THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 20 Apr 2024, 05:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Dark Tower  (Read 2385 times)

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • I'm unique, just like everybody else
The Dark Tower
« on: 01 Mar 2016, 21:27 »

While it's been as close to official as possible for a few weeks now, the movie based on Stephen King's series "The Dark Tower" is... officially official.

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/704674793145159680
(I dunno how make embededed)

Some highlights:
-They're pushing for a January 2017 release date
-The story takes place "somewhere in the middle"
-Confirmed Idris Elba as Roland and Mathew McConaughey as the Man in Black with Nikolaj Arcel directing

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/29/dark-tower-rises-stephen-king-idris-elba-and-matthew-mcconaughey

This is my favorite book series ever and Stephen King also authors my favorite individual book The Stand, so you can say I'm excited for it, though I am pessimistic that they can pull this off. There's a reason why the series has yet to be made into anything and it would probably work best as an hbo series like GoT. One big issue people are having is Elba playing Roland. In the books, Roland is white with blue eyes. Both of those things are important to certain parts of the story, though I'm sure it'll be fine as him being white wasn't so important that you couldn't rewrite certain parts. Last time they replaced a white character with a black one in a Stephen King adaption we got "The Shawshank Redemption". It did pretty well. I'm also assuming they'll digitally alter Elba's eyes to blue in post production. I really need to read this series again, ten years is too long ago.

Anyway, thoughts about this so far?
"There's a lesson in everything if you're dumb enough"

explicit

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • I'm unique, just like everybody else
Re: The Dark Tower
« Reply #1 on: 02 Mar 2016, 03:57 »

Just noticed I put this in the wrong place. Can a mod move it to movies, pretty please?
"There's a lesson in everything if you're dumb enough"
Pages: [1]   Go Up