, they might be! Plus I doubt Alice is the only immortal who was alive pre-Blink.
They call me Mr. Madness.

Quote from: Polonius
Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.
MR ARCHIVE-FU MADNESS
Does anybody really know what time it is?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #7 on: 22 Jan 2016, 15:08 »

I'm just wondering if this is an alternate QCverse where 'Third Impact' went slightly awry and lead to the chaos before The Blink and the current setting of how things are in the Aliceverse came into being.
James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.
Pages: [1]   Go Up