• Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Valentine's Weekend Coming!

Marten proposes to Claire
Dora proposes to Tai
CLAIRE proposes to MARTEN (because she's a modern, liberated woman)
Emily asks Faye and Bubbles if this is their first date; stuttering ensues
Pintsize - The AnthroPC Who Stole Valentine's Day
Jeph reveals a half-dozen new ships in a matter of a few strips as if we should have known about them already
Mr Burny the Espresso Machine announces his love for the cash register
Sven writes a sugary love ballad and invites his sister to work out who its about

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: WCDT Strips 3151 to 3155 (8 - 12 February 2016)  (Read 35577 times)

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
Re: WCDT Strips 3151 to 3155 (8 - 12 February 2016)
« Reply #200 on: 13 Feb 2016, 10:02 »

Veronica lies!

New Rule: If a door is locked, DO NOT PICK IT.

New Rule #2: Same goes for all closets, strongboxes, chests, etc. etc.

New Rule #3: That Is Not A Toy.

New Rule #3, Addendum: Okay, fair, so it is a toy, but please set it down anyway.

#4: Snakes and other little friends stay in their homes and do not wander into lingerie drawers.

5) Froglord is not permitted in the Bathroom.

#6: I don't care if it's clean mud, I still don't want it in the food.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

War Sparrow

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #201 on: 13 Feb 2016, 10:08 »

if nothing has changed in Sam's brain, perhaps there should be a new rule about proper hygiene.

Also, the Secret Bakery must do well, cause Mr. Bean has a nice house.

(There should be a picture of Mr. Bean the TV character here, but I don't know how.)

Kugai

• CIA Handler of Miss Melody Powers
  • Awakened
  • Crazy Kiwi Shoujo-Ai Fan
    • My Homepage
« Reply #202 on: 13 Feb 2016, 13:37 »

Or if you prefer

James The Kugai 

You can never have too much Coffee.

BenRG

• coprophage
  • Boldly Going From The Back Seat!
« Reply #203 on: 13 Feb 2016, 14:10 »

For some reason, that second picture made me think of Jim saying: "One does not simply bake a muffin in Northampton!"
~~~~

They call me BenRG... But I don't know why!

War Sparrow

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #204 on: 13 Feb 2016, 14:40 »

Thanks! Now how do I do that? Is there a help thread?

Pilchard123

• Older than Moses
  • I always name them Bitey.
« Reply #205 on: 13 Feb 2016, 15:04 »

Code: [Select]
[img]ADDRESS_OF_IMAGE[/img]
In general, if you want to see how someone's post in created, just quote it. There's a few things that aren't immediately obvious just by looking at the buttons above the post box.
Piglet wondered how it was that every conversation with Eeyore seemed to go wrong.

pwhodges

• Admin emeritus
  • Awakened
  • I'll only say this once...
    • My home page
« Reply #206 on: 13 Feb 2016, 15:10 »

"Being human, having your health; that's what's important."  (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?"  (from: The Eccentric Family )

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #207 on: 13 Feb 2016, 16:58 »

Welp.  My cat just got glared at really hard.

He's not too sure why, but he thinks it may be the vomit in my shoe I had to clean up this morning.  That or knocking something off is what usually gets him glared at.

Tova

• coprophage
  • Defender of the Terrible Denizens of QC
« Reply #208 on: 13 Feb 2016, 21:56 »

Veronica lies!

New Rule: If a door is locked, DO NOT PICK IT.

New Rule #2: Same goes for all closets, strongboxes, chests, etc. etc.

New Rule #3: That Is Not A Toy.

New Rule #3, Addendum: Okay, fair, so it is a toy, but please set it down anyway.

#4: Snakes and other little friends stay in their homes and do not wander into lingerie drawers.

5) Froglord is not permitted in the Bathroom.

#6: I don't care if it's clean mud, I still don't want it in the food.

I fail to see how any of these rules could possiby be considered to be 'new.'
Yet the lies of Melkor, the mighty and the accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days. (Silmarillion 255)

Morituri

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
« Reply #209 on: 14 Feb 2016, 10:28 »

He's not too sure why, but he thinks it may be the vomit in my shoe I had to clean up this morning.  That or knocking something off is what usually gets him glared at.

You're kidding, right?  Cats don't respond in that way.  It won't occur to the cat that the glare is because of anything he might have done wrong.  He'll just notice you're in a bad mood.

It's the same with punishments.  Dogs are pack animals.  Packs need tight teamwork to hunt, etc, so packs do punishment and dogs understand punishment.  Swat a dog with a newspaper, and the dog immediately thinks, "I MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG!"  Cats are pride animals, which is a completely different headspace.  Prides share space socially and often share food, but prides don't require tight teamwork in hunting and don't use punishment to train group members to that teamwork.  Cats don't understand punishment. Swat a cat with a newspaper and the cat thinks socially instead of in terms of teamwork.  It goes, "Geez, this guy is being an asshole." 

And of course, the responses are completely different.  A dog will try to alter its behavior to please you, exactly like a team member who's been called on not contributing correctly.  A cat will avoid you until you're in a better mood or stop behaving like an asshole, exactly like someone sharing social space but who has no idea that their behavior (any behavior at all other than social interaction itself) is meaningful to you.

So.... don't bother glaring at cats.  It doesn't help.

Akima

• WoW gold miner on break
  • ** 妇女能顶半边天 **
« Reply #210 on: 14 Feb 2016, 14:19 »

For some reason, that second picture made me think of Jim saying: "One does not simply bake a muffin in Northampton!"
And then he gets shot full of arrows, beheaded, blown up, dropped from a high place etc.?
"I would rather have questions that can't be answered, than answers that can't be questioned." Richard Feynman

Penquin47

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
« Reply #211 on: 14 Feb 2016, 18:09 »

You're kidding, right?  Cats don't respond in that way.  It won't occur to the cat that the glare is because of anything he might have done wrong.  He'll just notice you're in a bad mood.

It's the same with punishments.  Dogs are pack animals.  Packs need tight teamwork to hunt, etc, so packs do punishment and dogs understand punishment.  Swat a dog with a newspaper, and the dog immediately thinks, "I MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG!"  Cats are pride animals, which is a completely different headspace.  Prides share space socially and often share food, but prides don't require tight teamwork in hunting and don't use punishment to train group members to that teamwork.  Cats don't understand punishment. Swat a cat with a newspaper and the cat thinks socially instead of in terms of teamwork.  It goes, "Geez, this guy is being an asshole." 

And of course, the responses are completely different.  A dog will try to alter its behavior to please you, exactly like a team member who's been called on not contributing correctly.  A cat will avoid you until you're in a better mood or stop behaving like an asshole, exactly like someone sharing social space but who has no idea that their behavior (any behavior at all other than social interaction itself) is meaningful to you.

So.... don't bother glaring at cats.  It doesn't help.

Yes, I'm kidding.  I catch my cat barfing in my shoe, I yell at him and move him away from the shoe.  I find cat barf in my shoe, I roll my eyes and clean out the shoe.  If he happens to be around, he might get glared at, but I don't expect him to associate the glare with the barf.  It's just to make me feel better.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up